MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ja Singh

Worlds best airport named

Seoul's Incheon International Airport has been named the world's best in the annual World Airport Awards.

Incheon beat out last year's winner, Hong Kong International, which fell to second place. Singapore's Changi came third.

Australia's airports were nowhere to be seen in the top rankings, with Auckland named the best airport in the Australasia/Pacific region, coming in at number 10 over all. Brisbane and Melbourne were named the second and third best airports in the region.

Asian airports dominated the awards, with seven of the nine service awards going to airports from the region.

Skytrax CEO Edward Plaisted congratulated Incheon on winning the award, which is based on surveys conducted with 8.6 million air passengers, covering more than 190 airports worldwide.

"Incheon is an airport that has been in the global top five ranking for the World Airport Awards during the past five to six years, and it is a great achievement for them to secure this premier mark of customer satisfaction.

The survey evaluates traveller experiences across 39 different airport service and product factors - from check-in, arrivals, transfer through to departure at the gate.

WORLD'S TOP 10 AIRPORTS

1 Incheon International Airport

2 Hong Kong International Airport

3 Singapore Changi

4 Zurich

5 Munich

6 Kansai

7 Kuala Lumpur

8 Amsterdam

9 Centrair Nagoya

10 Auckland

BEST BY REGION

AFRICA

Cape Town

ASIA

Incheon Int'l

AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC

Auckland

EUROPE

Zurich

MIDDLE EAST

Tel Aviv

NORTH AMERICA

Dallas/Fort Worth

SOUTH AMERICA

Lima

CENTRAL AMERICA

Panama

BEST IN CATEGORY

BEST DUTY FREE SHOPPING

Dubai

EASIEST INTERNATIONAL TRANSIT AIRPORT

Incheon International

BEST AIRPORT DINING

Hong Kong

BEST SECURITY PROCESSING

Incheon International

CLEANEST AIRPORT WASHROOMS

Kansai

BEST TERMINAL CLEANLINESS

Incheon International

BEST BAGGAGE DELIVERY

Helsinki

BEST LEISURE AMENITIES

Singapore

BEST IMMIGRATION SERVICE

Kuala Lumpur

WORLD'S TOP 10 AIRPORTS

1 Incheon International Airport

2 Hong Kong International Airport

3 Singapore Changi

4 Zurich

5 Munich

6 Kansai

7 Kuala Lumpur

8 Amsterdam

9 Centrair Nagoya

10 Auckland

Good list, been to all except Kansai & Nagoya. :D

Best Immigration Service

Surely that doesn't include LCCT...?

The new immigration facility is excellent.

I thought it's about the best name given to an airport. :p

Speaking of immigration not sure if this still happens. I used to travel BKI - KUL using MH last time and most of the time I choose wide bodies i.e. T7 NRT - BKI - KUL. The plane would dock at the satellite building and as we all rush to the immigration counters there is no specific lines for traveler from BKI. We don't need passport and sometimes you just have to ask which counter to use. Maybe this issue is unique but quite cumbersome if you happens to frequent these flights. :(

I thought it's about the best name given to an airport. :p

Speaking of immigration not sure if this still happens. I used to travel BKI - KUL using MH last time and most of the time I choose wide bodies i.e. T7 NRT - BKI - KUL. The plane would dock at the satellite building and as we all rush to the immigration counters there is no specific lines for traveler from BKI. We don't need passport and sometimes you just have to ask which counter to use. Maybe this issue is unique but quite cumbersome if you happens to frequent these flights. :(

You are now directed to the crew counter (can't recall number) if you are from a domestic destination. There is a sign that indicates the counter when you reach immigration.

You are now directed to the crew counter (can't recall number) if you are from a domestic destination. There is a sign that indicates the counter when you reach immigration.

Thanks for the info. Might be traveling soon.

Congratulation to KUL for managed to defend the title of World's Best Immigration Service, it first won last year. I think the category of 'Airport Staff Friendliness' where KUL finished 3rd best in the world last year was dropped in this year's survey.

I always had the impression that MAHB is not doing things to the fullest, and yet KUL still managed to get into various top 10 best of the best lists. Imagine how good KUL and other Malaysian airports under its management will become if MAHB can at least get their act together and move a little bit faster.

CLEANEST AIRPORT WASHROOMS

Kansai

BEST TERMINAL CLEANLINESS

Incheon International

Cleanest viewing window? Most comfortable chair? :pardon:

:drinks:

PRETTIEST TOILET

Ngurah Rai International Bali (model not included)

20070920-IMG_3842.JPG

Edited by Naim

Model: Something weird is happening behind me... *spine chill*

Back to topic, I kinda like the toilets in new Changi terminal. :D

Best spotters friendly?

Best spotter friendly is in holland.

Best toilets in changi T3 as pointed out.But the ones in incheonm, the toilet seat rotates to change paper once you seat on them, but still cannot beat changi T3.

Congratulations to all Koreans....to me ICN is the most modern and best international airport i ever been :rolleyes:

Kenneth how do your rate it against changi T3? Has it a more cosy and plesant enviroment than changi or is is more like KLIA cold,loid blarring annnoucements

but modern?

Edited by jadivindra

Best spotter friendly is in holland.

Terima kasih :pardon:

I always like to spot @ ZRH, hence my regular ZRH A.net meeting-visits :good:

Traffic-wise, I should give the MOW (SVO/VKO/DME) airports a try...

Terima kasih :pardon:

I always like to spot @ ZRH, hence my regular ZRH A.net meeting-visits :good:

Traffic-wise, I should give the MOW (SVO/VKO/DME) airports a try...

Also St Marten Maho beach in holland, where a/c wizezs inches over you!

Did they've a category airport with serious problem of theft of passengers' belongings....where thieves are smartly-dressed and work in syndicates or high-profile multi-million dollar robbery last year.

er..st maarten is not in holland - its in the caribbean la!

azizul - i agree...while MAHB sits on their lazy asses they still manage to scrape through a top 10. i don't know why they can't take any lessons from NEARBY singapore and put it into practise in KLIA. what is the difficulty? its not like their top officials don't travel overseas, right?

imagine - if they worked a bit harder...we might continually be in the top 3. mind you, we have always been top 5 ...KLIA is definitely on its downward slide.

Zurich is a lovely airport - very classy, clean and user friendly. also very nice cold coffee drinks from the vending machines!!

er..st maarten is not in holland - its in the caribbean la!

azizul - i agree...while MAHB sits on their lazy asses they still manage to scrape through a top 10. i don't know why they can't take any lessons from NEARBY singapore and put it into practise in KLIA. what is the difficulty? its not like their top officials don't travel overseas, right?

imagine - if they worked a bit harder...we might continually be in the top 3. mind you, we have always been top 5 ...KLIA is definitely on its downward slide.

Zurich is a lovely airport - very classy, clean and user friendly. also very nice cold coffee drinks from the vending machines!!

Opps sorry bout St martens. THought it is in holland.Silly me.

Best airport touts and best taxi harrasment and loud blarring announcements plus old CRT displays, award goes to our faithful.....

Why not turn the observation hill into a anjung tinjau, worlds first viewing galley which is away from the airport with starbucks or something, minus stalls and rats tho.

Opps sorry bout St martens. THought it is in holland.Silly me.

Sint Maarten is as much part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, as Holland is; Holland is often mistaken for the Netherlands, but this is only the western 2 provinces (Noord-Holland & Zuid-Holland) of the country.

SXM is, indeed, in the Caribbean, like the other 5 (autonomous) islands there: CUR, AUA, BON, STT, and Saba (no, not Sabah :pardon: )

Sign in to follow this