MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sulhan _

MAS MD-11????

Just want to know, now so rarely n so hard to see MAS MD-11 fly trought our airspace, r MAS still used this type of MD-11?

nope all MD-11s have left the MAS fleet.

11073[/snapback]

Yeah ... unfortunately. Anyway Sulhan, we might see the M11 flying into KUL again if AY really comes here one day tongue.gif

Guest Fendy
Yeah ... unfortunately. Anyway Sulhan, we might see the M11 flying into KUL again if AY really comes here one day  tongue.gif

11077[/snapback]

we have fedex and occassionally TG wink.gif

Yeah ... unfortunately. Anyway Sulhan, we might see the M11 flying into KUL again if AY really comes here one day  tongue.gif

11077[/snapback]

I'm really like it this MD-11, since this this aircraft is out of service.Very sad sad.gif

None of those MD-11s ever used by MH were 9M-registered right? All were N27xWA or something?

ABout MD11s coming to KUL, don't forget Transmile! smile.gif

Edited by H Azmal

MAS MD-11 was hired from World airways right?

wish i could get my hands on the safety cards..hehehe

yeah....lets hope that Finnair will fly to KUL soon...

that might just add up another MD-11 here in KUL..

Correct, MD-11s pax and MD-11Fs were leased from World Airways. As I have stated here before. There was a gap between MAS' aging DC-10-30s and the A330-322s MAS ordered. So MAS leased in the MD-11s to cover this gap. Not to mention that the delay caused by the first PW powered Airbus A330-300 accident at Airbus.

Saw Transmile MD-11F and Air Hong Kong A300 (in DHL livery) at the cargo terminal of VHHH/HKG yesterday. CI's 747-409 was parked next to our MAS 772ER 9M-MRN. A few Dragonair A330s and a lot of CX's metals. Also a Qantas A330-300.

There is a pure-white 747-400 (PW powered) sitting at the remote stand of Chek Lap Kok airport, I suspect it may have been SQ's ex-747-412 waiting to be flown to Xiamen HAECO for conversion to Cathay Pacific's standard.

Edited by S V Choong

is SQ really going 744-less fleet direction?

Probably not in the short term, but in long term, yes! I think the 773ER or 77W pretty much replaces the 744 at SQ.

Probably not in the short term, but in long term, yes!  I think the 773ER or 77W pretty much replaces the 744 at SQ.

11154[/snapback]

SQ 744 will be replaced by a mix of 77W and 388. SQ 744 will all be OUT by 2007 (planned).

My goodness, that will be an end to a chapter !

Imagine the world without SQ 747 somewhere - will have to realign perspective in life !!

Next I suppose may be a world without MH 737 - see what I mean ?

My goodness, that will be an end to a chapter !

Imagine the world without SQ 747 somewhere - will have to realign perspective in life !!

Next I suppose may be a world without MH 737 - see what I mean ?

11375[/snapback]

Bing Chu, SQ will still have 747 in service for many years to come (freighter) smile.gif

MD-11 is MH livery Cool but it look more Amazing in Transmile livery.. biggrin.gif Amazing Aircraft.. The Swan of the Sky.

Sign in to follow this