MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Yohan

Books/Mags obout Aviation

True lah, actually i didn't know HJs got ice-cream till this thread.. I think aussie ice-cream thats exportable is Sara-Lee, bbut already exported mah! can buy in Malaysia what.. only damn expensive.. Gelare oso got here now, but too pricey!

True lah,  actually i didn't know HJs got ice-cream till this thread.. I think aussie ice-cream thats exportable is Sara-Lee, bbut already exported mah! can buy in Malaysia what.. only damn expensive.. Gelare oso got here now, but too pricey!

22739[/snapback]

HJ's got ice cream for as long as I could remember. It tastes ok but definitely worth its' price. A soft serve cone for just 40 cents I think.

We have Bulla in Malaysia as well. Can't think of any other brands that can be exported to Malaysia.

Has anybody here tried London Dairy ice cream? It's really really good...! biggrin.gif But to me..the best ice creams...are still the range offered by Baskin Robbins...just downright delicious! smile.gif

Sandeep...

Got 6 briyani's in my bag la...but...all taken already... sad.gif None for me..as usual... dry.gif laugh.gif

Edit: Ok..off i go the airport...look out for a photographic trippie...

Edited by Imran K.

Have been reading some old issues of "Asian Aviation" at the Flying Club - they're good material. "Flying" is still my favourite but that's because I'm a GA jock.

Bought two books at RM12 each at Popular Ampang Point two weeks ago - "Blue Max" by Jack Hunter and "633 Squadron" by Federick E. Smith. Both were made into movies.

My best reads were

"Samurai" by Saburo Sakai

"Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K. Gann

"Flight of the Intruder" by Stephen Coonts

"Fly the Wing" by James Webb - highly technical but useful

"Baa Baa Black Sheep" by Greg Boyington

"Lindbergh" by A. Scott Berg

If you want extracts of the best aviation books in just one book I STRONGLY RECOMMEND "War In The Air" by Stephen Coonts (Pocket Books, New York) which includes stories from some of the above listed titles and those as far back as World War 1.

hmm..SIng YEw..just 30cent in AUSD..so around RM80-90 cent...nice ice cream...and its "harder" and more solid thant hose MxDxxxxx and Kxx..ice cream in Msia a bit 'liquify" lar..biggrin.gif

hmm..SIng YEw..just 30cent in AUSD..so around RM80-90 cent...nice ice cream...and its "harder" and more solid thant hose MxDxxxxx and Kxx..ice cream in Msia a bit 'liquify" lar..biggrin.gif

22968[/snapback]

Hmm....so it's 30 cents and not 40 cents. My bad. Have only eaten them once.

Hey... Was in The Mall yesterday and came to this second-hand bookstore - Chest.

Saw a handbook - Conversation Guide for Cabin Crews, Malaysia Airlines.

I think it's an official guide from MAA... Check it out! It's a typical handbook, light green cover with batik texture. Cheap; RM 10.00.

Hey guys..

Jut wanna noe...

Is the magazine "Airliner World" available in KL? I'm down for holidays..and im intending to buy it...

Hey guys..

Jut wanna noe...

Is the magazine "Airliner World" available in KL? I'm down for holidays..and im intending to buy it...

23160[/snapback]

yes..its available in KL...but quite pricey..

yes..its available in KL...but quite pricey..

23171[/snapback]

Whereabouts in KL? KinoKuniya in KLCC? I dont care about the price..i just want the magazine...saved up enough for it... smile.gif

Whereabouts in KL? KinoKuniya in KLCC? I dont care about the price..i just want the magazine...saved up enough for it... smile.gif

23186[/snapback]

you can get it at MPH..not sure about Kinokuniya..

you can get it at MPH..not sure about Kinokuniya..

23288[/snapback]

Going to the Parade now! laugh.gif

Have you checked out the bookstore at KLIA? Plenty of magazines there Imran, from piston-engined planes to airliners...

23162[/snapback]

is it accesseble to the public or only for departure passenger? u know the free trade zone is located for passengers only...... dry.gif

Thanks for the suggestion guys........so basically i'll be hunting some of ur recommendations in this couple weeks...will update you guys later.....

as suggested by Min Chun ->

1) AIRPORT by Michael Sharpe/Philip Birtles / Graham Duke........wonder what the other books publisher are,

-The People

-Maintenance,Repair & Modification,

-ATC,

-The Journey

2) How Airliners Fly.........two of you guys suggested this.......wonder who's the publisher.. min chun? Muzammil?

as suggested by C Yuen ->

3) A.C Kermode : Flight Without Formulae and Mechanics of Flight.......

4) Instrument Flying Handbook , who's the publisher/author

Bought two books at RM12 each at Popular Ampang Point two weeks ago - "Blue Max" by Jack Hunter and "633 Squadron" by Federick E. Smith. Both were made into movies.

My best reads were

"Samurai" by Saburo Sakai

"Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K. Gann

"Flight of the Intruder" by Stephen Coonts

"Fly the Wing" by James Webb - highly technical but useful

"Baa Baa Black Sheep" by Greg Boyington

"Lindbergh" by A. Scott Berg

If you want extracts of the best aviation books in just one book I STRONGLY RECOMMEND "War In The Air" by Stephen Coonts (Pocket Books, New York) which includes stories from some of the above listed titles and those as far back as World War 1.

Attan, your suggestions are really great and I get noticed on my notbook. I'll try to find out in Turkish here, otherwise I'll look at bookstores in KL in English.

especially "samurai" takes my interest becouse I read a few article about Saburo Sakai in an Turkish aviation magazine issues. Also they wrote about Erich Hartman's and Adolf Galland's life stories during two years.

I read 633th Squadron and it was great "real life" story. I advise if you have to find "Dunquerk skies"(I couldn't find writer now)

I'm sure all of people know Richard Bach's books. Especially 3 books just only about pure aviation but the rest of them generally about philosophy and human relations

there is an another book published the same series with 633th SQ, which is Heinz Knoke's life story by written himself "la grande chasse" but probably book names can be change.

If you have a chance to buy I advise also "FLIGHT- 100years of aviation" written by R.G Grant.It is very nice documentary book about aviation history since 2003.

For newest GA pilots (so preparing to get their PPLs) ROd MAchado's Private Pilot Handbook would be help for knowledge before flight lessons.

I'm buying new one or used today's pilot, pilot, airlinerworld, airlines,airways, aircraft illustrated special issues from KEymag. Also making collect Jusplanes-world air routes DVDs

I was writing for an aviaiton newspaper-magazine and I had a corner (half page) until 3 years ago about virtual aviation but now I don't write.

For those whose's into commercial aircraft...should get the revised edition of this book...i consider this as the mother of all commercial aircraft book....the one in the photo is the 1st edition if im not mistaken

DSC07644.jpg

my fav. book on airport has to be 'Designing world Best airport' -Singapore Changi...

For those whose's into commercial aircraft...should get the revised edition of this book...i consider this as the mother of all commercial aircraft book....the one in the photo is the 1st edition if im not mistaken

DSC07644.jpg

my fav. book on airport has to be 'Designing world Best airport' -Singapore Changi...

i tried finding ur book around but failed(mph midV - nope, the Curve - nope)....care to guide me where to look for this book? :sorry:

+I bet there a lot more of books out there that you guys read..........please share with us...... :rolleyes:

i tried finding ur book around but failed(mph midV - nope, the Curve - nope)....care to guide me where to look for this book? :sorry:

+I bet there a lot more of books out there that you guys read..........please share with us...... :rolleyes:

bro..i got it when i was 8 ( 17 yrs ago..)..been told by fellow MWingers that there's a revised edition...but not sure if its in the local market or not...perhaps u can find it at Amazon.com..try ur luck :)

bro..i got it when i was 8 ( 17 yrs ago..)..been told by fellow MWingers that there's a revised edition...but not sure if its in the local market or not...perhaps u can find it at Amazon.com..try ur luck :)
thanks for the advice, but I'm not use with internet/cc/paypay purchase :sorry:

yesteday, MPH Alamanda failed me again, I guess it's very difficult to find aviation books here..maybe I need to revisit the bookshop in OU where I bought my 1st book...hmmm :sorry:

MPH Mid Valley puts books on avaiation at two different places. Coffee-table types and such at one place, while technical and pilot-related ones in the engineering books section. Ask or directions from the customer service staff. They have a habit of moving them (the coffee table types) from one place to another. The engineering section should still be in the little 'reading room' together with law and accountancy books.

Edited by Rozhan

Found this book at Popular Bookstore Sunway Pyramid.

DSC01936.jpgDSC01937.jpg

I think this is a good book for reference. Might be to detail for an interview but as the title suggest...

'Ace The Technical Pilot Interview' by Gary V. Bristow