MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

KLIA Christmas Eve & Boxing Day

Perth Customs officers ah!? hahaha don't get me started! I am harrassed EVERYTIME! Milo also cannot take! Stupid A-holes!

Anyway, Perth customs are a bunch of cocks anyway, so nevamind smile.gif

Perth Customs officers ah!?  hahaha don't get me started! I am harrassed EVERYTIME! Milo also cannot take! Stupid A-holes!

Anyway, Perth customs are a bunch of cocks anyway, so nevamind smile.gif

22242[/snapback]

This is definitely off topic ... personally I find the Customs officers at Perth to be biggest a-h's ... followed by (in order) ADL, BNE, MEL and SYD. This is coming from someone who travels regularly to those cities in Oz for the last 7 years.

So Sandeep, what did the Customs officers do to you that made you totally pissed off ... story, story lah!

Edited by Hisham Albakri

Doing what they say and giving them what they want is the worrying part for me Liam! I have this bloody bad habit of arguing with those 'with authority' especially when I find them being unreasonable in exercising their authorty
The new ones are the worst, they think they have this immense power of everyone, which is some instances they do. I've heard of countless younger officers being sent away from PER because they abuse their power. Its got to the stage in PER, where officers are now told what spotters are, what they do and generally told who were are.

I once argued with the Customs officer (quite a junior guy going by his facial looks) in your good old PER airport when I arrived for my family hols from KUL in 2001. He wanted to confiscate my Maggi instant noodles from my luggage stating that it was not allowed into Oz. I duly reminded the guy that the same stuff went through ok at MEL just a year before. His reply was, "this is Perth mate and not bloody Melbourne!" Lucky me his supervisor observed the whole heated incident between this particular Malaysian tourist (and his family) with his officer; and the supervisor duly told his officer that this particular food is ok! You should look at the guy's face ... he was pissed to the max!!!
Couldn't agree more, Customs here are in a world of their own, especially the junior ones which let the power go to their head. I had a mate who bought some biscuits back for SG, they let 3 packets through, and took 2 for themselves. The customs guys turned around and said "Hey mate, this is for coffee later!" That is shameful.

I've been harassed in PER (as well as CHC), where I was acussed about 3 or 4 times of being a drug dealer, because I had gone away with my older brother (who at the time was 19) to SIN/BKK, they couldn't comprehend a 17 year old saving his hard earned dollars for a spotting holiday. Slight "unfortunate" accident occured when I ran over one customs officers foot with a trolley containing 60kg of luggage. I won't go into details, but I too just do not like them. I feel ashamed to live in the same city as them.

Perth Customs officers ah!? hahaha don't get me started! I am harrassed EVERYTIME! Milo also cannot take! Stupid A-holes!

Anyway, Perth customs are a bunch of cocks anyway, so nevamind

But you don't have PR lah bro, that stamp in your passport is for decoration only tongue.gif laugh.gif Or join the line of middle eastern looking men, for a "random" bomb scan laugh.gif

In Australia we have don't any strict laws on people obtaining and listening to radio recievers (AKA Scanners). Once at domestic security I was questioned about it, and told it was not allowed to come through. That was the second time that day I had been through (at the time the only food outlets were through security), and the first time had no questions asked. The supervisor who was the one to question, was suddenly approached by a fairly senior guard and told "he brings it through all the time, he's no risk." The look on her face was priceless biggrin.gif

Happy New Year! Many pleasant customs experiences in 06 for all cool.gif

This is definitely off topic ... personally I find the Customs officers at Perth to be biggest a-h's ... followed by (in order) ADL, BNE, MEL and SYD. This is coming from someone who travels regularly to those cities in Oz for the last 7 years.

So Sandeep, what did the Customs officers do to you that made you totally pissed off ... story, story lah!

22269[/snapback]

My family also pissed of by PER custom officers... 'serunding' also want to confiscate!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

My family also pissed of by PER custom officers... 'serunding' also want to confiscate!!!!!! mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

22279[/snapback]

Fitri - serunding is a big NO NO! It's beef lah bro!!!

Haha......PER Customs Staff always remind me of the cruel people and the idea of an openly got-an-issue-with-my-race is prevalent!!!!

Will tell you all more later !!!!

JonKong..

Lost weight ah?! ohmy.gif Congrats man!

Btw...stylo sleeves you got there... rolleyes.gif

One of the worst things, was when my brother was coming home from Johannesburg. A girl who was in his group had a plush bear since she was quite young, and took it everywhere she went. Upon return into Perth, they noticed a "made in china" label and took it from her. She become visually upset, so they took it away into a room. They returned it to her a few minutes later with a big hole and all the stuffing removed. When asked why, they said they saw the made in china sticker and thought it may contain a banned material inside! Man, everything in this country is made in bloody china! Why would this plush bear be any different to the 30947802374097504917502497504137504 other plush bears in Australia made there! That is just racist towards the Chinese, as without them this country would not function!

Edited by Liam Gibb

Liam,

Truly, i'm gobsmacked upon hearing that. That pooor girl must be real sad. You are right, i got like 2 penguin dolls i got from Australia, and they are Made in China as well.

One thing i hate Australia is their customs, way too strict.

Jon Kong ah, so cantik lah!

I think we should have MW.com 2006 calendar and mr JK should be Miss January smile.gif ahahahhaha smile.gif

As for perth customs here is my list of complaints: ahem...

1. I always get stopped because of my appearence for the so-called 'Random' explosive test

2. I always kena questions about my trips and why I fly so frequently to which i always reply: "Because, I can", which only infuriates them more...

3. Milo cannot bring.. why ah? its Nestle what.. processed what??..but chocolate can bring lah.. gila kah?

4. They don't update their banned countries list.. last year they told me I can't bring in Milo because Malaysia has an outbreak of HFM disease... I asked where-got?, as my father is medical practicioner... then they told me the exact following: 'In the state of Thailand"...

Thailand is a state of Malaysia meh?? I thought they were negara-lain.... waahhh SAWADEE KAARRRR.. the list of infected countries they showed me didn't even have Malaysia... then I notice its printed in 1998, and the year was 2005!!! GILA-KAH?

5. They damn blur wan... just want to act all high and mighty.. their country is not the only country in the world lah.. just relax a bit and don't be so uptight..

6. My golfshoes have shrunk because they insist on washing them and wrapping them up in a plastic bag filled with soapy water... I now keep seperate pairs in Malaysia and Australia..

7. They sift through baggage with no gloves and pull out your 'flags' (i.e. underwear) in PUBLIC! HAIIII SEEEHHH!!! I dun wan the stewardess got see my underwear lahhh.. not like that anyway biggrin.gif

8. The dog always sniff my bag one. and always drool! Teach lah the dog not to drooL!

9. The asian customs officers are worst because they think they Australian Customes uniform, they qualify as mat-salleh already... chi bai to them lah!

10. They are just plain old rude! no courtesy, no professionalism, no grace and no idea watsoeva! shame on the Aussie customs..

apart from that.. Australians that don't wear uniforms of authority are quite nice albeit a little unaware of foreign common knowledge... We malaysians still dwell in trees to most of them smile.gif Liam and his mates are the odd exception smile.gif

Wahhh blink.gif Jonathan Kong Look Like A Emperor Laa With that umbrella. Muhahaha biggrin.gif More More More.. the 'Emperor' Realy A Spotter Arr... Hari Raya Pun Spotting Christmas Day Pun Spotting.. Huaaaaa!!!!

Liam,

Truly, i'm gobsmacked upon hearing that. That pooor girl must be real sad. You are right, i got like 2 penguin dolls i got from Australia, and they are Made in China as well.

One thing i hate Australia is their customs, way too strict.

22401[/snapback]

Liam, Walter, guys ...

A New South Wales Waratahs Super 12 Rugby jersey bought in Queenstown (New Zealand)'s Canterbury of NZ Shop was made in .... yes ... you guessed it ... China!

A British & Irish Lions NZ Tour 2005 Rugby jersey bought at Rebel Sports in Adelaide's Myer Centre in Rundle Mall was made in ... yes ... you guessed it ... China!

Me ... out of topic again ... as usual laugh.gif

As for perth customs here is my list of complaints: ahem...

22427[/snapback]

Urgh ... sorry for asking you Sandeep sad.gif ... you've really got some bad ones with those Ozzies!

Seems a bit wierd though ... for all the good part of the 1980s that I spent in Melbourne (plus 1 year in Adelaide) as a student ... it wasn't all that bad! Even during the last 7 or 8 odd years when I've travelled to Oz ... not too bad lah, with the exception of one or two incidences which I've shared here before.

Perhaps during the 1980s, all the unnecessary suspicion wasn't really there, and in my later years, I've always travelled with my wife and kids ... but then still no justification for the pathetic behaviour dry.gif

Liam, Walter, guys ...

A New South Wales Waratahs Super 12 Rugby jersey bought in Queenstown (New Zealand)'s Canterbury of NZ Shop was made in .... yes ... you guessed it ... China!

A British & Irish Lions NZ Tour 2005 Rugby jersey bought at Rebel Sports in Adelaide's Myer Centre in Rundle Mall was made in ... yes ... you guessed it ... China! 

Me ... out of topic again ... as usual  laugh.gif

22640[/snapback]

You were in Adelaide this year ?

You were in Adelaide this year ?

22697[/snapback]

Hi Sing Yew - it was exactly a year ago! Arrived ADL on Xmas Day 2004 and left ADL on New Year's Day 2005. You still in ADL or back in IPH (my kampung!!!) biggrin.gif

Hi Sing Yew - it was exactly a year ago! Arrived ADL on Xmas Day 2004 and left ADL on New Year's Day 2005. You still in ADL or back in IPH (my kampung!!!)  biggrin.gif

22808[/snapback]

IPH is your kampung too ? How coincidental!

Still in ADL, going back for the holidays mid-Jan.

Which uni did you study at when you were in ADL last time ?

IPH is your kampung too ? How coincidental!

Still in ADL, going back for the holidays mid-Jan.

Which uni did you study at when you were in ADL last time ?

22809[/snapback]

Back for your hols in mid Jan ... seems a bit late considering uni reopens in late Feb/early March?

I only did my Year 12/Form 6 in ADL back in 1983. It was at Norwood High (now Norwood-Morialta High I understand) in Magill. I (and a few others) stayed in Gilbert Street in the south-east corner of the city (house was infront of a pub). In 1984 onwards I transferred to MEL (where the action is biggrin.gif ) to study Civil Engineering at uni biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this