MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nabiel Haniff

Why MAS Cadet Requirement Easy than AirAsia Cadet?

Hi...

I just read for AirAsia cadet requirement and MAS requirement...

Both of requirement for cadets as follows:

AirAsia Cadet :

* Malaysian citizen, aged between 18 and 28 as at date of application.

* Either:

1. Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

2. Possess a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects mentioned above taken in one sitting.

* Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both written and spoken.

* Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6 and not colour blind. Should be able to successfully pass a medical examination up to a Class 1 standard conducted by a Department of Civil Aviation Authorised Medical Examiner (DAME).

* Minimum height of 163 cm (5ft 3in).

* Be prepared to sign a training bond with a surety.

MAS Cadet :

* Malaysian citizen, age between 18 to 30 years old (as at date of application)

-Qualification :

1. Must possess Malaysian ATPL or Malaysian CPL/IR with Frozen ATPL and obtained a minimum Aviation English Level 4

2. Pass SPM or its equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government with 6 credits including Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics, Physics or General Science taken at one sitting OR

3. Possess Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above AND 6 credits with a pass in Bahasa Malaysia in SPM

3. Candidates who has completed all ground school examination is also eligible to apply

4. Recommendation letter from flying school would be an added advantage

5. Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English

6. Medically and physically fit with good eyesight and not colour blind

Not less than 163 cm (5ft 4in) in height

** Is it AirAsia cadet just need 3 Subject only and must get at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in physics??

Thanks... :D

i think the reason is..maybe..just maybe..

mas have more funds to provide training for their cadet..

so they still can accept a lot of candidates with diff results..

n maybe..they have better methods in selecting their cadets so its not only depends on spm result..

my 2 cents view..

Aiiyyooo how_do_they_do_it... sebelum masuk tak tengok kiri-kanan ke weii...

Nama apa,bro? Nama?

aiseyh sorry to all of you ...already take precaution before crossing the road..look left n right..

but ..haha

just send pm to admin to change my nick..i thought our nick will be displayed..

my name is ridzuan rahim.

ordinary person

The requirement more or less are the same. Now, there's no more credit in SPM since the introduction of open cert. So credit meaning C6 equivalent to B4...which doesn't make any different.

Anyway, Air Asia pilot must be able to count faster since their transit time is shorter :p

Now Everyone Can Fly....

I still remember Tony press interview... He has offered few seat to his employee in all sector an oppoturnity becoming a pilot. 1 guy that previously work to load and unload bags from plane, now is a pilot with AirAsia. :blink:

Acedemic qualification maybe needed, but in AirAsia maybe they need peoples with eager to becoming a pilot, as they may be squeeze to fly their plane. That is why I thing... one of the requirment is people with young heart :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this