MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Asian Aerospace Expo 2006

my college isnt AAE friendly...

Why not write an official letter to your college Fendy.

I did that in my college days and got permission to attend LIMA.

I will only be back on Saturday night from Christchurch. Will be heading on Sunday early morning. Appoinment with someone from here already. Sorry guys, otherwise I will go also. Read my 10 commandments please on my Story side.......must do things OK? To the rest who are attending, please have a great day there.

Folks,

Some added incentive for those 'darksiders' and 'bright siders' to attend the event?

An Airbus A380 test aircraft, decked in full SIA colours, will grace the skies of Singapore between 21-26 February. The aircraft will be participating in Asian Aerospace 2006, the region’s premier air show.

The A380, the world’s largest commercial airliner, will be on static display throughout the duration of the air show at the Singapore Changi Exhibition Centre. In addition, Singaporeans and visitors to the air show will be able to catch the double-decker in flight as Airbus test pilots conduct daily flying demonstrations.

I may be doing volounteer work for my pilot union to sell model planes (my next passion) during the event in order to raise funds for some children and cancer charity home. At present moment my roster says OK!

LeeCH

let me know if they got any SIA 1/500 scale especially 747 and A380.

Why not write an official letter to your college Fendy.

I did that in my college days and got permission to attend LIMA.

My college MMU is not really friendly with event such as this. especially the president of this U is an aviation hater. The aviation club here always having hard time to get any approval to visit B. Berendam. That's why i start my own FS group.

Azuddin

how should i get the admission ticket on public day?

Is it need to resevate through internet first before you go or you can buy the admission ticket at the entrance of the exhibition?

A380 shots - Take 1

Airbus A380

Interior

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Flight Deck

IPB Image

Wing View

IPB Image

IPB Image

A380 - Take 2

More pictures of the A380.

A big plane requires a big tow truck. Look how big these ones are:

IPB Image

View of the aircraft's wings while boarding. Note how massive it is and how it droops down.

IPB Image

The front portion of the aircraft. On the left you have the stairs leading to level 2, and you can see the small steps leading to the flight deck.

IPB Image

The stairs leading up to level 2. These are located at the front of the cabin. The stairs at the rear end are spiral.

IPB Image

Need to pee? Here's the toilet.

IPB Image

Our guide, Mr. Pascal, explains the workings of the test aircraft.

IPB Image

Closeup of the Test Engineer's Panels.

IPB Image

The wing from the rear lower cabin.

IPB Image

The upper deck.

IPB Image

The First Officer's controls. Notice the multiple cameras which can be configured to show multiple areas of the aircraft.

IPB Image

The whole cockpit.

IPB Image

CRJ900 Flight - Take 1

22 Feb 2006 - The NinerVictor admin team, touring around the Asian Aerospace site today, was invited to attend a demonstration flight onboard the Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft. Needless to say, we all jumped at the chance to get onboard this very beautiful aircraft.

The Bombarider CRJ-900 aircraft is the newest regional jet from the Canadian manufacturer. It has a range of approximately 2000 nautical miles and can easily sit 85 pax in a 2 class configuration. The standard configuration allows for a very generous seat pitch - 33" in Economy, and 37" in Business. Its not much more you may say, but heck, it makes a LOT of difference.

This aircraft is powered by 2 GE turbofans, which are mounted on the tail. These engines are able to thrust out 28,000 pounds of air at its maximum setting.

The aircraft on display, C-FHRK, will be delivered to Air Canada shortly. It features a single ailse, two-by-two seating as well as twin lavatories. More information on the aircraft can be found on Bombardier's site.

Here's the aircraft in question, parked on the western cargo apron, awaiting its passengers.

IPB Image

The cabin. taken during the static display.

IPB Image

As we taxi along WA to 02C, we pass the famous T1 viewing deck. Anybody there?

IPB Image

Of cos, we taxied on South Cross 2, oh what a beautiful site.

IPB Image

Number 3 in sequence, we lined up after Air India A310 VT-AIA, Fedex A310, and ValuAir A320 9V-VLC departed.

IPB Image

The takeoff was powerful to say the least. No doubt the aircraft was light, but the G forces felt were equalled to that of Concorde. What a fantastic takeoff. As you can see from this shot, we climbed quickly.

IPB Image

Once we passed 10,000 feet, seat belts off and folks starting mingling around and exploring the aircraft. We were seated at the rear end, while a number of buyers sat infront.

IPB Image

The wing at cruise.

IPB Image

The cockpit.

IPB Image

IPB Image

All too soon, the descent started. The flight was going to be over and Bombardier was going to make a decent sale.

On final approach for runway 02L, we passed the Changi Business Park.

IPB Image

Touch down was smooth altogether I think there was quite a stiff wind and we landed one sided. Parked beside the A380 on the WCA and we disembarked.

And some happy people we are.

IPB Image

My thanks to all the Bombardier staff who made this flight possible. My virgin flight in Bombardier aircraft, and a great one too!

Edited by tsentsan

You know, for those who dunno the huge push back truck looks like a massive 1000BHP front-wheel drive machine ready to tear the road apart kinda sports car

Ben-G

First up, some appetizers.

I really dunno if they are there for sun-tan session or the planes... oops, *snap*.. oops, *snap again*.. haiya, what happen to my finger ah?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I believe they are from the Sun Empire:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Aiyakk.. need to go out... A380 flying display coming up! Later

Ben-G

Sign in to follow this