MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

KUL 32L in 2010

If by air, probably in a commecial jet or the Fokker 50 as Singapore doesn't own a fleet of aircraft for VIP use.

Ramani, still want to catch 32R departure. Haha ! :lol:

BTW, I saw from radar TG sent their SA aircraft. ;)

Any idea if SIN PM came to KUL today in any special aircraft ? :rolleyes:

If by air, probably in a commecial jet or the Fokker 50 as Singapore doesn't own a fleet of aircraft for VIP use.

Thanks Kwek for the info. :drinks:

Just wish if SIA is so kind to give him a ride on their A345 or 77W :D

Blue plane in partly blue sky: me like, me like !!! :pardon:

Didn't know that Thai Airways sends its B744 to KUL too! So happy to catch this one. The sad part, I left my lens on MF so its not really in focus :(

DSC_0021.jpg

Gloomy day with some stupid weather (as usual!) in KUL nowadays. Today was out spotting for some 4 hours, still disappointed with the light and black sky. Anyways, enjoy :)

Z-WPE-32L-03-07-10.jpg

Definitely had to be the toast of the day. This is a 767-200ER registered as Z-WPE. I hope to catch you again sometime later with better weather :(

PK-GGV-32L-03-07-2010.jpg

Caught so many of GA's 737NG last weekend in SIN and seeing this 733 winking at me certainly covers back for the loss.

After this I only had boring traffic and decided to adjourn for lunch.

XY-AGG-32L-03-07-10.jpg

First catch after lunch was this. Dedicated to all my colleagues who left to join MAI.

9M-MQQ-32L-03-07-10.jpg

I like your nose colour, Mr. MQQ!

4R-ALD-32L-03-07-10.jpg

Sri Lankan sent in an A330 today. Unfortunately was expecting an A340, but looking at this weather it's ok to not have her today!

9M-XAB-32L-03-07-10.jpg

Coming back from STN was 9M-XAB

A6-ETA-32L-3-07-10.jpg

For a change, EY decided to send a 77W to KUL. I don't know if it is a scheduled 77W ops or what as I've only seen the A330s only before this. A6-ETA.

B-16310-32L-03-07-10.jpg

Usual regular, B-16310.

A6-EBJ-32L-03-07-10.jpg

A6-EBJ

PH-BQN-32L-03-07-10.jpg

Dedicated to Uncle Pieter! PH-BQN.

company.jpg

These guys are nowadays seen hanging around the spotting area. If any of you happen to go there, just beware of what's around you.

After KLM landed, I decided to leave. Till my next spotting session ( :p ) and excuse me for the low quality shots. Have a great weekend folks! :drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Waaa.... in this weather you still gone spotting eh, Sri Ramani?... :clapping:

Good catch of the EY \'s 77W... :good:

Uncle, there is no better way to spend the weekend than to do this :yahoo: I wonder if the EY 77W is going to be a regular or just happened to schedule her for today's ops only? Anyone with any info?

Sri Ramani,

Never mind the gloomy weather: the aircraft you took are fantastic - love the Etihad and Zimbabwe the most !!!

Don't you think, KLM looks great even in these conditions ? :huh:

Ramani, thanks for the pics. Btw, where did u spot?

Thanks Simon. I was actually spotting in Sepang town, a place where Chaity discovered good for 32L arrivals. Check this thread out with directions from Chaity.

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=664&view=findpost&p=255619

Sri Ramani,

Never mind the gloomy weather: the aircraft you took are fantastic - love the Etihad and Zimbabwe the most !!!

Don't you think, KLM looks great even in these conditions ? :huh:

Uncle, KLM looks great in any angle and any weather :good:

Any of you guys considered spotting by the DCA office just before reaching the terminal? Was there today and it seems like a decent place to spot (I think its for 32R though) but you'll need a ladder. Will post some pictures later.

SherM, spotting from the DCA office? You mean the new MAB HQ just beside KLIA mosque? If it is so, it is a bit far off compared to the nearer locations available (e.g. ladang, lakeside, obs hill). Anyways, I was in Sepang today to meet a friend and on my way back I decided to do a quick brief spotting. It was raining already when I reached but I cannot go back empty handed. Just a few common subjects with some bad rain all the way. Ultimately my main aim is just to share. Hope you enjoy :)

V8-RBR-32L-04-07-10.jpg

RBR greeted me as soon as I arrived. I remember the rush to get my camera out of the bag as she was approaching very close already.

9M-XXB-32L-04-07-10.jpg

9M-XXB coming back from OOL.

9M-MKG-32L-04-07-10.jpg

9M-MKG

PK-AXE-32L-04-07-10.jpg

PK-AXE all the way from SUB.

You can see when the Indonesia AirAsia was approaching, the rain was very heavy already. Luckily I got my camera a simple "rain coat" last week :) Hope to go spotting again sometime next week. Cheers! :drinks:

Its near the fire station actually where all the emergency . Here's some sample shots.

dsc0065x.jpg

If you have a ladder, I think a UWA lens would be good. Not sure how long you can spot there if you're spotted with a ladder though.

dsc0069fg.jpg

dsc0066jn.jpg

Edited by SherM

True. Unless you've got that ladder. Haha.. When I was there today, there were quite a number of people there actually but without camera's. Probably just having a look. Looks like you guys have tried every single spot there is around KLIA huh?

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/underzoom/Aircraft%20Spotting/V8-RBR-32L-04-07-10.jpg

RBR greeted me as soon as I arrived. I remember the rush to get my camera out of the bag as she was approaching very close already.

Wasn't RBR the 1st one too, when Kwek and I arrived at Changi Beach last week ? Sweet memories as a consequence... :pardon:

Went for a fruitful spotting session today, with good light. Only turned cloudy and started to drizzle towards the afternoon. Also an unexpected event @ OH. Will elaborate at 32R thread.

A7-AEI-32L-10-07-10.jpg

A7-AEI

A9C-LI-32L-10-07-10.jpg

A9C-LI

9M-MMY-32L-10-07-10.jpg

9M-MMY with a funky radome! :clapping:

Z-WPE-32L-10-07-10.jpg

Z-WPE. Caught her this time with fairly good light. One for the album :)

4R-ADA-32L-10-07-10.jpg

Sri Lankan still sending A340 to KUL. No sign of the 767-300ER as reported by Raj @ http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14522

9M-AFM-32L-10-07-10.jpg

9M-AFM. Dedicated to KC Sim. :good:

A6-EBB-32L-10-07-10.jpg

A6-EBB.

Others are all either the same a/cs which I have posted throughout this thread or just plain boring traffic :rofl: Cheers!

Light was certainly good this morning for plane spotting. :good:

Anything passing by just click, click, click and would come out nice. :lol:

BTW, did you wait for CX725 evening flight at around 1640 ? A330 OneWorld came. ;)

And to warn again, beware if you go to the Sepang town spot.

They seem to hang around that area very often. :drinks:

Ramani, those monkeys look harmless unless provoke. =@

Just another caution to all. I was told by a residence there to wary of some "people" asking for direction especially in the evening when you are alone. Those people might turn out to be burglars. :ninja:

Edited by Chaity

Light was certainly good this morning for plane spotting. :good:

Anything passing by just click, click, click and would come out nice. :lol:

BTW, did you wait for CX725 evening flight at around 1640 ? A330 OneWorld came. ;)

Just another caution to all. I was told by a residence there to wary of some "people" asking for direction especially in the evening when you are alone. Those people might turn out to be burglars. :ninja:

Light was spectacular in the morning, but it dimmed off slowly towards the evening and eventually started drizzling followed by rain circa 3pm. I left at 2.30pm so no OW for me :( Thank you for informing Chaity, as I was warned about this too last week when I was there. :drinks:

there was a Weststar 732 landed in KUL today at around 1630hrs. please tell me someone went spotting? :sorry: :sorry:

Hehehe! :rolleyes:

Most of us are counting on you. :p

The faces you see most in KUL are busy working ..... :nea:

Guys, i received e-mail from Cummins NG... spotter from Hong Kong. He and a few of his friends will be in town from 7 to 9 August 2010. He wanna do some spottings in KUL. As i would be tie up for some personal matters, anyone here kind enough or are going spotting during that weekend please let me know. Cheers! :)