MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

Spotting at KLIA With Norman , Nizam and Imran

free ma give me some laaaaaa

930[/snapback]

if gavin is around, you may not stand a chance. not even smelling it..........hahahahahahahahahahah..................

hi liau......good to hear.

why dont you join us for spotting. if you want, let us know. you can pm me if you wish. cheers!!!

Sorry to miss most of this here, as it's all in BM :o

Sorry to miss most of this here, as it's all in BM  :o

954[/snapback]

ooooopppsss. pardon me pieter for getting too excited sometimes. and thanx for reminding us. i shall consistently write my comments from now on in english. cheers bro and forgive me for your inconvinience.

Azahan,

Thanks for the comments...

I'm still learning with this new hobby

as well as trying to understand the digicam...

The Xiamen was beginner's luck, I think :p

Didn't expect it appear in one of the shots...

Most other shots are worst than the CX... :p

The FZ5 burst mode suppose to be 3-4 shots/sec,

but it didn't work that day... more like 1/sec

plus the delay of writing to the SD card (got highspeed Panasonic one)

Maybe some other settings affecting it...

BTW I still like the cam's zoom power and Mega image stabiliser

These are great for RM1550 digicam...

As for A.net.... will check it out... ;)

--

Hi there everyone. This is my first post here on MalaysianWings Forum.

These are my photos on my solo spotting at 14L and soon photos during spotting with Azahan, Imran, Norman (with family) and Nizam on the 3rd of July 2005.

9M-MKU

9M_MKU_Landing1_1.jpg

JAL_Landing2_1.jpg

SQ_Landing2_1.jpg

Xiamen_Landing1_1.jpg

I'll post more info and photos later. Haven't edited them all yet, just arrived from KL last night.

Norman,

Love your shot of the Xiamen and AK with the 3 girls. It really demonstrate the FZ5 Lieca sharpness and very, very effective OIS with panning mode.

Of course, the photographer is important also :D

Gavin,

Fujifilm Finepix S7000. Our camera are siblings. Yours are the 'abang', mine the 'adik'. Still saving $$$ for a DSLR.

These photos were taken at 210mm (35mm equivalent) settings. They are all cropped then resized.

there must be something wrong with your camera settings or you're editing the images wrongly because it looks ... strange ? i dont know la ... hmmm .. there's just something about it .. its so greeeeeeen ... and so jaggy ... u sharpened it too much i think .. and then i think you can also try using Paint shop pro and change the colour temperature ..

I also noticed that u were using ISO 200 . is there a lower setting for it ? maybe if u use a lower ISO it will be less grainy .. and perhaps using AUTO or Personal AE would be a better choice compared to aperture priority . Just try to experiment around a little bit . i'm sure you can produce much much nicer shots than that

there must be something wrong with your camera settings or you're editing the images wrongly because it looks ... strange ? i dont know la ... hmmm .. there's just something about it .. its so greeeeeeen ... and so jaggy ... u sharpened it too much i think .. and then i think you can also try using Paint shop pro and change the colour temperature ..

1012[/snapback]

I think so. Maybe. I'm not good at this editing thing. Wish someone else do the editing. I just love to photograph in the field, not editing in the room.

And I don't like the noise level of this camera, too much. But I love its colours.

Did u mean that u all are actually able to receive and hear the ATC Transmission??!! :blink:

924[/snapback]

thats right . using the scanner we can hear the ATC transmissions . Its a costly device though .. start saving money .. 800 smackers ...

I also noticed that u were using ISO 200 . is there a lower setting for it ? maybe if u use a lower ISO it will be less grainy .. and perhaps using AUTO or Personal AE would be a better choice compared to aperture priority . Just try to experiment around a little bit . i'm sure you can produce much much nicer shots than that

1012[/snapback]

Yes ISO 200. That is the lowest ISO in my Finepix. As to Aperture Priority, I love it. No way I'm gonna use 'Full Auto'. I also avoid Program AE. But then again, my Finepix is just a point and shoot. Aperture limited from F2.8 to F8.0 only.

I'll email the SQ photo when i got the time for it. Thanks Gavin,

thats right . using the scanner we can hear the ATC transmissions . Its a costly device though .. start saving money .. 800 smackers ...

1020[/snapback]

WOW!!! That's really COOL!! :D Gonna get a chance and go spotting with u all...!!

Yes ISO 200. That is the lowest ISO in my Finepix. As to Aperture Priority, I love it. No way I'm gonna use 'Full Auto'. I also avoid Program AE. But then again, my Finepix is just a point and shoot. Aperture limited from F2.8 to F8.0 only.

Sure your minimum is ISO 200? That is pretty strange for a PS camera actually, considering most will have ISO 50 to 400 only. So what is your max?

BTW, "No way I'm gonna use 'Full Auto'." Wah, I respect you lah brother. That's the way.....

full auto - never never...............scary maaaaan!!!

fitri, hi...pleasure to meeting you for first time. good shot especially your JAL. hope we can go spotting again when you're in KL.

can I get those scanner at M'sia ?? how much the cost ???

u mean RM800 ??

p/s: like walkie talkie wan aa??

can I get those scanner at M'sia ?? how much the cost ???

u mean RM800 ??

p/s: like walkie talkie wan aa??

1570[/snapback]

No you can't... you need permit for it

thus not off-the-shelf kind of stuff

Yeah prices (oversea) start from RM800... <_>

--

No you can't... you need permit for it

thus not off-the-shelf kind of stuff

Yeah prices (oversea) start from RM800... <_>

--

1573[/snapback]

Cikgu (got kelas today?)

Prices start from as low as MYR 140 for a simple..very very basic scanner with a very limited range of reception.....and can go up to MYR 2130 for the best of the best!

Transportation is a major problem as most countries forbid or severely srestrict the use of ATC SCANNERS... :angry:

MYR140 ah . u serious ah can get so cheap . whats the range like .

1583[/snapback]

LOL cannn...from UK maaa...20-24 Pounds...very very basic...range is about 5km or less. Unless you live in Kota Warisan...or plan to listen only whilst spotting...then its not worth buying one like that. It's worth investing in something with a bit more range.

Then how are you gonna get it into KL? You think customs will let it lalu kaaa :mellow:

customs dont look into every parcel

1620[/snapback]

Trust me on this bro...they wont necessarily look INTO each parcel..but they will SCAN every parcel. I think the best way to get it into the country is by asking a friend or a relative to bring it in. There's a special way to avoid the scanners laaa...but that wan u better ask TK....he told me about it. :)

Sign in to follow this