MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

2006- Turning year of MAS?

what flight is that?

KUL-KCH?

23385[/snapback]

KUL-HKG MH0072 04Jan06

The queue for excess baggage is for all MAS flights....

A little bird told me last night that MH is in negotiations with oneworld. ST was considered a no no for some reason. Will pass on more info when it comes along...

23295[/snapback]

HOORAY!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

KUL-HKG MH0072 04Jan06

The queue for excess baggage is for all MAS flights....

23388[/snapback]

Half full for MH 72 ?? Wow!! The last time I took it back in 1999 it was full and it was on a B744.

Half full for MH 72 ?? Wow!! The last time I took it back in 1999 it was full and it was on a B744.

23433[/snapback]

Actually, its first few days back at school, and lots of people put off travelling during this early period..... hopefully it picks up soon, but also hope that MAS opens 10 more counters for the excess baggage payment... :-). or that they go back to the old ways and be more lenient...

That's a big hassle for passengers indeed blink.gif From the queue, it appears not many counters were opened collect the excess charges.

Going Beyond Expectations rolleyes.gif

Thanks Pieter for reminder. Will travel on KLM from MAN to AMS later this month and on MAS from AMS to KUL. I didn't know they are so strict.

23276[/snapback]

Label-thru your luggage at MAN for KUL straight-away (is the handling done by Aviapartner ?), for check-in at AMS will be done by KLM and enforcing the strict rule(s)...

Regarding the OW i.s.o. ST issue: this is new to me...will ask around tomorrow...

Kelvin,

I emplore you to send those pictures and that story you encountered to NST or TheStar... that is absolutely ridiculous.. Pieter, I'm sure you agree that charging for excess baggage is ok, but this queuing AND DELAYING OF FLIGHTS is terrible...

Mana Ada Sistem... I hope MAS can solve this massive dilemma.

Paying for the excess baggage is one thing, but the wait was horrible....

Took me more than an hour to get to the counter to pay.  Told them i needed to board NOW, and they said that they had informed all flights to delay departure.  Got my boarding pass at 9am, ran to the gate (missed my Mc.Donalds sausage McMuffin with egg !!!!), heard my name being called.  When arrived at C25, they were going to offload my bags.  Anyway, last one on the plane at 9.15...!!!  ETD 9.15am...!!!

23374[/snapback]

Wouldn't the delays cause even more severe implications ?

Frustrated and sad to read Kelvin B's posting ... mad.gif sad.gif

So guys ... still wanna fly MH huh?!? ohmy.gif huh.gif tongue.gif

Edited by Hisham Albakri

That's a big hassle for passengers indeed  blink.gif From the queue, it appears not many counters were opened collect the excess charges.

Going Beyond Expectations  rolleyes.gif

23436[/snapback]

At the start, there were only 2 counters, but after about half an hour, they opened up another 3 or 4 counters, for cash only. unfortunately, i didnt have much cash on me...... tongue.gif

Frustrated and sad to read Kelvin B's posting ... mad.gif  sad.gif

So guys ... still wanna fly MH huh?!?  ohmy.gif  huh.gif  tongue.gif

23514[/snapback]

I was upset, but didnt make a big deal about it. There was this one guy who was making a very big deal, shouting at everyone.

Thing is, the people doing the dirty work (collecting money and swiping credit cards and filling out the forms) were okay. They were just overworked. Its not really their fault, and I thought there was no point shouting at them. I will, however complain to MAS about their supervisors. The nice lady who gave me the ticket wanted to call the gate to tell them i was coming in, but the supervisor told her no need, coz he told them already, apparently. Imagine my surprise when I found that they had started the process of offloading my bags when I got to the gate. Lucky didnt stop for a pee.... nanti sure miss flight one.

And the flight crew was very nice ( I guess I got a good crew this time). Sometimes they are just horrible, but when they are more relaxed, they are a friendly lot....

Sometimes we get so pissed off at the way the management runs things at MAS. Its always the same, management screwing things up. Yesterday was a very good example. The Leading Steward (correct term?? blink.gif ) took my "statement" in a feedback form, and insisted that I report this to MAS.

Well, there are good and bad things about MAS. I will probably keep on Flying MAS for a few months (until March, when points start getting accumulated for Krisflyer EG wink.gif ) Lets see if things change by then.

Hi Sandeep,

Have never written in to the papers before. Will first write a nice story to MAS, and see what they say. I just hope they improve their services.

Hi Sing Yew,

No idea about what the delay will cause..... i think they switched on the Turbo, coz we got into HKG not so late... hahhahah....

It seems to me that MAS has already up its fare on the ex-London flights! I noted their latest special offer to South East Asia is £465+tax, this is more than £100 expensive than their last year's sale. This makes them one of the most expensive airlines to South East Asia. I am so surprised that MAS has increased its fare so dramatically without even realising that people will switch to other airlines for a cheaper fare?! Now a Singapore Airlines ticket is about £75 cheaper (almost RM500) and Emirates £125 (RM800!)

mad.gif

Here in the Netherlands, it's still the other way around (look at www.vliegtarieven.nl) for instance...fares to Australia and New-Zealand are still slightly cheaper than the promotional ones of SQ (about 50 Euros for similar destinations) wink.gif

From the news:

Malaysia Airlines manager quits after pay furore

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) - A senior expatriate manager at ailing national carrier Malaysia Airlines has resigned, following controversy over his salary.

The airline's senior general manager, Chris Andrews, came under the spotlight after it emerged that the loss-making flag carrier was paying him 7,525 ringgit (1,996 US dollars) a day.

"I can confirm his resignation. It was in an internal circular," an airline official told AFP, declining to elaborate or give reasons for the departure.

The opposition has attacked what it called extravagant spending habits at Malaysia Airlines following revelations of big bills for corporate artwork and salaries for expatriate staff.

Opposition leader Lim Kit Siang has criticised the airline's spending as "shocking and unnacceptable" and described the purchase of paintings for its headquarters "a gross and irresponsible extravagance."

The airline reportedly bought three paintings worth 1.55 million ringgit (400,000 dollars).

The troubled carrier recently announced its second straight quarterly loss in the three months to September.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has said that the government was willing to extend loans to help it return to profitability but ruled out a bail-out, as has happened in the past.

In 2001, following allegations of mismanagement, the government controversially bought then-chairman Tajudin Ramli's stake in the carrier for more than twice the market value, a move followed by a restructuring exercise.

Wonder when will they stop all the excessive perquisites consumption.

It seems to me that MAS has already up its fare on the ex-London flights! I noted their latest special offer to South East Asia is £465+tax, this is more than £100 expensive than their last year's sale. This makes them one of the most expensive airlines to South East Asia. I am so surprised that MAS has increased its fare so dramatically without even realising that people will switch to other airlines for a cheaper fare?! Now a Singapore Airlines ticket is about £75 cheaper (almost RM500) and Emirates £125 (RM800!)

mad.gif

23602[/snapback]

MH doesnt notice this? vice-versa...everybody run away to SQ and EK.. mad.gif

Sign in to follow this