MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

AirAsia's Big Sale Offers Good Deals For Local, Foreign Destinations

Yup, i think standard seat can't cancel and you able to choice your own seat as well. I booked KUL-BKI on 22/Jan which fare only RM0.01 and total for return RM78. Very cheap lor, able to choice meal :D

It can be canceled thru " No thanks" thr :blink:

Edited by Wong Y. K.

It can be canceled thru " No thanks" thr :blink:

Yup, i saw under seat selection able to cancel so price only RM18 for return. Very cheap lor. Can we add meal only without seat selection and luggage check in?

Yup, i saw under seat selection able to cancel so price only RM18 for return. Very cheap lor. Can we add meal only without seat selection and luggage check in?

Yes you can.

I got email from AirAsia regarding new promo for new route..:D ..

AirAsia now flies 2X DAILY from Kuching to Kota Kinabalu, Miri and Sibu; as well as launching our new route from Miri - Singapore!

And on top of that, we’re offering a RM 29* ALL-IN, ONE WAY FARE!

Booking ends 21st November 2010, and the travel period is between 17 December 2010 and 30 June 2010.

Better book now before the low fare seats are all gone!

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

i don't think its really zero fare. KCH-KUL is Rm29 plus another Rm9 is no longer zero fare. very misleading. only certain route is RM9 all inclusive and that is RM0 fare. i don;t know why ppl like me still hook on the bargain and yet it is so clearly a fraud i would say. sigh sigh

i don't think its really zero fare. KCH-KUL is Rm29 plus another Rm9 is no longer zero fare. very misleading. only certain route is RM9 all inclusive and that is RM0 fare. i don;t know why ppl like me still hook on the bargain and yet it is so clearly a fraud i would say. sigh sigh

Only early birds ever get to see zero fares. As such you have to be up at midnight on 9 November. I saw some zero fare seats for KUL-SIN.

As usual the early bird catches the worm. Many people are already alerted on Facebook and other social media. That is why the web site is jam packed. Best time to book is around 4-7 am.

Just checked out of curiosity - as of a few minutes ago, zero fares are still available to the less popular destinations like SIN and HDY.

See screenshot below:

HatyaiZeroFare.gif

Agreed with flee.. Most (All I would say) of AA's promo.. as advertised are usually correct at the time it starts.. but come back in an hour, and you'll realized the prices suddenly spikes up. Of course it depends on how "hot" the route is.. If its not very popular, it might still be as advertised price..

..... zero fares are still available to the less popular destinations like SIN and HDY.

Never thought I would ever see that, considering how access to SIN city was lusted for and fought over, not too long ago too :p

Never thought I would ever see that, considering how access to SIN city was lusted for and fought over, not too long ago too :p

Less popular in relation to supply. They have 10 flights to SIN nowadays - so there are a lot more free seats available on this route. Besides people don't plan to go to SIN 11 months in advance - so the travel behaviour pattern to SIN is different (most just go on the spur of the moment or at short notice).

The sale is based on supply and demand. More demand than supply = no more zero fares!

Less popular in relation to supply. They have 10 flights to SIN nowadays - so there are a lot more free seats available on this route. Besides people don't plan to go to SIN 11 months in advance - so the travel behaviour pattern to SIN is different (most just go on the spur of the moment or at short notice).

The sale is based on supply and demand. More demand than supply = no more zero fares!

Hmm i believe that they have some sort of formula to calculate it based on the "more demand than supply" = result in increase in price.. probably had the programmers working on the calculations at the backend of the system already~

I got SMS as holder of AirAsia Citibank card informed me regarding another new AK promo.

RM0.00 AA-Citi EARLY NOTICE: CNY SALE fr as low as RM9 to Penang/JB, Macau, Bangkok, Haikou & more. Book fr 15-21Nov10 @airasia.com. Fly 3Jan-31Mar11. T&C apply.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Not bad fares on offer.

London RM 1540 return

Melbourne RM 544 return

China destinations like Chengdu, Hangzhou and Tianjin oso going cheap. So is Seoul.

Grab them before they are taken up!

A word of advice if you got your cheap cheap fare with AK and travel in 10months time.

1. Don't buy the meals

2. Don't buy baggage allowance

because you can modify the record a week before departure ^^

So, why let AK have all your $$ 10months before departure.

That is what I learn from experience. :rolleyes:

A word of advice if you got your cheap cheap fare with AK and travel in 10months time.

1. Don't buy the meals

2. Don't buy baggage allowance

because you can modify the record a week before departure ^^

So, why let AK have all your $$ 10months before departure.

That is what I learn from experience. :rolleyes:

One caveat to that piece of advice though - AirAsia may increase charges for these items before you get a chance to add them later. The convenience fee has gone up from RM 5 per sector to RM 6. This is part and parcel of their plans to increase ancillary income.

That is bd luck then....^^

Anyway, I never pay any convenience fee using my debit card. ^^

Edited by Yoong

Anyway, I never pay any convenience fee using my debit card. ^^

This is interesting.. Care to share how do you get around the convenience fee?

This is interesting.. Care to share how do you get around the convenience fee?

Actually, debit cards are also charged the convenience fee just like credit cards because the payment gateway used is the same one. It is only when paying with direct debit via online banking that is free from fees.

Actually, debit cards are also charged the convenience fee just like credit cards because the payment gateway used is the same one. It is only when paying with direct debit via online banking that is free from fees.

Correct. Why is why I said it is interesting as Yoong mentioned that debit card was used instead of direct debit.

Correct. Why is why I said it is interesting as Yoong mentioned that debit card was used instead of direct debit.

Myself are confused too....now i understand.

thank you!

Sign in to follow this