MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

ex-MAS Fokker 50s

When ATR's arrive for Firefly, will the two F50's come over to help out in Borneo ?

Enthusiastically hopeful that they do :p

Enthusiastically hopeful that they do :p

i simply don expect this will happen in NEAR future. since FireFly also need more aircraft for their expansion plan. ie, new routes, increase frequency. :pardon:

Will the ATR 72 for FY be a leased in a/c?

By the way, on the 1st page of this forum seems like only SV Choong and Adrian are chatting to each other, sounds likea lover, just kidding

Thats showed how much we love the F-27 and F-50 ;)

Radzi, here is the story....

I recalled spotting one of the photos taken by my late father who transported a Fokker F-27 on one of the barges, I was only about 8-10 years old at that time. I can remember clearly it was a Fokker F-27 in complete white colour. I can't remember the rego and there is no way for me to tell whether it was MAS. I wasn't told about the story why the F-27 needs to be transported on a barge when it can fly by itself.

Thanks, SV. Quite an interesting story. Any idea where it comes from and where it goes to? Maybe it was grounded beyond repair and had to be transported back to base; a barge would be the only option, assuming it was in Tawau.

I don't know Radzi, my father only told me very minimal story about it. I don't think he could be bothered telling a whole load of story to a young kid at that time :) His business actually involves around the whole Sabah. It could be from Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, Tawau or Lahad Datu. Prime suspect is why is it in all white livery if it belongs to MH and I remember the bird is not "injured" in anyway.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this