MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rahim Rani

Animals On The Runway...

Guest Rahim Rani

Today 8th Sept 2008, I just came back from Kota Kinabalu by MH 2601...after landing in Labuan, during the plane made the U-turn, I saw several dogs playing at the end of the runway. Then I wonder, what will happened if the dogs play at the center of the runway during the flight landing...what will happen to the dogs? (sure die la if not run-away)...any precautions that the captain of the aircraft shud take after he/she saw animals on the runway?

The dogs could be sucked into the enngine...and become "daging cincang".... :rolleyes: serve raw on the runway some more... :good:

usually the MAB patrol will chase them away if pilots noticed animals on the runway/taxiway ( for take off )...i experienced this once last year at SDK..but i'm pretty sure the loud engine noise will make them run away right? unless the animals willing to end up as daging cincang@mince meat..hehehe

A few years ago I was about to land on runway 20 MYY when the lady ATC told me to go-around. After stabilized I asked her why, and she said, dog on runway.

We will go around, or abort the takeoff, if the animal is seen early enough. Otherwise, bye-bye dog or whatever.

How come the dogs are able to sneak into the compound?

there must be a hole some where.... :pardon:

sometime i really jealous looking at those dog.... how I wish I can go into the compound :rofl:

there must be a hole some where.... :pardon:

sometime i really jealous looking at those dog.... how I wish I can go into the compound :rofl:

Lee, remember the two dogs we saw roaming near gate 4.. having all the tarmac to themselves haha

Lee, remember the two dogs we saw roaming near gate 4.. having all the tarmac to themselves haha

one night enough for me :yahoo:

How come the dogs are able to sneak into the compound?

I wonder too...... Now if a dog can sneak in (assuming from a hole in the fencing), then a person can as well!!

OT, but personally encountered a dog that was crossing the PLUS highway, just after the notorious toll gate near Ipoh. I was on my way back from Penang to KL. Luckily I managed to brake in time to avoid hitting it. It was a very hard brake with tyres screeching! I wouldn't want to run over any animals on any road.

Remember the bend wiper on the 737 in my Christmas Island Chronicle in Flight Log?,

Well after V1, a big bird (seagull?) thought her mate was coming at her and kissed the

windscreen... thoommbhh!... At safe altitude after checking everything was normal,

Capt Ben radio back to airport reporting a 'broken-hearted' bird (carcass) lying on the runway.. :pardon:

still related to the topic.

DSC07415-1.jpg

BTU

CopyofDSC08063.jpg

SDK

Dog strike, seagull strike. This time skunk strike!

http://avherald.com/h?article=40c70f36&opt=0

Westjet B73G skunk strike at Halifax

By Simon Hradecky, created Monday, Sep 8th 2008 18:20Z, last updated Monday, Sep 8th 2008 18:20Z

A Westjet Airlines Boeing 737-700, registration C-FWSX performing flight WS682 from Toronto,ON to Halifax,NS (Canada), landed on Halifax's runway 14, when it hit a skunk.

After the crew reported the "skunk hit", the airport manager went to the site but found, he didn't have the proper equipment to remove the (stinky) animal. The airport fire engines were called to spray the animal off the runway. The runway was closed for about 30 minutes causing delays to several arriving and departing flights.

One bloody, stinky landing gear... :lol:

i've cleaned a lot of blood stain of birds off the aircraft and engine but one time i removed chicken from landing gear off A320 flew all the way from Bangladesh and it still in one piece.

Guest Rahim Rani
still related to the topic.

Yo bro, is that what you found on the runway? Lucky no condoms....if have I think I know who... :p

Just a month ago in WSSS, as I was at holding point Rwy 20C, on 777 on final was ask to go around due, lizard on runway. Of cos, we were then re cleared rwy 20R. :drinks: I supposed its a biawak

Planes don't have horns to chase animals away huh?

Hahahha...

I wonder how will it be if planes are equipped with horns...

Hahah!.. remembered the Gimli glider case shown on Nat Geo channel? If the 767 did have horn, the captain would have conveniently used it to warn the 2 boys on the bicycle... 'Honk! Honk! Get off the fricking runway!! Shoo!!'... :lol:

Sign in to follow this