MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robin

How many ATR with MASWings now?

Sabah, Sarawak to get second ATR-72 aircraft

TOULOUSE, France: MASwings is on track in its effort to expand air accessibility and make air travel more comfortable in Sabah and Sarawak with the delivery of the environmentally friendly ATR-72 aircraft during a brief ceremony in chilly weather at ATR headquarters here yesterday.

The 68-seater ATR-72, which costs US$18.3 million, was received by MASwings managing director Mohd Salleh Ahmad Tabrani in the presence of Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun and Sabah Tourism chairman Datuk Tengku Zainal Adlin and top executives of ATR.

It takes off today for the flight to Subang, Kuala Lumpur but is only expected to arrive on Monday after stopping over at four places.

The remaining five units of ATR-72 are scheduled to be delivered within this year to replace the aging 50-seater Fokker 50 for short domestic routes.

The turboprop ATR-72 aircraft is optimised for routes that are under 700 km or three and a half hours and is reputed to be the most fuel efficient aircraft in the world, consuming less than half the fuel used by most other aircraft.

Masidi thanked MASwings for acquiring ATR-72 to boost air accessibility and tourism in Sabah.

He said MASwings made the right decision in choosing ATR-72 not only because it is consuming less fuel, but also producing less noise.

According to Mohd Salleh, besides Sabah and Sarawak, MASwings plans to spread its wings in the future to regional routes like southern Philippines and Indonesia to further promote tourism and business that would benefit the two East Malaysian states.

He said MASwings has made a remarkable achievement in passenger load performance, hitting its first million mark last month in less than a year of the launch of its operation in August last year.

He believed the high performance and reliable ATR-72 aircraft would vastly improve MASwings service in Sabah and Sarawak.

ATR media relations manager David Vargas said there are currently 188 units of ATR-72 in operation in Asia Pacific with 35 operators including in Australia.

from Borneo Post

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Curious to know the necessity for Datuk Masidi and Tengku to have this do for MWB at Toulouse; when MWA had already been so extensively welcomed at Kuching and the aircraft type already hard at work here :rolleyes:

MWB in BKI Mas Hanger now,

today just park outside the hanger,

on 20th will doing proving flight to Mulu,

on 19th Night aircraft will be in MYY.if no last minute change...

Start on 29th will serving to sarawak sector...

morning - myy-lbu-myy-mzv-myy-lbu-myy

afternoon - myy-sbw-btu-bki-sdk-bki-myy

Edited by Loke

Start on 29th will serving to sarawak sector...

morning - myy-lbu-myy-mzv-myy-lbu-myy

afternoon - myy-sbw-btu-bki-sdk-bki-myy

Hmm,-MWB at SBW on 29th :rolleyes: Will try my luck on that day.

Thanks for the information,Loke.Please,do inform us if there any last-minute changes.

Oh no,March 30th :blink:

Too bad couldn't make it :sorry: Hope someone else get that a/c,and post it on SBW spotting thread.

Tak aci lar...alang-alang sampai SBW jer...fly lar to KCH!!!

Not fair, only until SBW?? Fly all the way to KCH pls!!!

Good for SBW and BKI spotters...can't wait for MWB or A to stip by in KCH.....

Tak aci lar...alang-alang sampai SBW jer...fly lar to KCH!!!

Not fair, only until SBW?? Fly all the way to KCH pls!!!

Good for SBW and BKI spotters...can't wait for MWB or A to stip by in KCH.....

Be patient,Kenneth..Who knows by a stroke of luck,MWB will visiting KCH someday?

After waiting for a long time,at last the ATR is visiting SBW,and it's a brand-new a/c..definately a birthday present for me! :yahoo:

OMG,After checking the MASwings website,my younger brother is boarding his LBU-MYY-SBW flight (Apr 20th) onboard ATR72-500! :yahoo:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

patient....Kenneth maybe after MWC arrive than only will fly to KCH,

and maybe will have a great news for KCH spotters soon.....

cant tell u all cos still not confirm yet...

MWA and MWB will rotate base cos the maintenance is bki...

if next time inside my flight just let me know, haha...

patient....Kenneth maybe after MWC arrive than only will fly to KCH,

and maybe will have a great news for KCH spotters soon.....

cant tell u all cos still not confirm yet...

MWA and MWB will rotate base cos the maintenance is bki...

if next time inside my flight just let me know, haha...

You're working with MH ATR?

Waiping,thanks for the photo of Whiskey Bravo! Looking forward to see her visiting SBW on Apr 20th (hopefully) :rolleyes:

I saw two ATR 72 at KKIA T1 last nite....the staff are testing d engines with cabin light on before it was towed to the hangar.....

affirm Sir...

MasWings pilot on board M'Wings :drinks: Post more picture of your office please,thanks you..