MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alan B.

London and back on Emirates for only RM1,300!

FYI Emirates is offering London (Heathrow or Gatwick) for only RM1,300 return plus airport tax. Available from now till 30 Nov 2009. Ticket valid for 3 months, advance purchase at least 48 hours, no refund or change of date. This offer will be advertised in The Star on Monday.

Must leave on the 7pm flight ex-KUL connecting in DXB for 2am flight to LHR/LGW. Return ex-LHR on A380.

i need to book this tickets for my parents to come over to my convo.. will this be booked through travel agent? or EK's website?

Not sure if loaded on-line but this was told to me by the Emirates sales personnel. Try travel agent or Emirates KL office.

Is there a minimum stay requirement, or can one do a turnaround (just for the fun of it)?

Not sure.

Edited by Alan B.

i need to book this tickets for my parents to come over to my convo.. will this be booked through travel agent? or EK's website?

Y C Leong, u mean u want to book LHR-DXB-KUL-DXB-LHR?

From my understanding... this offer is ex-KUL. Meaning KUL-DXB-LHR-DXB-KUL.

Correct me if I am wrong. THANK YOU!

:drinks:

Y C Leong, u mean u want to book LHR-DXB-KUL-DXB-LHR?

From my understanding... this offer is ex-KUL. Meaning KUL-DXB-LHR-DXB-KUL.

Correct me if I am wrong. THANK YOU!

:drinks:

from what i understand he is in uk and want to book tickets for his parents to come over from kul.

from what i understand he is in uk and want to book tickets for his parents to come over from kul.

yup you are right fendy.. i am in uk and wanting to book flights for my parent to come over..

hence, it is kul-dxb-lhr-dxb-kul

It seems that the cheapest fare for KUL-DXB-LHR-DXB-KUL on www.emirates.com at the moment is MYR 1,647 all in (return ticket inclusive of taxes). Go get that ticket fast! If I were made to choose this flight or D7's KUL-STN-KUL, with this kind of price, I would choose EK hands down.

It seems that the cheapest fare for KUL-DXB-LHR-DXB-KUL on www.emirates.com at the moment is MYR 1,647 all in (return ticket inclusive of taxes). Go get that ticket fast! If I were made to choose this flight or D7's KUL-STN-KUL, with this kind of price, I would choose EK hands down.

So it's available online too. Ya Azizul, EK better value hands down! Plus get to fly the A380!

A bit OT. Do I need visa to UK?

No need. Eligible Malaysian passport holders will be issued a free 6 month social visit visa upon arrival at the UK entry points. That's why there were so much fuss arose after the British Government planned to review its visa requirement towards Malaysians. Search through the Golden Lounge subforum, there are at least 2 threads discussing it. Some related threads in General Aviation also discussing the matter as well, like the Travellers Behaviour's thread.

Thanks MAR. Now seriously, anyone wants to do a spotting trip to LHR?

Additional info..... EK also offering KUL/DXB/KUL for around RM1,000 before tax.

That's what i call deal of the century....a breakthrough in aviation pricing history....

Yea, hopefully airlines will continue to offer low fares... provided they don't go bankrupt or reduce their quality too much

Extremely good deal !!! :yahoo: :good:

The cheapest I could find on QR is 1647MYR...moreover, DXB Airport far-and-far better then DOH, regarding facilities and tax-free shopping prices !!!

and.......as said before, you're able to fly the 'Whale'... :pardon:

good deal.. cheapest i could find from emirates.com.my is around rm1750 rtn in november.. very good price.. going to lgw is even cheaper rm1627.. but as i am living just 20mins drive from lhr, i guess lhr will do for my parent.. ;) gonna make the booking on monday..

The cheapest I could find on QR is 1647MYR...

Uncle Pieter,

Any 'valid until 30 Nov' restriction on the QR fare ?

A bit OT. Do I need visa to UK?

Check all the immigration requirements for travel here,

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/...rt/default.aspx

even we at the check-in counter are using this.

For D7 Stansted flight, Malaysian passport to UK doesn't need a visa but must have a return ticket.

Edited by Adrian M

Uncle Pieter,

Any 'valid until 30 Nov' restriction on the QR fare ?

Nope, just did some random checks (2 weeks travel per month) up to Feb2010...

Don't know about EK inflight service (only flew them once SIN-CGK and had a bad experience) comparing to QR, but, as said before, DXB airport is far more superior than DOH airport... :pardon:

Advertisement in NST page 39 today...

KUL-LHR-KUL @ RM1300... without insurance, tips & taxes... :blink:

Anyway... a check in EK's website... managed to get RM1261 excl tax for KUL-LHR-KUL for next month... (RM1647 all-in)

weee... choice of 773 or 380... :lol:

For D7 Stansted flight, Malaysian passport to UK doesn't need a visa but must have a return ticket.

We passed STN border ppl twice in last 2 weeks - very painless. Young-ish ppl traveling alone would interest them more. Always the case everywhere. But at Malaga last night, the Spanish guy took a long time inspecting our passports - shone it with UV many times, consulted his mate some more. Maybe a newbie, like the bloke at the Gibraltar border. :)

just booked a flight for me parent.. departing EK347 on 20th nov rtn 1st dec from LHR arriving in KUL 2nd dec..

2 people, RM3458

bargain... 30KG allowance too.. so i can ask them to take some of my stuff back for me.. only down side is longer transit in DXB and it is night time (4-6 hrs), so they cant leave the airport to venture around DXB...

the only thing now is i can reserve their seats on the way back LHR-DXB-KUL but not KUL-DXB-LHR... haih.. emirates system dont know why still doesnt allow seat reservation on EK347 and EK7

my dad did say if possible put him on A380 (not that hes an airline spotter or enthusiast) but too bad no option for A380 on those dates..

Sign in to follow this