MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Cheng Kit

Old Malaysia Airlines widebody plane seat configurations

Does anyone remember any 90's configuration of the MAS widebody plane seat maps such as the 747-400, A330-300 and other planes and do they have individual entertainment system on all classes or overhead screens?

Does anyone remember any 90's configuration of the MAS widebody plane seat maps such as the 747-400, A330-300 and other planes and do they have individual entertainment system on all classes or overhead screens?

MAS A330-300 were originally fitted with 12 F, 56 GCC and 213 EY = 281 seats.

Forgot to tell about the DC-10s, MD-11s and Airbus A300s. And Isaac, before to current and last fitting for the Boeing 747s. How were they like and did they have PTV in all classes or only F and J class or none. Just overhead screens on all classes.

And what about the second A330 fitting before the current one.

Edited by Cheng Kit

No comment on F and J, as far as i remembered on the MH747 COMBI there are no drop down lcds. Just a big mainscreeen in front and radio port for your headphones.

Meals back then were fantastic, i still remember getting cheese and crackers, a big juicy sirloin steak, yummy shrimp salad appetiser and good desert. The meal tray was huge and FULL not like the one we have now, big tray but empty@@. Back then there was glasses for wine as well.

But these memories were vague, happened almost 10 years ago when i was like 8-9?. Seating was 3-4-3 and there is a smoking section behind the plane.

No comment on F and J, as far as i remembered on the MH747 COMBI there are no drop down lcds. Just a big mainscreeen in front and radio port for your headphones.

Meals back then were fantastic, i still remember getting cheese and crackers, a big juicy sirloin steak, yummy shrimp salad appetiser and good desert. The meal tray was huge and FULL not like the one we have now, big tray but empty@@. Back then there was glasses for wine as well.

But these memories were vague, happened almost 10 years ago when i was like 8-9?. Seating was 3-4-3 and there is a smoking section behind the plane.

How does the seat plan look like. Did they have PTVs in Y class.

And can anybody show the photos of these old configurations.

I have not got a clue sorry :(. No PTV in Y class, only Mainscreen. Big screen in the bulkhead. Seating was 3-4-3 in Y that time but i dont have the seatplan sorry!

I remember the DC-10 having 3-5-3, with a massive screen in front, with a different, yellowish seat covers. They used to deploy it on the Subang-Singapore routes. Last quarter of the planes, 747s, A330s or DC-10s were all reserved for smoking, I recall. Don't remember ever seeing a drop-down screen.

They still serve wine in glasses now...and shrimp, and...stuff.

I remember the DC-10 having 3-5-3, with a massive screen in front, with a different, yellowish seat covers. They used to deploy it on the Subang-Singapore routes. Last quarter of the planes, 747s, A330s or DC-10s were all reserved for smoking, I recall. Don't remember ever seeing a drop-down screen.

They still serve wine in glasses now...and shrimp, and...stuff.

Negative, I am sure that they had 3-4-3 arrangment in Y and 2-2-2 in C on the DC-10-30s. Been on both classes on the DC-10-30 during the good old days when they were plying the KUL-BNE-AKL, KUL-AKL and KUL-BKI. KUL-KCH-BKI routes. The Airbus A300B4-200 had 2-4-2 arrangment in Y and 2-2-2 in C. Have been on them frequently on BKI-KUL, BKI-SIN, KUL-SIN, BKI-KCH-KUL, BKI-SIN-KUL and BKI-HKG.

Never been on MH's 742 or 743 Combi.

Edited by S V Choong

Oops, my mistake, trying to remember a plane I last sat on some odd 14 years ago...heee...I could be wrong about the B747 having 2 seats facing the window as well.

Found some of the seatmaps from here.

seat_boeing747_400P.gif

Boeing 747-400

F24/J60/Y318 Seats

Total: 402 seats

seat_boeing747_400.jpg

Boeing 747-400 Combi and only Boeing 747-300

F24/J38/Y227 seats

Total: 289 seats

seat_boeing777_200.jpg

Boeing 777-200ER

F12/J33/Y233 seats