MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Berjaya Strike

From today's NST:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Wed...icle/index_html

KUALA LUMPUR: Berjaya Air flights on Monday and yesterday were either delayed or cancelled when the airline's five pilots refused to fly due to "safety issues".

Sources said Monday's strike of sorts began at 8am when the pilots refused to take to the skies as they were unhappy with the safety levels of the aircraft.

The sources said the issue was not about higher pay, adding that the pilots believed the maintenance of the aircraft was not up to the mark.

Due to the "strike", two flights each to Redang and Tioman were delayed by four to eight hours, leaving some 60 passengers furious.

By 11.30am, the passengers were told the strike was over and that the flights would take off in a matter of hours.

However, it continued yesterday, causing the cancellation of two more flights to Tioman and one to Pangkor, while the 8am flight to Redang was delayed by three hours

I think the pilots were doing the right thing for not flying if maintenance is not up to mark. It really involved lives. How old is the aircraft?

so the pilot is happy again with the safety level just in few hours ? it doesn't make sense to me

Could be a small matter that affect safety.

For example, tire worn. Pilot say dangerous, company say can still go for a few more sectors. Pilot refuse to take the aircraft. How long does it takes to change tires?

Could be a small matter that affect safety.

For example, tire worn. Pilot say dangerous, company say can still go for a few more sectors. Pilot refuse to take the aircraft. How long does it takes to change tires?

OR call other pilots, offer them gold to fly the same plane. hahaha... :D

OR call other pilots, offer them gold to fly the same plane. hahaha... :D

SZB right? Got MIG pilot stopping by maybe can offer to do a quick round trip.

IF i not mistaken..Berjaya had purchase aircraft to replace the existing planes..But i cant recall what type (i fell like ATR) but since today, we dont even see or hear any new story for Berjaya Air's new aircraft..Berjaya Air deal an agreement with the aircraft manufacture just before Firefly and MASwings purchase ATR72-500s..now FY enjoy their ATR and next month MASwings will enjoy it too.. :drinks:

From a passenger point of view, better for Firefly to take over Berjaya routes.

Berjaya business model looks different. Their flights more to complements their hotels in these tourist destinations. No wonder very expensive to fly in Berjaya.

IF i not mistaken..Berjaya had purchase aircraft to replace the existing planes..But i cant recall what type (i fell like ATR) but since today, we dont even see or hear any new story for Berjaya Air's new aircraft..Berjaya Air deal an agreement with the aircraft manufacture just before Firefly and MASwings purchase ATR72-500s..now FY enjoy their ATR and next month MASwings will enjoy it too.. :drinks:

Yerp..Berjaya ordered four ATR 72-500. They signed the contract of purchase 4 days after Firefly and MASwings.Their ATR 72-500s will be delivered in 2009 n 2010...CLICK HERE

Thanks Mr. MIR provide the links..

BTW.. May i ask a question for those who are know..Why Berjaya Air get their ATR72 bit late than Firefly and MASwings,it just 4 day interval make such huge gap on delivery??Yes I know MAS subsidiaries had order 10s ATR plus other 10 in option or may be this ATR production line bit slow, I mean their production line not as fast as Boeing and Airbus..

Thank You..

Why Berjaya Air get their ATR72 bit late than Firefly and MASwings

It's all up to the airline ordering the planes, and to 'tell' the manufacturer when to deliver the planes...

Sign in to follow this