MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Cockpit Visit

One of my friend from foreign conutry..visitted Adam Air 737-200(if not mistaken tongue.gif ) cockpit and this was his Captain..

user posted image

Now he is in ASIA for vacation.he flew airasia and visit 737-300 cockpit..here it is

user posted image

Another 2 cockpit shot..but dunno what airlines...(forgot to ask) smile.gif

user posted image

Crews quite friendly..

user posted image

I try to upload 1 short video later..never try before..the aircraft make a low fly pass..

I try to upload the video..but dont know whether it this the correct way..

He saw it and capture the action..but wondering why there's a www11aviation.com" in the video..he made it? or download from other site?! dry.gif

He sent me through MSN..so just enjoy..

heliosoa.wmv

biggrin.gif

One of my friend from foreign conutry..visitted Adam Air 737-200(if not mistaken tongue.gif ) cockpit and this was his Captain..

user posted image

Pilot where glove, is that normal blink.gif . Looks like Formula 1 driver glove! Is this pilot racing with MH 734 or GA to reach destination first.........damn, that will be a pretty bumpy ride........oh I wish someone has a video about aircraft racing in air........................just my opinion wink.gif

Pilot where glove, is that normal blink.gif .

very normal in Japan aswell....even busdrivers use them there wink.gif

usually worn by middle-aged persons so that they get better grip on controls. i was told that mostly their palms doesnt sweat enough therefore no moisture to create grip, that's why the gloves come in handy.

Gloves! Yes, gloves. That was the first thing I noticed when I was in the cockpit long ago. After the flight, engines off, gloves also off. Looks good when landing with a pair of gloves... biggrin.gif

Was on AK 50 to Macau recently. The captain left his office and went behind chatting with the cabin crews, so I took the opportunity to attempt a visit to the cockpit in-flight. The captain refused, but I was allowed in the cockpit after flight. Captain wasn't too friendly, but the Mat Salleh f/o was delighted to entertain me. So, I asked to allow me to shove the thrust levers and grip the yoke and play around with it! Being a simulator pilot, how meaningful it is to be able to give a touch on the controls! At least I feel the grip... laugh.gif Pushing the thrust levers up rang the alarm! Wrong config I was told... tongue.gif

How come, I was always told it is company regulation that no visitors in the cockpit during flight, but there are still visitors on these company flights? huh.gif

Wao..u play around with thr thrust lever ar?

When take off? laugh.gif

23137[/snapback]

Yeah... I played with the thrust levers. But actually, when the alarm rang the f/o got a shock... Probably he thought the engine was still on... laugh.gif

What you mean by "when take-off"? unsure.gif

Yeah... I played with the thrust levers. But actually, when the alarm rang the f/o got a shock... Probably he thought the engine was still on...  laugh.gif

What you mean by "when take-off"?  unsure.gif

23442[/snapback]

When take off = When are you going to take off? laugh.gif

Minchunese...a new language... rolleyes.gif

When take off = When are you going to take off?  laugh.gif

Minchunese...a new language... rolleyes.gif

23443[/snapback]

Oo... ok... Hmm... Hopefully soon... biggrin.gif

The levers are stiff! So is the yoke! huh.gif

Imran..you got me ! Introducing minchunese..laugh.gif

actually typing error lar..i thought Teoh played with thrust lever when take off laugh.gif

So Teoh why was the bell rang?

I wouldn't want to be in the plane if I were allowed to control the thrust levers during takeoff... blink.gif blink.gif Can anyone trust me...? Haha...

Oh... The alarm rang because the a/c was not in the right configuration to allow the levers half-way up; we were at parking mode... Aiks... The pilots know better!! Anyone...?

Sign in to follow this