MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Question about MH 333's Biz class PMP

I know that MH's 333 biz class pax get a portable PMP to entertain themselves on longer flights, and also happen to know the particular equipment is 8” portable eVU™ from e.Digital.

Here are what I'm curious to know:

How much these cost each? If they happen to be abducted off the a/c can the system be used repeatedly? And are those available en masse (i.e. get to pick one from, say, Low Yat)?

If I'm not mistaken, there's an SD slot and also a USB port. I have no idea if you'll be able to update the movies on your own or even charge it if you happen to offload it.

Btw, don't bring it down la, the Chief has to fork out his/her own money to pay back for the missing PMP's. And I heard it's not that cheap either!

Nah...I have no intention of bringing them off the a/c... :p :P :p

But...the chiefsdo have to pay for those gone missing...!? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Edited by Y. J. Foo

Yeap, the Chief has to pay. Quite a pity since it's not their fault. That is why halfway during flight, if you decide to sleep they'll sometimes collect the PMP from you. Have heard stories of PMP's being offloaded so many times.

Please note I am not accusing anyone but a reminder, call it "offloading" or just a souvenir it is still STEALING! Blankets, pillow etc are on the plane for everyone. Every time someone "offloads" things it adds to the cost of the airline who will pass the cost back to the passengers with higher fares.

Taking lifejackets could mean life or death to some in an emergency. Think about it!

Edited by Alan B.

Please note I am not accusing anyone but a reminder, call it "offloading" or just a souvenir it is still STEALING! Blankets, pillow etc are on the plane for everyone. Every time someone "offloads" things it adds to the cost of the airline who will pass the cost back to the passengers with higher fares.

Taking lifejackets could mean life or death to some in an emergency. Think about it!

OMG. Rasa bersalah already. Now where are the pillows and blankets...........

Totally agreed. But ; charging excessive fares and surcharges whilist reducing product offerings is " C H E A T I N G" ! Including: -

Local business fares are up and meals reduced from hot savories to just cold sandwiches;

Downgrading from 772 / 744 flights to A332 / A333 ; happened to me on Club ticket! The club seats differs tremendously!;

Doesn't the above are similar to "stealing" from passengers?

Totally agreed. But ; charging excessive fares and surcharges whilist reducing product offerings is " C H E A T I N G" ! Including: -

Local business fares are up and meals reduced from hot savories to just cold sandwiches;

Downgrading from 772 / 744 flights to A332 / A333 ; happened to me on Club ticket! The club seats differs tremendously!;

Doesn't the above are similar to "stealing" from passengers?

so you say it is justified to steal airline property on the basis that they downgraded equipment? its not cheating man, they after all got you from A to B.

BA introduced new cutlery months before discontinued LHR/KUL and reported LHR/KUL sector had the highest missing cutlery (about 10%).

:drinks:

so you say it is justified to steal airline property on the basis that they downgraded equipment? its not cheating man, they after all got you from A to B.

Please note that I have never justified that stealing is okay. And for some people , paying extra is not just merely getting from one point to another; but to ensure that the journey itself is part and parcel of the holiday / business ! ;

Even if an aircraft is downgraded for any reasons or whatsoever, some token of compensation by means of Frequent Flyer Points or vouchers would be more appreciated. After all, it's about preserving values and duty of care as contractually entrusted.

remembered seeing on TV in China, a bloke was arrested and shown all over Chinese tv for stealing life jackets from the aircraft he sat on.

also on the other side there are airline crews who offloads stuffs too,

pilferage is part of business loss.

Sign in to follow this