MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
N Azman

Airasia!. Compensation for delay, or rather the lack of it.

I was delayed on my AK flight the other day. total delay time is 2 hours and 10 minutes. No early SMS notices, we were only notified of the delay 10 minutes before the "scheduled" departure time. When some kiasu fellas have already queued up at the door.

I should be getting RM200 of compensation for the delay right? more than 2 hours ma...

I inquired some sort of "Manager" in charge at the gate area. I found a tall strapping indian fella, who looks like he's got a clue. He happily told me "No worries sir! You'll get compensated for sure! all you need to do is go to WWW.ONTIMEGUARANTEEAIRASIA.COM ... W - W - W..DOT...O..N....T...I..M..." well you get my drift.

"And then sir, you go to that website, enter your details, then you'll get the voucher straight away..."

So I sat down lah, grumble grumble...and spent another 2 hours trying to log in to the non-existent LCCT wi-fi connection.

OK. The website doesnt exist. blardy hell that fella. at least he looked good in pretending he knows his s#1t. fair enough. Airasia claimed that we automatically get sent the voucher via email within 3 days of delayed flight. Now, its already a week. Nothing yet. blarrdy hell again those fellas....

Now here's my inquiry for any airasia fellas here...

1) The website doesnt exist!!! wtf?? Did i press the wrong keys? Do I need to type IDDQD, IDKFA, and then use my joypad to point left-right-left-left-right before getting the right webpage?

2) Has ANYONE EVER received compensation for delayed flights?

3) Are they going to pusing the story, and say my flight is "1 hour 59 minutes delayed only...because, we actually managed to fuel up the aircraft on the 119th minute of the delay and that does not constitute a delay anymore"

4) I give up...yes yes pay low fares, get low class treatment lar i suppose....sigh.

Any Airasia fellas here have any emails i can contact to get my voucher? Thanks a lot.

Maybe you might want to send an email with your name, flight details (flt no, date, time of dep) and booking reference no to ontimeguarantee@airasia.com .

Saw that on a Chinese forum, haven't personally tried before.

7. How do guests claim for this compensation?

All eligible guests affected by such a delay will receive their AirAsia E-Gift Voucher within three (03) working days of the delayed flight via email. Therefore, please ensure that their email details are correct at the time of booking.

http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page.jsp...bb9100-12844172

I've read some blogs online that some ppl managed to get the OTG. Anyway, when was this happened? Has it been 3 days since? It used to have a claim form, but you are right, there is no more claim form. I believe the email ontimeguarantee@airasia.com might be your next move. And the next move is calling their call centre (call after 15th February, which is after they have migrated to a new call centre system)

Thanks for the reply guys,

Foo,

Thanks for the tip! have emailed that address and I'll update if i received any favourable replies.

Azri,

Yes, its been 6 days now. Dont mind waiting, but Im flying off somewhere again and would wanna use the compensation ASAP for that flight.

Pall,

What proper channel? Many channels were given (email, false website, fill up inquiry form at airasia.com) and all are followed and still nothing.

As for me...

My bro faced the same prob...a delayed flight (more than 2 hrs) from WMKL - WMKK

mail sent to ak re above (not sure which mail id, should be the general wan)

Voucher was sent within apprx 1 week of incident...

Maybe ur mail should be more precise on your request...(my 2 cent thought)

Regards

i see. if 1 week is their normal reaction time then i shall wait a few more days. as of today, nothing yet.

As for the precise-ness of my mail, i really dont think I can be more precise. indicated every little info i can find, attached my ticket, etc etc. Short of sending a video recording of my delayed flight, i dont think i can do anything more, email wise. AND, ive sent the info and inquiry to 3 different emails and not a single reply yet.

maybe the next step is to deal with the callcenter, but seriously, my experiences with them have been very poor. clueless operators complimented by a 30-45 minute wait listening to airasia deals on repeat.

After much haggling, I have received the cash vouchers! :) better late than never!

Why did you have to haggle?

Did they try and claim the flight wasn't delayed?

my parents were delayed in BDG for 2hours but its said that no compnsation because below 4hours <_<

Why did you have to haggle?

Did they try and claim the flight wasn't delayed?

More like nobody has a clue of the status of the flight...and whether or not I should receive the dough. Oh well. Guess they found out eventually.

Yohan,

More than 2 hours should get the money already ler....maybe they should do some haggling. :)

Sign in to follow this