MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
M. Sofian H.

MAS will reduce ticket price 5% until 7% in next 5 year

Huh MH will reduce price in next 5 year...

according from media statement,

last year MH cut the cost operation until RM655 million (CONGRATS)

but it will effect the MH star....

Easily done.

Step 1: Increase Admin Fee

Step 2: Increase Fuel Surcharge

Step 3: Increase excess baggage rate per kg

Step 4: Increase ticket penalty rate for cancelled trip per sector

Step 5: Increase refund fee for refund requests

Step 6: Reduce base fare between 5% - 7%

And continue to make more money like never before.

You can add

Step 7: Stirctly enforce excess baggage rules

Step 8: Downgrade food quality and quantity

add more

step 9: wash the aircraf twice per/year

Is this true? I saw an interesting advert of Singapore Airlines recently saying that they wash their planes very often because clean plane is more fuel efficient. Any scientific prove on this?

Just 2 things:

1) 5%-7% too little.

2) Does he really have 5 years?

Is this true? I saw an interesting advert of Singapore Airlines recently saying that they wash their planes very often because clean plane is more fuel efficient. Any scientific prove on this?

I believe this because a dirty plane will have 'dirt' on its body and wings which can cause drag. Drag is minimized (hence fuel-saving) if the exterior of the plane is as smooth as possible.

Edited by Naim

I may sound as Idealist but..

MH used to have a multi billion Ringgit losses a year. The previous business model is not functioning with MH business model. Now by increasing the mentioned item it allows MH to get rid some of its financial burden and recheck their operating foundation, allow rooms for expansion and the most important of all it bring MH financial situation back to healthy. It is important for MH to impress their investors first rather than be popular. Maybe it is a short term profit (by short term I mean 5 years planning). To remain profit of course a lot more to be done.

I believe if MH financial is not healthy, no Bankers will invest in them due to lack of action taken to prevent MH losses. If MH were to keep business model it adopt previously then MH should have been declared Bankrupt years ago. As a Malaysian although we have AirAsia to be proud of, but if MH going bankrupt or were sold to foreigners all Malaysian aviation enthusiast should be mourning.

Singaporean may be proud of it SQ, not only it is profitable but it is run by their own.

Can UAE people say the same with EK?

So If you are the MH CEO who inherit 100 billion losses. What would you have done? If I am, I think, I'd do the same with IJ. Of course like being said everybody can do it but it seems only IJ who really have done it.

Just 2 things:

1) 5%-7% too little.

2) Does he really have 5 years?

Excellent point 2 there!! That was what in my mind!!

Still want to wait another 5 year to reduce the 5%-7%???? That mean average they reduce 1% per year !!! Wah so much :blink: !!!! I think better after 10 year they straightly announce reduce 10% is better to listen it <_ .>

Just checked MH online just now, and discovered that the RM57 tax, fees and surcharges for travel within peninsular per sector has been reduced to RM56. Hmm.... is that the 'cheaper fares' IJ was talking about? But then base fare remains in this case.

MH can play around with the tax, fees and surcharges thing as and when they like, and perhaps make pax think they are getting a great deal from the kind folks at MAS. I can't be bothered anymore really. AK 100% Airbus, I fly 100% AK from 2008.

Edited by Rozhan

Just checked MH online just now, and discovered that the RM57 tax, fees and surcharges for travel within peninsular per sector has been reduced to RM56. Hmm.... is that the 'cheaper fares' IJ was talking about? But then base fare remains in this case.

MH can play around with the tax, fees and surcharges thing as and when they like, and perhaps make pax think they are getting a great deal from the kind folks at MAS. I can't be bothered anymore really. AK 100% Airbus, I fly 100% AK from 2008.

Some of the taxes and/or fuel fines are elastic and can change on a daily basis. I don't know which ones, but whenever I make bookings via travel agents they'd have to re-calculate tax/fuel etc on the day I want to issue the ticket.

Yes. But increase by RM11 within 3 months, and down by RM1 today. Still a 1000% increase compared to AK's mere RM1 throughout the year thus far.

MH is never known to reduce surcharge, at least going by their statement some time ago that surcharge will be reviewed only if fuel prices goes down by a certain amout of RM on a sustained basis for a few months.

I guess they realised they have charged pax way too much, but so little in compensation in the end.

So If you are the MH CEO who inherit 100 billion losses. What would you have done? If I am, I think, I'd do the same with IJ. Of course like being said everybody can do it but it seems only IJ who really have done it.

Have to agree here with Jessnor; at least he has the 'guts' to turn-around MH and make it profitable...

Look at BA: they went thru an enormous cost-savings plan, retiring loads and loads of staff...at least, they do make a good amount of profit now...same with KL or QF for that matter...

Cut away the fat from the meat, so to say :pardon:

One day, MH will "climb out of the pit" again...

Sign in to follow this