MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

Mini-Mwings meet at ZRH

SNOW!!

minus 8 degrees this morning... nevermind, hentam! (pieter: just whack!)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

TK/pieter - you missed this by a few days!

Wahh.. Thank Azman. smile.gif Some of it is my first time see the livery and airlines biggrin.gif Swiss Air look realy clean like the snow.

oh my....going there again...next month!!!! blink.gif

if i spot, sooner or later, i the one will be the snow man!!

Nice one bro....Hentam laugh.gif

Azman:

The last batch especially Tunisian and S.African ones are excellent subjects for "Airliner and Landscape" theme. So suitable for monthly calendar "winter season" too.

in actual fact, i never see a DIRTY swiss....

Agree with you Denny...

Hope to meet you someday...

For everyone's info, I'll be in Japan between 12/29/2005 - 1/2/2006 around Narita area. Tempeted to visit HND's old T2 (1st anniversary). Welcome any MW members too.

after 10am, I went to get some groceries at the Carrefour nearby (as per my wife's orders - must compromise between spotting and chores maa....) and then I went to the helligrill at 11.00am. No need to rush home to put the frozen chicken into the freezer... it is cold enough outside and the sky still looks brilliant!

user posted image

user posted image

nice livery for the snow...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

then some snow clouds started moving in and the sky turned grey... game over...

a bit grey here but check out the wing flex:

user posted image

Anyway, wanted to share some other pics with you:

ZRH is spotter friendly- note the tour bus and spectators from the hourly airport tour to the right of the front wheel of this SQ... that's really close to the action!!

user posted image

Rnwy 16 - look at the alps in the background! In the early morning, final approach means flying towards the mountains and then turning back to land on runway 34. Great view!

user posted image

Nice Pic.. And Wow!!!! blink.gif Lot of Intresting Airlines & Aircraft there, Great.. Scenery.

P.S : Last Pic there are Another Spotter there ???

Problems taking pictures in ZRH...???? mad.gif

user posted image

Then they made this............. rolleyes.gif

user posted image

Terrace from Pier B...buy a ticket, security check with x-ray machines...

we will have this...

user posted image

I brought her into ZRH....someone else has to bring her Back...bye.. wink.gif

user posted image

Spotting in ZRH is fun........it never ends... smile.gif

They Thinking About Spotters too.. Great !!! OMG someone steal you machine !!!! wacko.gif

Azman,

Canon really a "snow camera".... your winter pix really come out great. biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing them with us...

More please rolleyes.gif

TK, those "facilities" on the fence are really spotter friendly

should bring it up to our authorities here

and see them faint laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Norman

Azman, TK,

Really nice series of pictures (whether by Canon or Nikon tongue.gif )

Really like the one of the 340 taking off from 16, with the Alps in the background...quite smokey engines, though...

Just love that airport; although Schiphol is also spotters-friendly (Kandiah can confirm that), we don't have these bus/platform tours, like they have in Switzerland...

Ibrahim,

some of the regular spotters were there, 5 of them with canon+white lens and they even brought their own ladder to shoot over the fence. There were more than 20 cars that morning at the helligrill because Saturday+snow+sun...

There was a guy from Cambodia who came to shoot the Thai 346 specifically but was disappointed because by that time, the weather was not very good anymore. There was even a French Ah Moi with a Minolta 5D and Bazooka (Bigma)!

Walter - most of the de-icing action takes place behind the E-dock. Maybe if they open the E terrace in winter as well then we can shoot some...

Canon really a "snow camera".... your winter pix really come out great. biggrin.gif

I think the mode used was Canon's Parameter 1 (more vivid color capture, sharper images) as most users prefer. Parameter 1 is based on Canon's inhouse R&D that explored the convergence of color distortion/absorption, compounds used in the lenses, CMOS specs. well documented in review circles especially if you want to capture color vibrancy.

The white lenses are probably EF28-300 F3.5-5.6L IS USM or 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM (both costs more than 20D body). Non-spotters usually use EF70-200 F4L USM (about 1/2 of 20D's price). The ultimate one is EF400 F2.8L IS USM (you can get 4 1/2 20Ds for that price), used by bird spotters/wildilfe because of its ultra-quiet mechanism notwithstanding its length.

Spotting a beard eh Pieter !!!! Christmas look !!!!

tongue.gif

Kandiah,

not really a beard, just a small moustache and goatee laugh.gif laugh.gif

makes me look more "sofisticated" don't you think ??? biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this