MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Teh

World's biggest passenger plane in Singapore ground mishap

I believe the pushback truck is under the airport’s authority and therefore fingers will be pointing that way when the blame game starts?

This is not a very good time to be driving the new aircraft in the mud.

I believe the pushback truck is under the airport’s authority and therefore fingers will be pointing that way when the blame game starts?

Maybe can learn something from this latest incident.

Planes Leaving Gates Collide at San Francisco Airport

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/us/15plane.html?ref=us

FAA investigators examine slow-speed jet collision at SFO

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...5/BAFVUF5HS.DTL

This is not a very good time to be driving the new aircraft in the mud.

I believe there is never a good time to be driving an aircraft of any description in mud ! :)

if the plane is not powered by its own. Meaning the engines are not turned on, then there's no hydraulics to power the brakes on bored.

When the aircraft is static with engines off. Normally the parking brakes will not work without the hydraulics, so you would see wooden stoppers in

between the wheels.

Allow me to add on here...

Actually, when aircraft power is off, yes, brakes can operate, but with limitations. Initially, the hyd pump must operate to produce some pressure which will be stored in the accumulator. Once power is off, the accumulator still holds pressurized hyd fluid, 3000 psi for instance. I think the A380 is using 5000 psi (correct me if i'm wrong).

Like on a 737, when accumulator is pressurized and power shut down, one can only apply brakes for 5 or 6 times (dont remember 5 or 6, but its something like that) before the accumulator unpressurizes. Once unpressurized, brakes are not working and the only way to pressurize the accumulator again is by powering up the hyd pump again.

Anyway, what an incident. Thank God no one was injured.

:rofl:

didnt know something that at 1st glense looks minor can be actually cause some other major incidents......lucky the grass was there..imagine it going freely and crashing slowly to other birds around.. :blink:

Sign in to follow this