MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Louis L.

Ryanair Caught Napping... :blink:

stumble upon this video at youtube.....reporters actually secrectly filmed what they claim the " real" side of ryanair....

if it is real...i am not sure whether most of the low cost carrier did the same thing or it is just Ryanair :pardon:

what your opinion??

Edited by Louis L.

well, this 'film' has been around for quite some time.. wouldnt be too surprise, like they all says you get what you pay for. There's always another alternative ie BA, Virgin etc etc... so choose what matters for you. Safe or Money.

which either way gets you from A - B.

There's always another alternative ie BA, Virgin etc etc... so choose what matters for you. Safe or Money.

i hope what u meant is by not choosing ryanair u still got ba...virgin and etc...

and not by choosing ak...u got mh ,,,firefly and etc :p

glad to hear tat from u desmond....i know sometimes we cannot just blindly believe on some documentaries since maybe, just maybe they want to simply condemn on something or making one's reputation to fell down to the earth's crator :girl_devil:

just wanted to know whether RyanAir and other LCC actually operates like tat...

worried :o .....coz i always fly with ak ^_^

Edited by Louis L.

hahaha, dont be so worry ya Louis. For a company to get the license to operate a huge airline is hard. Even more harder to maintain that airworthiness. Logicaly, with what TF is doing at AK, I don't think he will want to risk all, his brand name investment, etc etc...

Yup there might be a few hicups but so far no serious fatality. But if you were to look into it, remember the SilkAir tragedy? SIA is such a huge organization still...... things happen.

Well, if you decided to go on holiday on AK... please do enjoy it. The view, the cabin crew, the a320.. there's alot of things for you to enjoy instead of looking on its air worthiness. Its just the way you would look into it. I'm 120% sure that the pilots and the management should and must be more afraid then you, so sit back and enjoy your flight :D

Edited by Alex Oh

^_^ ..yeah alex..i do enjoy the brand new a320...it felt much more comfy and much more space(since i am not small :p ) when comparing to mh's 734.....

ak has always been my choice(obviously..the PRICE ;) )...not for vacation..mainly for going back to sabah when my trimester break commence....

..... For a company to get the license to operate a huge airline is hard. Even more harder to maintain that airworthiness .....

Generally true, but in Malaysia semua Boleh ! :)

Generally true, but in Malaysia semua Boleh ! :)

<_ ..i smell the word like got hidden meaning only... sense la...no offence.. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">

:rofl:

yalar ....like u all said...MALAYSIA BOLEH..apa apa pun boleh...hehehe

Some more (positive this time) news of Ryanair:

Ryanair To Launch 70 New Routes In October

October 2, 2007

Irish budget airline Ryanair said on Tuesday it would launch 70 new routes across Europe in October.

The firm said it would launch new routes from Barcelona, Dublin, Dusseldorf, East Midlands (central England), Liverpool, Madrid, Pisa and Stockholm, and open two new bases in Belfast and Valencia.

A spokesman said the airline now had 556 routes and that the 70 new ones included a few reopened for the winter season.

"Most of it is growth," he said of the 14 percent expansion in Ryanair's route network.

(Reuters)

but...................

Aer Lingus Asks EU To Order Ryanair Stake Cut

October 3, 2007

Irish airline Aer Lingus has asked the European Commission to consider ordering rival budget airline Ryanair to reduce its stake in the flag carrier, a Commission spokesman said.

Competition experts say the issue provides a test case of whether the European Union regulator has the power to order a company to reduce its stake in a rival which is a takeover target, and the outcome may have far-reaching implications.

"I can confirm we have received a notice about failure to act and we will reply by October 17," Commission spokesman Jonathan Todd said. He gave no details.

The Commission, which has the exclusive power to regulate large mergers, blocked Ryanair's takeover bid for Aer Lingus in June, citing a threat to competition at Dublin Airport, especially on routes to London.

At the time, the Brussels EU executive said it believed it did not have the legal competence to order Ryanair to reduce its 25 percent stake in Aer Lingus.

Ryanair, Europe's biggest low-cost airline, has since bought a further 4 percent to bring its total holding in its rival to more than 29.4 percent, close to the 30 percent threshold which would trigger an obligation to launch an offer for the entire capital.

It has used its stake to try to force an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) of shareholders to block plans by Aer Lingus to transfer valuable slots at London's Heathrow Airport from Shannon Airport in western Ireland to Belfast.

An Aer Lingus spokesman said: "It is true that Aer Lingus is in active discussions with the Commission but it would not be appropriate to comment further at this stage."

Ryanair has appealed against the Commission's veto of the merger to the EU Court of First Instance.

A Ryanair spokeswoman said in response to the latest Aer Lingus move: "Given that the board of Aer Lingus has recently broken Irish company law by twice rejecting Ryanair's request for an EGM, it would be impossible for Aer Lingus to claim that we have any influence or control over Aer Lingus."

One Brussels-based competition expert, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Aer Lingus's complaint put the Commission in a stronger position, especially if the flag carrier challenged its failure to act in the European courts.

"If they (the Commission) lose the case, then they get more power. So it's a win-win situation for them," he said.

(Reuters)

Sign in to follow this