MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Yusoff

Delta B763 stuck on ground at Little Rock (KLIT)

Somewhat funny... :)

http://avherald.com/h?article=40a7f812&opt=0

Delta B763 near Little Rock on Jul 31st 2008, medical emergency, airplane stuck on ground

By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Aug 1st 2008 05:28Z, last updated Friday, Aug 1st 2008 05:28Z

A Delta Airlines Boeing 767-300, flight DL1033 from Atlanta,GA to Phoenix,AZ (USA) with 238 people on board, diverted to Little Rock,AR due to a medical emergency on board. The passenger was rushed to the University Hospital.

When the airplane was about to push back, no towbar strong enough to push the 767 could be found at the airport. The flight had to be cancelled and the passengers accomodated in local hotels. A proper towbar is being brought in from Memphis over night, the flight should continue Friday morning.

:lol:

Maybe the condition is not permittable for the 767 to use its reverse thrushers like ie. 727 could. Or 767 simply just cant do that??... :unknw:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere yonks ago, that it's something similar to this that is somehow preventing widebody biggies from operating into Miri airport (pax traffic sufficiency notwithstanding :) )

I vaguely remember reading somewhere yonks ago, that it's something similar to this that is somehow preventing widebody biggies from operating into Miri airport (pax traffic sufficiency notwithstanding :) )

If I got you right, it was a Chinese airline that wanted to fly into MYY with A330. Even the airport itself can handle A330, but the plan was rejected as the airport do not have sufficient equipment in handling the a/c.

Not really sure, it never mentioned if I'm not wrong.

But I think it would most probably be the same case as this Delta, a tow truck/bar was missing. However, there were 'other' factors affected the flight. :db:

Sign in to follow this