MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Maniselvan

A319 ACJ

The only Civilian Reg 9M-NAA, Taxy in and out of Airforce base ......Use by our Malaysian Gov but Civilian crew and maintain by civilian as well.......

You know how much are the pilots being paid to fly that aircraft?Rumor mill says that Capts are paid RM$38K a month whether they fly or not.The Malaysian Goverment leases the airplane on long term lease,paying the owner at RM $2 million a month for 15 years.

You know how much are the pilots being paid to fly that aircraft?Rumor mill says that Capts are paid RM$38K a month whether they fly or not.The Malaysian Goverment leases the airplane on long term lease,paying the owner at RM $2 million a month for 15 years.

Woah..like EK Captain only...

too bad kena whack tax... :rofl:

if the rumour mills is true, then the present government has a lot of explanation to do to the rakyat especially when taxpayers money are being spend unscrupulously on unnecessary item. with the general election around the corner, this issue sure's going to heat up somebodies ass.

What... 38K per month, fly or not,... so gaji butak one kah??!!!! I will make sure the pilot gets my bigma on his face right on~!!!!!! <_>

RM2 million x 12 months x 15 years = RM360 million!

How much is it for brand new a/c???? :help:

I don't know about the ACJ, but for comparison the Boeing Business Jet was intially sold (at a discount for first few customers) at USD30.5 million, later increased upwards of USD32 million in green form.... no furnishings etc (source Norris and Wagner, Modern Boeing Jetliners).

Assuming the ACJ is about the same or near BBJ's price..... after all they are for the same market..... then this amount can buy 3 ACJs.

Emmmm.... someone is going to be rich!

What... 38K per month, fly or not,... so gaji butak one kah??!!!! I will make sure the pilot gets my bigma on his face right on~!!!!!! <_>

don't go get the pilot face, go get the faces of people who pay the pilot...that's worth even more my friend. :nea:

This is a good thread, again very educational to me in more ways than one.

Here's my opinion, which I consider fair and unpolitical. What I write is based on the little facts I know, and the first hand experience 'playing' with this sort of aircraft. I also know the Pilot well, as I'm sure a few people here do too. In fact, I met him at the TUDM departure lounge when PM and DPM visited the Charter Jumbo that was carrying Malcon 1 bound for Beirut last Monday.

PM visiting the B747 Charter aircraft before leaving on the ACJ.

paklah.jpg]

The ACJ in question, viewed from the Charter Jumbo Door 1L.

paklahplane.jpg

ACJ will not be more than USD 55 M fully furnished RTF.

IF and that's a very big IF it is true the Govt is paying RM2M a month, then it may sound expensive, but then again, is it on ACMI + Op Cost basis? Terms and conditions needs to be confirmed as one has to be very brave to put figures based on third hand information and pass comments that alludes to wrongdoing or competency.

Under certain circumstances, it may be cheap.

As to the pilot pay issue, paying him RM38K is very OK considering the skill and experience level required to fly our PM around. He brings home only RM25K after the taxman takes his cut. The same pilot will draw easily RM50 K taxfree if he walks to EK, which I know he can.

When he's not flying, I don't think he 'goyang kaki' as he is on constant standby. There's a good chance that he'll be involved in other duties as well, such as Flight preparation, planning and also post flight clean-up. Only a 'brave' person can say he's earning Gaji Buta.

There are significant differences between Airline Pilots and Corporate / VIP pilots.

He does not have a roster, nor a proper FTL as we know it. He has no union that takes care of his welfare, and he can be made redundant quite easily. He does not have travel benefits and lots of other privileges the airline pilot takes for granted.

I am not in support of the ACJ, nor is against it, but having 'Been There, Done That' my take on the subject is that there are many other ways to do it better.

I hope my comments above can be seen as factual and fair, and hope fellow forumers will also be fair and factual, so as to avoid the 'Pee in the Wind' syndrome.

Cheers

I don't know about the ACJ, but for comparison the Boeing Business Jet was intially sold (at a discount for first few customers) at USD30.5 million, later increased upwards of USD32 million in green form.... no furnishings etc (source Norris and Wagner, Modern Boeing Jetliners).

Assuming the ACJ is about the same or near BBJ's price..... after all they are for the same market..... then this amount can buy 3 ACJs.

Emmmm.... someone is going to be rich!

Funny, I thought the Gov all learnt maths.... why do that when they can buy brand new???? <_>

But then again, at least I will get to spot IT one day soooner or later,.... :drinks: :spiteful:

Edited by Ignatius

When he's not flying, I don't think he 'goyang kaki' as he is on constant standby. There's a good chance that he'll be involved in other duties as well, such as Flight preparation, planning and also post flight clean-up. Only a 'brave' person can say he's earning Gaji Buta.

Yup.. Even the engineers clean the aircraft themselves..

well...harsh reality here...

but when airline pilots are on leave...or..CUTI...they're NOT flying... :pardon:

but still earning their gaji.. :rolleyes:

does that mean they also gaji buta? :blink:

This is a good thread, again very educational to me in more ways than one.

Here's my opinion, which I consider fair and unpolitical. What I write is based on the little facts I know, and the first hand experience 'playing' with this sort of aircraft. I also know the Pilot well, as I'm sure a few people here do too. In fact, I met him at the TUDM departure lounge when PM and DPM visited the Charter Jumbo that was carrying Malcon 1 bound for Beirut last Monday.

PM visiting the B747 Charter aircraft before leaving on the ACJ.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nikhuzlan/paklah.jpg]

The ACJ in question, viewed from the Charter Jumbo Door 1L.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k229/nik...paklahplane.jpg

ACJ will not be more than USD 55 M fully furnished RTF.

IF and that's a very big IF it is true the Govt is paying RM2M a month, then it may sound expensive, but then again, is it on ACMI + Op Cost basis? Terms and conditions needs to be confirmed as one has to be very brave to put figures based on third hand information and pass comments that alludes to wrongdoing or competency.

Under certain circumstances, it may be cheap.

As to the pilot pay issue, paying him RM38K is very OK considering the skill and experience level required to fly our PM around. He brings home only RM25K after the taxman takes his cut. The same pilot will draw easily RM50 K taxfree if he walks to EK, which I know he can.

There are significant differences between Airline Pilots and Corporate / VIP pilots.

He does not have a roster, nor a proper FTL as we know it. He has no union that takes care of his welfare, and he can be made redundant quite easily. He does not have travel benefits and lots of other privileges the airline pilot takes for granted.

I am not in support of the ACJ, nor is against it, but having 'Been There, Done That' my take on the subject is that there are many other ways to do it better.

I hope my comments above can be seen as factual and fair, and hope fellow forumers will also be fair and factual, so as to avoid the 'Pee in the Wind' syndrome.

Cheers

Nik, more photos please of the PM visit.

The charter B747-400, interior look like the old configuration.

i think, only DPM visited the Charter Jumbo, because PM have 2 day visit to terengganu and pahang to lauch ECER

Thanks a lot for sharing these pictures, Nik !!! :drinks:

First time ever for me to see MH Charter uniform :pardon:

i think, only DPM visited the Charter Jumbo, because PM have 2 day visit .....

Unless I'm very much mistaken, picture shows Pak Lah (PM) entering "Charter Jumbo" DPM (Najib) no where in sight (yet) ! :pardon:

Edited by BC Tam

Sign in to follow this