MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jannar T

MAS BTP

(3) Try not to delude yourself, technical know how in China is more than a little advanced compared to what MAS possesses. They're probably not too interested in outside work as local demand I suspect exceeds the physical capability (ie infrastructure limitations ?)

Just to add on to the point above. Taeco in Xiamen is doing pretty well in aircraft MRO. Saw quite a few aicrafts from several foreign airlines parked outside their hangars. Could recall seeing Korean Air and Japan Airlines when I was in Xiamen a few months ago.

http://www.taeco.com/customers.asp

A browse through the customers section of their website would show the airlines that send their aircrafts over to them for line maintenance, heavy maintenance and even aircraft conversion. Ýou'd be surprised to know that the list included MAS as well. Not sure how updated is the listing though.

Edited by Sing Yew

Ryan,

Your comment on MAS is not only specific to MAS itself, it applies to quite a lot of businesses in Malaysia. The best way to save MAS is not merely having plans on the corporate level, the best way is that it must come from up top in the government machinery and must come with political will. Malaysia needs to liberalize and embrace competition in so many sectors in quite a few parts of our economy. We have been prone to the tendencies of falling for calls for protectionism. For MAS to thrive it must compete, for it to compete it must face the harsh realities of competition and not be protected, it's no good molly coddling using tax payer money to perform bail outs, save the company each time it struggles. It must learn to swim or sink. The safety net of the government coming in to the rescue is precisely why it has become inefficient and complacent, unable to compete. Let market economics dictate if MAS is worthy of survival and perform as a business entity, not national pride. Sadly I don't see this happening in the foreseeable future, all the political parties active in Malaysia have protectionist - government intervening in the market tendencies.

Helmi,

If that is the business psyche for Malaysia as a whole (like you are insinuating), then it is a very sad day for your country. In my line of work, I do hire and fire people and time and time again, I have always preferred the hardworking nature of Malaysians compared to the lacklustre attitude of my own countrymen who is good at nothing but complaining (not all lah, but a large percentage). Or maybe the really good ones leave the country and seek PR in Singapore? Hahahahaha... Not too sure.

BUT I have found Malaysians to be very hardworking, grateful, and most importantly, very quietly humble. These are the traits that will take an individual very far. Look at the amount of Malaysian PRs working for Singapore Airlines here in Singapore! The numbers are quite astonishing, I would venture close to half of the workforce.

Helmi,

If that is the business psyche for Malaysia as a whole (like you are insinuating), then it is a very sad day for your country. In my line of work, I do hire and fire people and time and time again, I have always preferred the hardworking nature of Malaysians compared to the lacklustre attitude of my own countrymen who is good at nothing but complaining (not all lah, but a large percentage). Or maybe the really good ones leave the country and seek PR in Singapore? Hahahahaha... Not too sure.

BUT I have found Malaysians to be very hardworking, grateful, and most importantly, very quietly humble. These are the traits that will take an individual very far. Look at the amount of Malaysian PRs working for Singapore Airlines here in Singapore! The numbers are quite astonishing, I would venture close to half of the workforce.

No lah, not business psyche, Petronas as an example is a Fortune 500 multinational and a GLC, a very well run business, if the problem was business psyche it would be another Pertamina, our companies can and do compete globally. I think you misunderstand, rather what I was trying to get at is that the root of the problem is actually social, which requires collective political will. Our society is one of great expectations and ambitions, it all blurs the lines of business and politics. Why do you think MH still flies to Newark, Buenos Aires? If Jala had his way, I'm sure more routes would be axed. I think Malaysia is being dragged through economic realities kicking and screaming, however old ways are slowly changing, by the time my generation gets into power becoming MP's and ministers.. muahhahahahahah.. who knows. But currently, this is still not the case, the demands and ambitions of our society is still trying to be met and dictated through businesses. People still want to see the flag carrier in NY, boastfully on all 6 continents, people aren't willing to pay the true price of petrol (you Singaporeans shouldn't complain about that), basic food prices are still needed to be kept artificially low, Proton being our pet national project, I actually can go on and on. I believe the role of the government is governance, not dictating and running business enterprises, my view.

As a Malaysian, I think it's fair to say we Malaysians all have high hopes for MAS to be successful, probably even those of us who engage in MH bashing, it is our national carrier, that still means something to us, it's also perhaps one of the reasons why MH FA's are so darn good, because they carry the sense of what MAS means to the ordinary folk. Such idealism and romanticism are probably long gone in more developed and some what cynical parts of the world. And as how MH is right now, with the BTP's, FSVC, whatever abbreviations they will come up next, I'm a discerning paying individual, it takes more that national aspirations to get my business, which is why I haven't flown them in years and my next couple of flights this year are with AK and LH. I still wish them well..

People still want to see the flag carrier in NY, boastfully on all 6 continents, people aren't willing to pay the true price of petrol (you Singaporeans shouldn't complain about that), ...

Eh that being said, I have always wondered. Prices of petrol in Malaysia is similar to us here dollar for dollar (as in SGD1.00 is RM1.00). However, looking at the average salary and the DISTANCE an average Malaysian drives, my god isn't it an expensive affair to own a car! And the toll is not cheap! That can only go up! Driving from Tuas to KL cost me RM45.00 in toll fees, and RM70.00 in petrol. Not cheap... not cheap...

Which is why my heart goes out to you guys.

MAS BTP part 2 works out fine for the airline hey guys.

Only if the price of blueberries remains constant for the muffins they serve in their snekboks...hey ho!

PS: Sorry for being OT MW... I couldn't resist.

MAS BTP part 2 works out fine for the airline hey guys.

I'm hoping to communicate in a language that Michael understands:

"hey, the BTP2 is a good blueprint, hey, we hope, hey, it works out, hey, but hey, if it runs into problems, hey, then hey, it doesn't really matter hey, because it's just a blueprint hey, and hey, it's not gospel, hey, but in the meantime, hey, there's no harm to the airline, hey, if people here want to critique the plan hey, because hey, they aren't gods hey, and it won't matter what they say hey, because hey, who are they hey..

likewise hey, who are you, hey?"

Please end your non-relevant comments now. I seriously hope you are just somebody purposely being a nuissance to get a kick out of the replies you get from other forum members here, if so, kudos to you - you got me too! But enough's enough mate.

Guest Michael

This BTP2 will take MAS to a higher level of importance than SIA or CX or EK.

I'm hoping to communicate in a language that Michael understands:

"hey, the BTP2 is a good blueprint, hey, we hope, hey, it works out, hey, but hey, if it runs into problems, hey, then hey, it doesn't really matter hey, because it's just a blueprint hey, and hey, it's not gospel, hey, but in the meantime, hey, there's no harm to the airline, hey, if people here want to critique the plan hey, because hey, they aren't gods hey, and it won't matter what they say hey, because hey, who are they hey..

likewise hey, who are you, hey?"

Please end your non-relevant comments now. I seriously hope you are just somebody purposely being a nuissance to get a kick out of the replies you get from other forum members here, if so, kudos to you - you got me too! But enough's enough mate.

hey

:rofl:

LOLOLOLOL... Oh God... I laughed so hard I think I pulled my back muscle. Looks like the baker is back after a brief hiatus. Michael, so back to baking and stop making a fool of yourself like that. Oh... My tears are falling from the laughter... oh... oh...

Like I said... go back to baking. I think the prices of blueberries have been stable for a while now. Now that you are apparently no longer working at the airport, like you claim, I am sure you have all the time for these useless one-liners. So fire away to provide constant entertainment and an excuse for me to pull my back muscles again. Hehehehe...

I whole heartedly agree. Even before BTP2, MAS has always enjoyed a substantially higher level of importance in Malaysia than SIA or CX or EK.

I whole heartedly agree. Even before BTP2, MAS has always enjoyed a substantially higher level of importance in Malaysia than SIA or CX or EK.

Explain why mistakes made is forgiven and chance is always given. With the whole country resources behind MH, MH will never fail nor will become a successful airline like CX, EK or SQ.

:drinks:

Explain why mistakes made is forgiven and chance is always given. With the whole country resources behind MH, MH will never fail nor will become a successful airline like CX, EK or SQ.

:drinks:

GASP! Offend not oh mighty Baker! Take back the comments, you must. For MAS, you see, is sacred ground. So hallowed it is mere mortals like us shall not set foot, except for Baker for he is the chosen one granted an audience with all wise and venerable IJ.

Set forth Baker did, for Subang Complex-whatever... Baker sets forth to document this epic journey, an odyssey akin to Illiad and Homer. Record this he must, and so magically appears a Canon digicam. His vessel is a timeless classic Golden Club seat sailing above the clouds of humanity... only to be stopped by unseen forces in his path. Wielded his magic keris, so says Baker, to slash his way through the opague obstacle all this while to a strange constant ringing. Oh evil wizards how they distract! Distract by creating songs of ringing encompassing various sonnets...

RING RING RING.......

Baker wakes up to his alarm clock ringing, in his bed reeking of blueberry muffins holding on tightly to a spetula.

GASP! Offend not oh mighty Baker! Take back the comments, you must. For MAS, you see, is sacred ground. So hallowed it is mere mortals like us shall not set foot, except for Baker for he is the chosen one granted an audience with all wise and venerable IJ.

Set forth Baker did, for Subang Complex-whatever... Baker sets forth to document this epic journey, an odyssey akin to Illiad and Homer. Record this he must, and so magically appears a Canon digicam. His vessel is a timeless classic Golden Club seat sailing above the clouds of humanity... only to be stopped by unseen forces in his path. Wielded his magic keris, so says Baker, to slash his way through the opague obstacle all this while to a strange constant ringing. Oh evil wizards how they distract! Distract by creating songs of ringing encompassing various sonnets...

RING RING RING.......

Baker wakes up to his alarm clock ringing, in his bed reeking of blueberry muffins holding on tightly to a spetula.

Priceless.

I nearly fell off the chair laughing as I read through the last bit. Good thing I read it at home and not at work.

Why is it just blueberries all the time though ? Is that his only forte ?

RING RING RING.......

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sign in to follow this