MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nik H.

Charter Flight: MW Photographer Wanted

There will be a Charter Flight program for a Nissan Incentive Group on the third week of this month.

I have spoken to Capt Radzi Desa, a B737-400 Commander, also an active MW forummer and he has agreed to operate the flight.

I am opening at least one seat for an MW photographer to chronicle the flight and the following should be covered;

a. Tech Crew Check-in and dispatch activity at MH Flight Management Building

b. Cabin Crew Pre Flight Briefing.

c. Cockpit Pre Flight Check

d. Cabin Pre Flight Check

e. Cabin service Shots.

f. In Flight Shots.

g. Post Flight Briefing.

The sectors will be as follows;

Date : Monday, 26th November 2007, Daylight Operations.

a. KUL - PEN ( ferry but will be opened for commercial sale; expect a light load. )

b. PEN - LGK ( Charter Flight )

c. LGK - KUL ( Ferry Flight; but will be opened for commercial sale; expect a light load )

The interested photographer must have the ability to shoot photos of an acceptable quality as the photos will be distributed to the Charter passengers.

Conditions;

a. Photographs must not be posted in any public domain website without agreement from this office.

b. Passport must be carried and must have 6 month validity.

c. Adherence to instructions of the aircraft commander.

d. Any expenditure brought about by unforseen delay shall be borne by the volunteer.

Please reply via this thread or via PM.

Regards.

Edited by Nik H.

The interested photographer must have the ability to shoot photos of an acceptable quality as the photos will be distributed to the Charter passengers.

Alamak, guess i'm out of the question! :rofl:

I failed at part 'B' of the condition... :p :p

Will try to 'gain' the privilage soon but don't think could make it by 26th November. :(

Anyway.... there are a few good photo-journalist (or on the way to the mark)

among us here that could take this challenge...

Thanks for the offer to MWingers, Capt Nik,

hope could do one next round.. ;)

26th or 23rd?

Anyway Norm, passport will only take one day to do / renew.

26th or 23rd?

Anyway Norm, passport will only take one day to do / renew.

Yes, come to Shah Alam. Submit around 9am weekday, same afternoon can collect oredi. No excuse, Mr Norman!

Yes, come to Shah Alam. Submit around 9am weekday, same afternoon can collect oredi. No excuse, Mr Norman!

I know... I know... BUT... heheheh :pardon:

26th or 23rd?Anyway Norm, passport will only take one day to do / renew.
Crewing informed for crew change on the 23rd. Check your memo.
I know... I know... BUT... heheheh :pardon:
Ok Jom, just renew your passport and Radzi's your Capt. Passport renewal can be done near my office, then e can have TT at my office.

Crewing informed for crew change on the 23rd. Check your memo.Ok Jom, just renew your passport and Radzi's your Capt. Passport renewal can be done near my office, then e can have TT at my office.

Ahem, can I tag along as Capt Radzi's bag carrier? 71.gif

Beside picture, could anybody take a video like the Just Planes ..(documentary)

It is not easy to find a flight video for especially for the local one

Beside picture, could anybody take a video like the Just Planes ..(documentary)

It is not easy to find a flight video for especially for the local one

I've done a few videos of Charter flights that covers from start to finish. I've shot a video of the Michael Jackson and friends Charter from SEL to MUC and SPB Agong's trip on the Mastar. However they are of home production quality.

I'd like to post it but its more than 10 minutes, exceeding the allowable on video hosting websites.

Wow, use Rapidshare ...

It's really interesting to have these video in my collection

Edited by Nizam

Wow, use Rapidshare ...

It's really interesting to have these video in my collection

Are you sure you wanna watch home video footages? Like Nik, I also did a lot of home videos (since 2001, initially Sony, then Canon miniDV cams), and put them on DVDs. Editing the raw video was a real chore and challenge (I used Adobe Premiere, & the much simpler Sonic MyDVD). To make things interesting, there must be title, captions, soundtracks, transitions, etc, but I noticed however well I authored the DVDs, anything more than 15min would make viewers lose interest. So I quit vids and focused on still images. :)

Now I appreciate how creative those professionals are and how much effort they put into their documentaries, as shown on Discovery or NGEO.

I should kick myself in the foot for offering to Capt Nik to become photo volunteer and then when the window of opportunity opens, I'm not being prepared at all.

However you've motivated me to prepare for future opportunity. Hopefully in 2008 when I'm making a career change. Anyway, thanks Capt for the invitation here and sorry again for not being up for the challenge.

Sign in to follow this