MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

New Year 2006 spotting in KLIA

Went spotting with another friend of mine since other MW spotters were busy.

The weather was gloomy but that would not deter our spirit as the traffic in the morning was busy.

Here are some of the birds "caught" from 8:45AM to 11AM in 32R since the barrier was "open" rolleyes.gif

Royal Nepal

user posted image

Royal barge

user posted image

Happy to see this MD-11 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image

Red one

user posted image

Blue one

user posted image

Lease one tongue.gif

user posted image

New one biggrin.gif

user posted image

Busy traffic that morning and almost every 3 minutes a flight. Yahoo! biggrin.gif

In between, some landing on Rwy 32R for MAS 734.

Share some of your spotting pics on 2nd Jan 06-lah.

Hi Min Chun, thanks for your comments.

I don't really quite get your question.

If your question was the Red one in the previous photos (Royal Nepal or Eva MD11) was the same as MPB ?

Then the answer is Yes.

Not lucky enough to get both Hibiscus I & II plus Heliconia on the same morning yet.

Some day, I will. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Aduuuh, so nice u ppl in KLIA,.. not like me here in Kuching.. everyday sama!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Hey TY,

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Was at KLIA this evening at the other end of 32R..... took some pics, but not so nice lah.....

Hey TY,

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.  Was at KLIA this evening at the other end of 32R.....  took some pics, but not so nice lah.....

23212[/snapback]

Hey Kelvin, show your photos-lah.

As long as plane photos, all are nice laugh.gif

Aduuuh, so nice u ppl in KLIA,.. not like me here in Kuching.. everyday sama!!!  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

23180[/snapback]

aiyo..at least u can get 'same'..in penang here..no transport ot airport.adn the traffic is not so busy..mostly of the time i saw SQ 777 bound for CHangi take off at 6.15pm daily...other no more! anyone here go Penang spotting? smile.gif

ps: chaity..sorry for broken manglish..yeah..u answered my question d..thanks!

Edited by Min Chun

aiyo..at least u can get 'same'..in penang here..no transport ot airport.adn the traffic is not so busy..mostly of the time i saw SQ 777 bound for CHangi take off at 6.15pm daily...other no more! anyone here go Penang spotting?  smile.gif

ps: chaity..sorry for broken manglish..yeah..u answered my question d..thanks!

23352[/snapback]

Min Chun

I tried spotting at PEN three weeks ago. No really good spot. Here are some shots taken at Sg Nipah and Ptg Damar Laut. Cheap film camera, wrong time, poor weather and novice cameraman can only produce these. Have to save up for a DSLR lah.

Maskargo Long Shot

user posted image

B734 MH taking off Rwy 04

user posted image

T7 SQ turning off active

user posted image

Fedex A300?

user posted image

DHL B732?

user posted image

China Airlines Cargo B743?

user posted image

Another shot of B734 MH just landed

user posted image

Sorry I don't have a long lens - only 200mm.

Attan..Where were u standing? A muddy place..in front of a river with broken fence? What was the time when u go spot? Around 5 oclock? You got some heavies too..when was the CHINA AIRLIENS CARGO and SQ772 landed? I always got the SQ777 takeoff at 6.15pm and one extra gift from MH..a MH734 come in to land also..biggrin.gif

**ps: anyone hear know the busies traffic in Penang Bayan Lepas Int'l Airport? ANy chances to spot MH 777 in Penang? smile.gif

Edited by Min Chun

Hey Kelvin, show your photos-lah.

As long as plane photos, all are nice  laugh.gif

23287[/snapback]

Hey TY,

oledi posted lah, but in another topic. "Spotting Pictures"... :-).

Waseh.. Fedex, China cargo, dhl.. alll the cargo Penalso got...kchleh.. dhl & transmile only lar... mad.gif My camera getting bored with WBGG laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Waseh.. Fedex, China cargo, dhl.. alll the cargo Penalso got...kchleh.. dhl & transmile only lar...  mad.gif  My camera getting bored with WBGG  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

23461[/snapback]

Bring you and your camera to KLIA lah, fren smile.gif

Min Chun,

I spot at Penang quite often lately since I gained more freedom (from my dad biggrin.gif ) being a university student and above 21. I've got some pictures. See if I can post some here soon... The problem is, most of the time I go spotting, I don't have a camera with me. Merely presenting myself at the airport vicinity and having those metal birds flying over the skies and making so much noice is enough to fascinate me... Of course, having a camera along would be most valuable, but... what can I do... poor guy... laugh.gif

Sure, if I got pictures I'll post here! smile.gif

Ignatius,

yeah, Penang has a wide breadth of Cargo's serving. Besides those you mentioned, there is also UPS and they serve Penang with their 757! Rarely can one find 757 in the skies of Penang, but here is one! tongue.gif Nevertheless, Penang traffic can be banal after sometime; rarely do visitors come.

Attan was standing by the fence east of the airport! ;-) There's where I stand most of the time to spot! biggrin.gif

Eh... Those who spot at Penang, we go together-lah next time...?

Min Chun,

I spot at Penang quite often lately since I gained more freedom (from my dad  biggrin.gif ) being a university student and above 21. I've got some pictures. See if I can post some here soon... The problem is, most of the time I go spotting, I don't have a camera with me. Merely presenting myself at the airport vicinity and having those metal birds flying over the skies and making so much noice is enough to fascinate me... Of course, having a camera along would be most valuable, but... what can I do... poor guy...  laugh.gif

Sure, if I got pictures I'll post here!  smile.gif

Ignatius,

yeah, Penang has a wide breadth of Cargo's serving. Besides those you mentioned, there is also UPS and they serve Penang with their 757! Rarely can one find 757 in the skies of Penang, but here is one!  tongue.gif Nevertheless, Penang traffic can be banal after sometime; rarely do visitors come.

Attan was standing by the fence east of the airport! ;-) There's where I stand most of the time to spot!  biggrin.gif

23470[/snapback]

Wah..maybe me..this kid should folllow MWs Penang spotter to spot..but without camera..just hearing the sound and wacthing the metal bird would cheer me up ! cool.gif

So i think every spotter in Penang stand on the same spot..turn left from main road(beside Follow Me Building or xxx building if not mistaken laugh.gif )..then turn right then go straight..right? Get wat i mean? tongue.gif

Min Chun,

I spot at Penang quite often lately since I gained more freedom (from my dad  biggrin.gif ) being a university student and above 21. I've got some pictures. See if I can post some here soon... The problem is, most of the time I go spotting, I don't have a camera with me. Merely presenting myself at the airport vicinity and having those metal birds flying over the skies and making so much noice is enough to fascinate me... Of course, having a camera along would be most valuable, but... what can I do... poor guy...  laugh.gif

Sure, if I got pictures I'll post here!  smile.gif

Ignatius,

yeah, Penang has a wide breadth of Cargo's serving. Besides those you mentioned, there is also UPS and they serve Penang with their 757! Rarely can one find 757 in the skies of Penang, but here is one!  tongue.gif Nevertheless, Penang traffic can be banal after sometime; rarely do visitors come.

Attan was standing by the fence east of the airport! ;-) There's where I stand most of the time to spot!  biggrin.gif

23470[/snapback]

At least there are planes to spot in Penang. In IPH it's just once a day MH 734 and on certain days Merpati's 732 I think ?

Now that's boring.

Min Chun

The Fedex and DHL a/c were coming in to PEN around 1800 but the China Airline Cargo came early afternoon.

Most of the time Rwy 04 in use, so you either get landings if you're at Ptg Damar Laut or landed aircraft turning off the runway if you're at Sg Nipah.

Will be in PEN for Chinese New Year but no car this time, so no spotting lah.

Min Chun

The Fedex and DHL a/c were coming in to PEN around 1800 but the China Airline Cargo came early afternoon.

Most of the time Rwy 04 in use, so you either get landings if you're at Ptg Damar Laut or landed aircraft turning off the runway if you're at Sg Nipah.

Will be in PEN for Chinese New Year but no car this time, so no spotting lah.

23497[/snapback]

hmm..Fedex,CHL come daily? China Airlines Cargo comes daily too? hmm..Attan..do u knoe when will it(CA Cargo)t take off again and when is the busiest time?(either more t/o or more landing or more t/o and landing tongue.gif )

So sorry, Min Chun, can't help you there. I was just visiting PEN when I took those shots. Was in PEN Dec 30 to refuel my C172 and then off to LGK. Popped into the Control Tower to submit my flight plans but didn't have time to "sembang" with the controllers but maybe next time when I'm there I'll casually ask them for the traffic flow pattern at PEN.

Attan, happy for you that you can simply fly on your own plane. By the way, is Simpang Airport open for civilian privately owned planes? I live in Taman Desa (the little hill full of houses and lots of condos along Jalan Klang Lama), not too far from Simpang, and often see small planes flying to / from Simpang.

Another thing, occasionally there are blackouts in this area... as usual lah with TNB! Sometimes during blackouts, the red warning lights of a telecommunications tower in Taman Desa also goes out. This could be a hazard to aircraft from Simpang. I wonder if the folks at Simpang tower is aware of this.

So sorry, Min Chun, can't help you there. I was just visiting PEN when I took those shots. Was in PEN Dec 30 to refuel my C172 and then off to LGK. Popped into the Control Tower to submit my flight plans but didn't have time to "sembang" with the controllers but maybe next time when I'm there I'll casually ask them for the traffic flow pattern at PEN.

23511[/snapback]

Attan... Is Mr. Ooi the manager still there?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Wah..maybe me..this kid should folllow MWs Penang spotter to spot..but without camera..just hearing the sound and wacthing the metal bird would cheer me up !  cool.gif

So i think every spotter in Penang stand on the same spot..turn left from main road(beside Follow Me Building or xxx building if not  mistaken laugh.gif )..then turn right then go straight..right? Get wat i mean?  tongue.gif

23495[/snapback]

Eh Min Chun, you Penang guy ah? Next time I go back Penang I let you know-lar if I go spotting...

Attan, Chinese New Year there? If I get a car to go spotting maybe I can let you know and also Min Chun can follow... Deal? rolleyes.gif

Poor Sing Yew... I understand your feeling... I remember the airspace above my house (near PR NDB) was once uni-directional. It's getting more exciting these past months when Butterworth Approach or whatever (Penang Tower or Lumpur Center) allows inbound traffic to WMKP above my house! They are pretty low; can't tell how low but lower than outbound traffic would be... So I get to see a variety of a/c at relatively low altitude above my house...

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Poor Sing Yew... I understand your feeling... I remember the airspace above my house (near PR NDB) was once uni-directional. It's getting more exciting these past months when Butterworth Approach or whatever (Penang Tower or Lumpur Center) allows inbound traffic to WMKP above my house! They are pretty low; can't tell how low but lower than outbound traffic would be... So I get to see a variety of a/c at relatively low altitude above my house...

23523[/snapback]

How nice.

So Teoh, you're studying at UM are you ? Will probably give you a buzz when I'm at UM. I normally drop by at Pekan Buku to buy my textbooks before I head back to Adelaide.

It was single runway ops yesterday during lunch time.

Saw MRD and TVD sitting next to each other on the open tarmac.

user posted image

Later, saw this Austrian being towed to an open tarmac. Leaking toilet again ? dry.gif

user posted image

At around 1:10PM, this was on the runway. How they wish to have an engine of 737 or 777....

user posted image

It seems some debris on Rwy 32R.

user posted image

Traffic was halted for about 20 mins and a waiting MAS 734 must be cursing mad. wink.gif