MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Juergen Witte

Firefly´s ATR´s

Can anyone tell me on which routes Firefly will use the new ATR´s ?

I guess they will run them on the new routes. But how to be sure ???

The Firefly website doesn´t tell (still F 50 shown on the timetable page ...)

Actually i´m planning a trip around Malaysia/Indonesia in november and among the new routes is Medan-Penang. So, is it likely they will operate the ATR on that route ?

Any details where the first ATR(s) will be based ? Subang or Penang ???

SZB.. Even all three F50s are based in SZB..

SZB.. Even all three F50s are based in SZB..

Interesting ! So, there are no overnight stays of aircraft at PEN ??? Can´t believe it as there are early morning departures out of PEN without a/c coming in from SZB just ahead of these departures !

Maybe you meant FY has its homebase at SZB.

So, i´m still waiting for more details regarding on which routes they will use the ATR´s.

I don´t think they will use them mixed with F 50`s on all routes...

Interesting ! So, there are no overnight stays of aircraft at PEN ??? Can´t believe it as there are early morning departures out of PEN without a/c coming in from SZB just ahead of these departures !

Maybe you meant FY has its homebase at SZB.

So, i´m still waiting for more details regarding on which routes they will use the ATR´s.

I don´t think they will use them mixed with F 50`s on all routes...

Yes, currently all three FY F50 overnight at SZB. No more in PEN.

Easy to maintenance (near MAS Engineering Complex).

A friend of mine told me that they'll be using the ATR to Koh Samui daily from sometime in october.

A friend of mine told me that they'll be using the ATR to Koh Samui daily from sometime in october.

I was already expecting the SZB-USM route B)

But i am looking at two routes in particular: 1) PEN-MES and 2) SZB-JHB

I was already expecting the SZB-USM route B)

But i am looking at two routes in particular: 1) PEN-MES and 2) SZB-JHB

Erm.. i think better they use ATR for long distance like PEN-BTJ or SZB-USM.

Can anyone tell me on which routes Firefly will use the new ATR´s ?

I guess they will run them on the new routes. But how to be sure ???

The Firefly website doesn´t tell (still F 50 shown on the timetable page ...)

Actually i´m planning a trip around Malaysia/Indonesia in november and among the new routes is Medan-Penang. So, is it likely they will operate the ATR on that route ?

26 of October...I thought i saw it on FY's website

Guten tag Juergen/MHG,

I am not sure about which route that FY is going to deploy their new ATR 72-500, but I received this email from them recently:

ATR72.jpg

ATR722.jpg

Based on it, looks like those are the routes that will be served using the ATR, but I would suggest you contact FY for confirmation.

9MMAR

Regarding the ATRs, the ATR simulator at SZB MH sim center is up and running, and it is not operated by MH but directly by ATR instead. Some FY crew are already undergoing conversion training there; met them during my base check a few days ago.

Well, thanks so far ...

I am booked on HKT-PEN and PEN-SZB on october 26 ...

If both flights are on the Fokker i´ll be not "disappointed" since it´s not going to be the "last visit of my life" to Malaysia and the ATR´s are there to stay for some time ...

(P.S.: I really enjoy the malaysian hospitality - i really feel welome in this country !!! )

Since my wife is from the Philippines i always have a good reason to make a stop in Malaysia when going from Europe to the Phils. !!!

And if Air Asia X will fly from Germany (most probably Cologne/Bonn - CGN ) we will both surely switch from the arabian carriers to D7 which makes it even easier to stop over in Malaysia !

Is there anyone who likes to meet me on oct 27 in the morning at SZB ? Or in BKI on nov 1./2. ?

Hello good day to Mr. Juergen Witte also others, :)

Good to know you like to visit this country with our local hospitality.. :good: :good:

I personally believe that the new ATR72-500 will be use to serve new route by FireFly which the plane need cross the Melaka Strait ..All the destination heading to Sumatra Island, Indonesia..But slowly and surely all the current existing Firefly Fokker-50 will be replace soon..So in future you may serve much better Malaysia Hospitality on ATR..

I just like to suggest to you..If you had any opportunity soon, you should explore the nature of Borneo Island by using MASwings..MASwings also will use ATR72-500 soon to replace the Fokker 50..

Next Tuesday my aunt will arrive from Germany..She currently stay at Stuttgart..

[Off topic] --Somebody move this topic I guess from Flight Lookbook. Why? [Off topic]

Hello good day to Mr. Juergen Witte also others, :)

Good to know you like to visit this country with our local hospitality.. :good: :good:

I personally believe that the new ATR72-500 will be use to serve new route by FireFly which the plane need cross the Melaka Strait ..All the destination heading to Sumatra Island, Indonesia..But slowly and surely all the current existing Firefly Fokker-50 will be replace soon..So in future you may serve much better Malaysia Hospitality on ATR..

I just like to suggest to you..If you had any opportunity soon, you should explore the nature of Borneo Island by using MASwings..MASwings also will use ATR72-500 soon to replace the Fokker 50..

Next Tuesday my aunt will arrive from Germany..She currently stay at Stuttgart..

[Off topic] --Somebody move this topic I guess from Flight Lookbook. Why? [Off topic]

Well, i already booked a flight on MASwings but it´s a Twin Otter (Miri-Kota Kinabalu). But it seems i´m going to have a bit time to spare when on Borneo. Maybe i´ll throw in a side trip on a Fokker ;)

Last Year in may I have already been there and i flew with FAX (Fokker and Twin Otter). So, i´m just coming back once more !

Just the airline for RAS has changed in between (i know the reasons why - and i agree fully on that movement)

Btw.: I live about 120 km northwest of Stuttgart / 85 Km south of Frankfurt but the nearest airport is Mannheim (MHG) about 10 Km away ...

Just a remote question: Has anyone used the stored value scratch cards promoted by MASwings ? Any experiences ???

Well, thanks so far ...

I am booked on HKT-PEN and PEN-SZB on october 26 ...

If both flights are on the Fokker i´ll be not "disappointed" since it´s not going to be the "last visit of my life" to Malaysia and the ATR´s are there to stay for some time ...

(P.S.: I really enjoy the malaysian hospitality - i really feel welome in this country !!! )

Since my wife is from the Philippines i always have a good reason to make a stop in Malaysia when going from Europe to the Phils. !!!

Proud to be malaysian!

Have a nice trip Juergen!

Just a remote question: Has anyone used the stored value scratch cards promoted by MASwings ? Any experiences ???

Guten tag Juergen :)

Regarding to your question above, Yes,i do keep one used MASWings scratch cards,used for my youngest brother return flight to my hometown.The value of that card was MYR 120.

Regarding the ATRs, the ATR simulator at SZB MH sim center is up and running, and it is not operated by MH but directly by ATR instead. Some FY crew are already undergoing conversion training there; met them during my base check a few days ago.

Radzi , its a CAE sim , owned by Firefly , Maintained by Thales .