MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

Kuala Lumpur Airshow 2009 (KLas 2009)

Almost 300 aviation and plane manufacturing companies will be participating in the first Kuala Lumpur Airshow 2009 (KLas 2009) to be held at the Asia Pacific Auction Centre (Apac) in Subang Airport from July 15th to 19th, next year.

Chief Executive Officer, World Aerospace Sdn Bhd, Nonee Ashirin Mohd Radzi said today that the exhibition was aimed at bringing in the latest people from the industry, products and technologies and to act as a melting pot for professionals and experts in the aviation industry.

"With the endorsement by the Ministry of Tourism, we will be focusing on commercial airlines and business jets in the show," she said.

The show will focus on general aviation, business and regional jets, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), airport technologies and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

"With its strategic location, KLas 2009 is set to draw a larger participation of commercial aircraft and buyers internationally," she told reporters adding that World Aerospace was also the organiser for last year's Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) exhibition in the aviation division.

Nonee said it was timely to hold the airshow in Subang, being a more conducive place to have an exhibition of such nature.

"It is also timely as the VistaJet Skypark had been launched in Subang and LIMA has grown into a military show especially the maritime sector so there is a vacuum in the commercial sector for aerospace," she added.

She also said that the show will not only address the trade people but will also be opened to the public on the last two days.

People from the Klang Valley will be treated to airshows involving international aerobatic teams, she added.

-- BERNAMA :yahoo: :yahoo:

So the new structure tht is being built on wht used to be Terminal is the Asia Pacific Auction Centre?

A good news indeed as I've always thought Langkawi as a not very good location for an airshow. Very difficult with transportation and accommodation and subsequently scalped by the traders there.

I hope this event becomes a reality. Remember the much talked about aerospace exhibition that didn't take-off.

I agree that LIMA has a more defence slant and it's about time commercial aviation is given more priority.

I hope this event becomes a reality. Remember the much talked about aerospace exhibition that didn't take-off.

I agree that LIMA has a more defence slant and it's about time commercial aviation is given more priority.

I'd rather the Govt put a little money on Sports and Business Aviation than try to fight it out against DXB Airshow and Asian Aerospace. A mini Oshkosh of the East would be great. But that's me

LIMA will remain as LIMA and the venue will not change as long our ex-PM around here..hehehe.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But this KLas 2009 I hope will become new platform to us to explore more on aerospace and aviation industry as well..To promote SZB as main hub of MRO in this region..I personally hope this event/air show will organize consistently and never give up/loss battle with Singapore Air Show..

Exhibitors' resources - money, time and manpower - are limited and there are already a whole lot of airshows that compete for their attendance. Each show has to carve its own niche but this cannot be limited by the business potential of one market alone.

The Asian Aerospace in HKG is basically a civil aviation show . . . and the organisers think they have an advantage being at the doorstep of China.

The Singapore Airshow has built up a long track record - from its days as Asian Aerospace - in attracting exhibitors from around the world selling to the Asia Pacific region and the Middle East . . . pulling in big wigs from airlines, air forces, MROs, component manufacturers etc.

The Dubai Airshow's pulling power is the potential for big-money spendings by the airlines and air forces from that region.

What has the organisers of KLAS 2009 identified that is not already covered? If KLAS 2009 is to showcase the products and services of Malaysian MRO vendors and component manufacturers, isn't that better achieved by having a Malaysian national pavilion at established international airshows? Are they trying to re-invent the wheel? The travel and tourism industry went through this phase when every country wants to have its own travel show . . . many have bitten the dust but from time to time, new entrants hope to achieve what many others failed to just by copying past failed events. The only people who love what's going on are the contractors who build exhibition stands.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

There is a type of airshow that can be seen in the UK, USA and Australia. They are not trying to sell aircraft but only t-shirts, pins and badges instead. The main attractions are warbirds, aerobatics and small GA aircraft. And maybe recruitment drive by the local Air Force.

Maybe we should have that type of airshow instead.

Sign in to follow this