MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sandeep G

Bad media for MAS

Today, MAS has received heaps of flack from the media with regards to its performance. It is something all of us here have predicted for a long time.. And in reading the articles, I can't help but feel that all the troubles now stem from one man.. Mr. Tajudin Ramli. The classic example used in the articles is the exhorbitant rate at which MH pays for raw food supplies and poor inventory control. Now they are talking of staff-cuts - perhaps all those fellas sitting around not earning their keep should be the first to go? This involves some managers too.. The pay cut only serves as imagery that management understand somewhat that the airline is losing money due to mismanagement in my eyes.. too little too late. Increasing airfares to the USA now, making mAS the MOST expensive to north america... not very smart!!!

Let's all hope that Mas survives through this to become stronger and better than before. Mr. Idris Jala sure has one big task ahead of him.

Here is the links to the articles:

Turbulent Time for MAS

MAS-sive woes

Get Rid of Excess Baggage, MAS told

Fare to North America to Increase Again

When will our MAS become the golden airline it once used to be...

Its really sad to see MAS have so much of negative reports in one day in one news daily.

By the look of it, it looks as if MH may cancel their KUL-EWR ohmy.gif due to the heavy increase in the airfares in all three classes. (My mum got a year ticket for KUL-EWR this Saturday for RM4452)

TR seems to have caused MH a whole lot of damage and its simply annoying that he is free and easy now. Our national airline is our pride, it looks as if he took it as his personal pride !!!!!

dry.gif dry.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Whoa guys, go slow on naming names - we don't want the forum to get slapped with a slander charge, do we? smile.gif

Azmal, I think his (TR) time is coming lah.. ACA apparently already investigating him and MAS is already suing him over and two others over misappropriation of funds from MASKargo... its a matter of time only..

If some of you are unaware.. in the TR days, MAS catering purchased its food supplies from a company linked with Naluri (a company owned by Mr. TR).. raw eggs were sold to the airline at some ridiculous price like RM8 PER EGG! Meals were costing the airline a bomb, and the losses mounted!!! Then to top this off, the government purchased back TR's shares from him at the price of RM8.50 per share, when the company was only worth around RM3.00-RM3.50!!!! In terms of market capitalisation, MH is now worth only RM500 million more than AirAsia!!!! This just proves that its not necessarily that we malaysians can't build a successful airline, but there are powerful corporate and dare I say political influences on the operation of national companys like MAS, Proton, Perwaja Steel, KTMB, MAHB.. I think about the most successful government corp. is Petronas, but they are not so heavily government owned as the others mentioned... Look at the state of these companies in general... its time corporate transparency and corporate disclosure are elevated in this country, and the self-indulging ways of the so-called corporate and political elite are demolished.

I salute our PM Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for initiating this change, and I don;t think this site has to fear from any backlash. Its merely a public forum for the purpose of expressing publiv opinions. smile.gif

In any case, all should pray and work hard to resolve the problems at MAS and restore the airline to its former glory!!! We have friends on this forum working for the airline, and in light of this recent news, i'm sure they will want the restoration of MAS' integrity and profitability to maintain job security and enhance the working environment. A good airline is one that looks after its people. All the best to those of you here with MAS, training with MAS or aspiring to join MAS in the near future!!!

BTW, has anyone noticed the incredible improvement in performance of Celcom since takeover by Telekom Malaysia??! Hmmm... wasn't Celcom linked to Naluri too??! rolleyes.gif

BTW, has anyone noticed the incredible improvement in performance of Celcom since takeover by Telekom Malaysia??!  Hmmm... wasn't Celcom linked to Naluri too??!  rolleyes.gif

15177[/snapback]

Incredible or "incredible"? laugh.gif biggrin.gif

most successful government corp. is Petronas, but they are not so heavily government owned

15176[/snapback]

Are you sure? I think it is almost entirely owned by the gov.

Edited by Rozhan

Are you sure? I think it is almost entirely owned by the gov.

I believe they have quite a lot of external influence also.. but I could be wrong..

BTW, has anyone noticed the incredible improvement in performance of Celcom since takeover by Telekom Malaysia??!  Hmmm... wasn't Celcom linked to Naluri too??!  rolleyes.gif

15177[/snapback]

Yup, Celcom was indeed linked to Naluri.

Unfortunately Malaysia is not a free country and we don't have necessary rights to free speech . So as long as politicians don't know what a GE90 means , I think we're safe from them visiting MalaysianWings

Sign in to follow this