MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min

This is bad

Not the first..so much for the rosy view everyone sits and gazes at..

Singaporean!!.. Always MarFan Wan...

Whoa... becareful what you say dude. That's not a very nice comment.

Don't be a flamebait... :rolleyes:

Singaporean!!.. Always MarFan Wan...

Hello... Singaporean here ah! <_>

Eh come one lah, if we are not "marfan" then where is the fun? Otherwise without these cross-border disputes life would be utterly boring in this ultra sterile island nation of mine. I got nothing to bitch about Malaysia, Malaysia has nothing to bitch about us.

It is ok lah. Sensitive as this may be, I am a cool person so flamebait or not, I won't be doing the "flaming". I am not sure about the other Singaporeans though!

Ryan

Fully agree with Ryan Soh . . . we all must learn to laugh at ourselves. Every one has his/her flaws and Singapore has many "uniquely Singapore-ean" traits that makes us the laughing stock of the world (not just for Malaysians). So we learn to accept that with a laugh.

What is most important is that such remarks are objective and are made with a firm grip on the broader issues . . . then it's OK.

In extolling one's attributes, it is not necessary to run down others.

So let the debate carry on . . . I personally wish to see MAS re-visit the BTP and stringently implement the streamlining of the network based on economic returns - and not "prestige" - and then putting in a clear plan for fleet renewal. At today's oil price - already touching US$104 per barrel yesterday - it cannot be wise to operate the fleet that MAS now has compared to its competitors. You can imagine what one would discover if you compare the cost of bringing one passenger from KUL to LHR on its B744 compared to bring one passenger from SIN to LHR on SIA's A380 (not to mention the fare that is charged, comfort level, passenger appeal, bragging rights for the paxs etc). And I think MH must also carry out a re-branding exercise - BUT retaining the wau logo. Malaysia has so many design elements that could make the airplanes of MAS look absolutely fabulous . . . when I went to Terengganu last December and had the opportunity to visit a very good kite-maker, I saw some truly beautiful kites that could certainly inspire the designers to come up with a very beautiful and stunning livery for MAS. If MAS were to be looking for a new corporate image, I hope that it does not make the mistake of paying millions for a foreign company located far away to do the job when people right in its midst are more familiar with all the design elements and could probably do the job better at a far lower price.

KC Sim

From the wrong side of the causeway, scenic / cynic bridge . . . and now (yes laugh) the land with the famous toilet break.

Edited by KC Sim

Guest Michael

SQ is not as good as it once was I don't think, now them and CX have removed champagne for business class pax I found that out on Cathay last night when I was cleaning the FA told me it was cost cutting measure.

SQ is not as good as it once was I don't think, now them and CX have removed champagne for business class pax I found that out on Cathay last night when I was cleaning the FA told me it was cost cutting measure.

And now we enter the realm of fantasy....

Whilst there have been cost cutting measures at both airlines (more so Cathay), champagne is still alive and well in JCL on both airlines. Charles Heidsieck for SQ, Billecart-Salmon or Deutz for CX.

Edited by Keith T

ok, stop bitching, let's PLAYSAFE, SIA doing good right now, but MAS quite behind, good on SIA, well, MAS should learn from neighbours of what they did, not to envy ppl, so, i MAS had financial problem before but i dont know now. plus, MAS cant really compete with SIA cos they have a lot of money than MAS. WHY? cos S'pore is a small Country, easy to manage. compare it to M'sia, big but too many to manage. no wonder S'pore ordered so many A380, if im not mistaken 19? 20? but hey, from now on, MAS should study how a380 works. Monitor it from SIA, see what's the most problem A380 have and weakness. look at the interior, MAS should think ahead, design something better and advance than SIA had. i know MAS have to wait but study a380 from SIA while waiting to get one. so things like this MAS should do. dont struggle to get name out of the world. the conclusion is, MAS shouldnt sit and see, ACT laaaa lembab! UPDATE sket.. buat malu jaa

At least MAS is still doing well.

Ummmm...you might want to explain the "doing well" part on behalf of those people in MAS why the size of the steak is pathetic right now compared to last time and with the history of loading up to "9 bottles of dom perignon" per flight has been reduced to 3 bottles per flight till "sometimes" they have to tell their passengers "I'm sorry sir/mdm , we have ran out of champagne mind me replacing you with something else?" :drinks:

And to how everything has been running so far, i see MAS more like follower than being a competitive leader in the airline industry.

As this question has been raised most of the time i believed " Why AA can do it and why can't we?"lol.....

Edited by FK Wong

Sign in to follow this