MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Yohan

Books/Mags obout Aviation

Hi guys.....(my 1st ever topic here smile.gif )

today I went to MPH OneUtama......then I found this book and bought it....

PILOTING BASICS HANDBOOK (Aviate,Navigate,Communicate,Integrate)

by LEWIS BJORK,Editor......looking forward to finish and master this 824 pages book tongue.gif

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=5236KJ9PT&i=709464

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=5236KJ9PT&i=709486

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=5236KJ9PT&i=709487

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=5236KJ9PT&i=709488

----------------------------------------------------------------------

besides this, Im also hoping that everyone here could share their fav/recommended aviation books/mags.... biggrin.gif

How much is that? Interested with it and those book introduced by TK..so nice there!

My sis bought me a book "Airport" from AUS last year..and antoher one introducing all the aircrafts..from old ladies to the modern ladies..'Airport' included everything behind a journey..BEHIND THE SCENES OF COMMERCIAL AVIATION

AIRPORT by Michael Sharpe/Philip Birtles / Graham Duke

The People(autopilot/crew/se;ection/training/hour buodling/ATPL/recruitment/career devlopments and benefits), Maintanence,Repair & Modification(Personnel/facilities/inspection/maintanence/corrosion prevention and control/structural and stress anylysis/tools/repair/coatings/ratings/spares),

ATC(airspace/control/navigation beacons/levels/airports/control centres/ modern developments)

The Journey (preparation/ The Trop)

==========================================

Its a very very nice book! and the prices i s AUSD 24.99..but its worth..if u see it, buy it!

Min Chun,

I bought it for RM199.80...USD52.3 (if USD1=RM3.82) smile.gif

just a basic book of aviation for "newbies" like me laugh.gif

I'd recommend Macarthur Job's Air Disaster series. It's probably the best of the kind, with many in-depth investigation on the causes and great illustration and diagrams. Definitely a must-have if you are interested on air disaster investigations. It costs around RM100 locally-if you can find one unfortunately- Last time I went to MPH Mid Valley there was only one old copy of Vol. 3 there... sad.gif

I am also waiting the deliveries of my other aviation-related books and will come back to recommend any that's highly recommended. biggrin.gif

Mohd Tohan, id unno i can find it in MPH in Gurney Plaza(Penang)..i went there last time and i cant find any bokks bout aviaition..will try next time..hehe..I'm also a newbie...biggrin.gif

Mohd Tohan, id unno i can find it in MPH in Gurney Plaza(Penang)..i went there last time and i cant find any bokks bout aviaition..will try next time..hehe..I'm also a newbie...biggrin.gif

16494[/snapback]

btw, its Yohan smile.gif .....I think you should ask the customer service or you can use their OPAC system....the computers on some corners....they sure will at least have a Section like Aviation/ Aero Engineering etc....just ask them aviation, sure got maa wink.gif

p/s maybe just small section....yeah...in MPH OneUtama, I can even count the variaty of aviation books..sketnyer ohmy.gif

u guys can go to look in amazon.com if interested in any books.. just a suggestion though.. usually u can purchase books that u cant find in the market there..

16571[/snapback]

not everyone has a cc, and not everyone shops OL mellow.gif for me, i'd prefer to buy from a bookshop..only have maybank 2u.....no cc,no debit card whatsoever...yeah, im still in the stoneage tongue.gif

Sorry ar bro Yohan..okok..i will try to ask for the help! Cheers!

16635[/snapback]

so, any outcome?

err....pilots here, dont wanna suggust anything? unsure.gif

Books/Mags obout Aviation

Well, for magazines :

- Asian Airlines & Aerospace

- Airliner World

- Airport

- Airways (UK)

- Airways (TW)

All are very good except AA & A and Airways (TW), some of the informations are wrong. But between these two magazines, Airways (TW) is a lot better.

now i got another one from Melbourne bookshop...How Airliners Fly !

AUSD 38.99..nice book! explain everything!

21946[/snapback]

Which bookshop did you get it from ?

Which bookshop did you get it from ?

22003[/snapback]

forgotten..but near Bourke Street there..The shop has a basement too..i get it at the ' Transport' area...if not mistaken..the plastic bag do has some green big words on it. tongue.gif

I just got a new subscription.. its better than AA&A, and is called Asian Aviation! Its like a magazine-newspaper with contributors all around the region..

does anyone read sometimes in the NST comments, there is a guy who always writes about KLIA and MAS called William Dennis? He is also working as a journalist for this magazine smile.gif

I dunno how old it is or how broad its readership is? Anyone else here subscribe?

forgotten..but near Bourke Street there..The shop has a basement too..i get it at the ' Transport' area...if not mistaken..the plastic bag do has some green big words on it. tongue.gif

22061[/snapback]

Angus and Robertson ? But then A&R have white fonts on a green background.

ANyone remember "Take Off" from the early 1990s? biggrin.gif

22248[/snapback]

I had the first issue a while back.. it had an SR-71 blackbird on the cover or a B2 Stealth bomber.. it died after a while.. i never liked it cos it was mainly military aviation... Civil Aero all the way!

yeah..i still remember that RObertson..biggrin.gif

You r staying there? not Aledaide?

22436[/snapback]

Yup I am in Adelaide. Was in Melbourne last week for a few days with my family.

Yup I am in Adelaide. Was in Melbourne last week for a few days with my family.

22544[/snapback]

Did u all go to Bourke Strret? Really enjoy there..sit there and eating HungryJack's Ice Cream..enjoying musics..and also 1 old granpa dancing there with tongkat...really enjoy! smile.gif

hi guys! Happy new year to all of you and safe flying!

I recently spent couple hundreds of RM purchasing some aviation books at Borders. Not extensive collections but a good start for aviation buff like us. Although most of the books are FAA approved but nevertheless its the same fundamentals. I bought a Instrument Flying Handbook ( damn good! ), I Learnt Flying From That ( real account stories from Flying magazines), and others.... I've already have the complete set of Trevor Thom PPL books ( PPL bible tongue.gif) .... and of course A.C Kermode - Flight Without Formulae and Mechanics of Flight...Super good books!

Did u all go to Bourke Strret? Really enjoy there..sit there and eating HungryJack's Ice Cream..enjoying musics..and also 1 old granpa dancing there with tongkat...really enjoy!  smile.gif

22583[/snapback]

Yup, we did.

you want hungry jacks ice-cream??? hahaha Liam, bring some down when you get here in February smile.gif

We can start local food import business lah.. briyani from Dubai, Ice-cream from Australia, Pieter, why don't you bring some of those special cakes they make in Amsterdam smile.gif hahahaha just kidding lah! biggrin.gif

you want hungry jacks ice-cream??? hahaha Liam, bring some down when you get here in February smile.gif

We can start local food import business lah.. briyani from Dubai, Ice-cream from Australia, Pieter, why don't you bring some of those special cakes they make in Amsterdam smile.gif hahahaha just kidding lah! biggrin.gif

22681[/snapback]

I think we have many other ice creams that are far better than Hungry Jacks.