MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

First Indo Air Asia A320

PK-AXA left Hamburg-Finkenwerder Airport in the afternoon of 9 September 2008 on a ferry flight to Toulouse. It was still wearing its test registration F-WWIG. Attached herewith is a hastily-processed image of it departing for the ferry flight, and from a local spotter, the test registration will be removed on arrival in Toulouse and the aircraft will undergo final preparations for handover to Indonesia AirAsia and of course it delivery flight.

mw-F-WWIG-2008-09-09-01Cr-PK-AXA-TX.jpg

KC Sim

Hmm.. all but one windows have its shutters pulled down.... protecting the plush leather seats from the sun?

Edited by Yusoff

I just got some info from AK HQ...next coming new airbus 9M-AHQ will be using special livery..from the info i got....this time livery will be sponsorred by Bank Rakyat & the color will be like B733 "TimeCel" livery...

What Bank Rakyat need to do with AK??Or this 9M-AHQ we will see same like RapdKL bus with advert on the bus body?? Emm Bank Rakyat has lot of money to spend on this advert..

LCCT is becoming Puduraya with all this planes parking! Should be wonderful sight~!

Hehehehe..Soon will be loooooOOOOOnngg waiting queue to go inside terminal and long bumper to bumper crow soon at KLIA same like at Puduraya..hehehehe..

Yes, whenever I land with the last flight for the day, I enjoy walking among the rows of planes. Awesome sight! :)

Dr Naim any picture to share??

The big one....

Purchased on board for RM99.00

1:100 if I am not mistaken!

Bad and unlucky to me cant the MAN U livery..9M-AFC..

Any way any latest news from 9M-AFC..its still MAN U livery or repaint to AK normal livery..Since we all know that AirAsia no longer contact with MAN U team now..

For all above, sorry lari from main topic..

Happy Sunday gentleman..

Any way any latest news from 9M-AFC..its still MAN U livery or repaint to AK normal livery..Since we all know that AirAsia no longer contact with MAN U team now..

I think should be soon, 9M-AFC was parked outside the hangar since yesterday i think.

Where can take pics on ramp nowadays, bro?

Ohh really..Honestly, I dont know it something we CANT do while we walking on ramp :sorry: :sorry: ..I never use/dont have any opportunity to fly with AirAsia since AK operate at LCCT..

Because sometime (less than a year I guess) I saw nice AK pictures at ramp during night time at LCCT on a.net..

As i know now AHA to AHO...if i'm not mistaken AHO they just received last month...

So, I got myself a brand new airplane laaa.....

Lkawi290808087resize.jpg

Where can take pics on ramp nowadays, bro?

One can always try :rolleyes: @ Langkawi

Lkawi290808191resize.jpg

Not allowed to take photos in all MAB airports i think. Tawau i got stopped, LCCT needless to say.

@KL LCCT

Lkawi290808104resize.jpg

Emm Mr. Mokhzani, are you as AirAsia passenger or as AK staff while you taking all the pictures??

I confuse now is allow or not..I think you can do so but no lebih2 lah kut..

Thanks for the pictures

Ohh really..Honestly, I dont know it something we CANT do while we walking on ramp :sorry: :sorry: ..I never use/dont have any opportunity to fly with AirAsia since AK operate at LCCT..

Because sometime (less than a year I guess) I saw nice AK pictures at ramp during night time at LCCT on a.net..

if i get what you mean correctly, the one/gang who take the night ramp pictures got permission by someone, so they can take picture on ramp and at night some more. try look further back of Observation Hill sub-forum or under the spotting achieve sub-sub-forum?

btw, you are not allowed to take any picture when you on ramp, ordered by MAB/MAHB (dunno which one...); of course, once in a blue moon you will able to take one or two shots. (IMHO, before take picture check right and left, see whether got any ground crew/security personnel nearby you or not; second, DON'T stop walking when taking picture, AT LEAST walk slowly, don't block others way will be better. :pardon: )

you will be our second Kenneth T bro, never on RED AK before. :rofl:

if i get what you mean correctly, the one/gang who take the night ramp pictures got permission by someone, so they can take picture on ramp and at night some more. try look further back of Observation Hill sub-forum or under the spotting achieve sub-sub-forum?

btw, you are not allowed to take any picture when you on ramp, ordered by MAB/MAHB (dunno which one...); of course, once in a blue moon you will able to take one or two shots. (IMHO, before take picture check right and left, see whether got any ground crew/security personnel nearby you or not; second, DON'T stop walking when taking picture, AT LEAST walk slowly, don't block others way will be better. :pardon: )

you will be our second Kenneth T bro, never on RED AK before. :rofl:

Wow Thanks Sam for the info..I never know this rule before..Now I know it something we cant do when walk to plane..curi-curi with compact digital camera sound ok but i believe if use DSLR kantoi terang2..hehehehe :D :D

It does not mean I dont and dislike AK so much..for past 3 years i study at Sarawak, only once round trip I use AK flight and rest all MH..Reasons, fare almost same, get extra luggage weight, hot in flight food (during that time) and most best thing is WIDE BODY plane, I flew with B777, A332 and A333 most of the time..

No Ashmil, you can't. I'm a passenger, not a staff. But pandai-pandai laaa..... :rolleyes:

Look at this photo, no, not the plane, the signage there.... <_<

Lkawi290808080resize.jpg

BTW I use a DsLR, hanging around my neck, and snap away laaaa.......

No Ashmil, you can't. I'm a passenger, not a staff. But pandai-pandai laaa..... :rolleyes:

Look at this photo, no, not the plane, the signage there.... <_>

Lkawi290808080resize.jpg

BTW I use a DsLR, hanging around my neck, and snap away laaaa.......

Emm Nice picture :good:..I like it :clapping: ..I never know and aware the singage before because I never use LCCT till today.. emm maybe one day I'll try it because I never fly with A320..hehehehe.. :lol: :lol:

September 18, 2008 14:17 PM

AirAsia Takes Delivery Of Its 50th A320 Aircraft

KUALA LUMPUR, Sep 18 (Bernama) -- AirAsia has received its 50th new A320 aircraft from Airbus and it will be operated out of Jakarta by AirAsia Indonesia as part of the growing route network.

In a statement, Airbus said the A320s are steadily replacing AirAsia's Boeing 737 fleet across its network, currently covering Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.

It said for AirAsia's Indonesian operation, the aircraft would initially be operated on the Jakarta to Batam, Padang, Balikpapan and Denpasar routes.

Altogether, AirAsia has placed orders for 175 aircraft for use by airlines within the group, making it one of the largest customers in the world for Airbus' best selling single aisle product line.

"We are also delighted to see this partnership between our two companies expand with the addition of a new A320 base in Jakarta," said Airbus chief operating officer, John Leahy.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=359878

Sign in to follow this