MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Singapore grounds a second A380

Today saw 9V-SKA parked at remote stand opposite budget terminal in Singapore when I flew to Singapore today.Unfortunately for me had to do 6 sectotrs instead of 4 due to shortage of Capts today.(KUL-SIN-KUL-LGK-KUL-KBR-KUL)

Wow, that's tiring :mellow:

Hello I am just writing from the Golden Lounge here in KLIA, sorry but it is sad that SIA has had to ground another A380, but I am looking more forward to MAS announcing its order soon, that will be exciting. Has anybody seen the new videos on youtube yet about the MH campaign?

Dear Baker,

Please stick to the topic and not attempt to defile the discussion.

Guest Michael

I am not actually a baker and Ryan is just jealous cause I travel in business class with the airline that offers better inflight service than his home carrier.

I am not actually a baker and Ryan is just jealous cause I travel in business class with the airline that offers better inflight service than his home carrier.

Dear alleged baker / airline employee,

People who always travel in business class do not brag about it as often as they can. Instead, they write a beatiful trip report with equally awesome pictures to document the flight, cabin, lounge, seats, catering etc and write very constructive / objective critiques and praises about the trip.

Anyway back to the topic. You know being the FIRST AIRLINE in the WORLD to operate such a prestigious aircraft does indeed have their pitfalls. For one, every snag is magnified and scrutinised not only by the industry, but by the media as well. And we all know how the media tend to sensationalize stories and they are not exactly the proper people in the know about aviation sometimes and tend to get facts all wrong like describing an aircraft calling it a Boeing Jumbo MD11, for instance. Snags happen everyday to other aircraft types as well like the 777s (we have seen more than a handful lately) and are pretty run-on-the-mill occurrences in airline flight ops.

I don't know about MAS but at SQ (as I remembered), there is a monthly publication on aircraft SNAGS complied for the last few weeks detailing the rego, the problem and what was done to rectify it. Reading it just de-densitizes you to the everyday seemingly mundane occurences and it is A LOT! Therefore, the only reason this is garnering attention is simply because it is an A380, nothing more. That being said, since the number in the fleet is only 3, it also leads to a very unfair high percentage of a/c u/s downtime. 33% minimum!

Interestingly, I got an instant message from an alleged BAKER that now since SQ was facing so much problems with the A380, bankruptcy was a possibility. Just comes to show that a baker should seriously remain in their field and not be like the press, and have their facts all wrong most of the time.

Guest Michael

Yeh SIA is going to lose out eventually to MAS because MAS will remain cheaper than SIA over time and become more competitive with new aircraft.

Hey, cummon guys. I hope you don't mind me saying this but the thread is turning into a petty schoolyard fight of words. This board should be about enjoying a hobby, so let's lighten up and stop picking on Ryan. Out of the last 10 posts he's the one voice of reason, don't pick on him because of his location, you should be all above that!

Personally I can't wait for my first chance to fly on an A380, and I won't be too fussed what colours are worn on the outside either.

This smiley says it all....cheers :drinks:

Yeh SIA is going to lose out eventually to MAS because MAS will remain cheaper than SIA over time and become more competitive with new aircraft.

Oh no... How? How? How??? What will I do without my beloved national carrier? How??? :huh:

Hey, cummon guys. I hope you don't mind me saying this but the thread is turning into a petty schoolyard fight of words. This board should be about enjoying a hobby, so let's lighten up and stop picking on Ryan. Out of the last 10 posts he's the one voice of reason, don't pick on him because of his location, you should be all above that!

Hey Steve, don't worry about it. No one is really picking on me but there is just this one thorn in MW that is intent of derailing anything related to SQ and putting MH up on a pedestal with no ryhme, reason or objectivity. All he comes up with are one liners because that is really all he is capable of.

Brilliantly "hey" ! :)

Was that some confidential eventual long term strategy of Idris (Datuk IJ to the rest of us mind you) which was shared during your recent visit to Subang Complex B ?

So, when SQ eventually loses out to MH, there will have to dispose of their dugongs, and MH will be in prime position to snap them up for a song - that is why MH's order remains at 6 units despite 'compensation' (alleged) from Airbus, and fact that most airlines that have settled compensation issue with Airbus so far have taken up more orders of the dugong

Absolutely brilliantly "hey" move by Idris, yeh ?! :spiteful:

So insightful and makes so much business sense! :rolleyes: Idris should engage you as his personal advisor (if he hasn't already done so).

Coming back to something that is more up your alley, has the price of flour and poor blue-berries harvest affected the cost of muffins lately? Will blue-berry muffins become more popular over time?? Please enlighten us.

:rofl: :rofl: would that not be going OT somewhat ?! :rofl:

Coming back to something that is more up your alley, has the price of flour and poor blue-berries harvest affected the cost of muffins lately? Will blue-berry muffins become more popular over time?? Please enlighten us.

btw, you really interested in blue-berry muffins futures market ? :p