MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenn Leong

MH LAX Aircraft

Hi Guys,

Anyone here been on the KUL-LAX, LAX-KUL route recently? Want to hear your feedback if the 744 serving this route has the new C/F class or not?

The reason i ask this is because i am thinking to use my miles (50000 enrich miles) to upgrade from C to F. If its the old seats i probably won't and save it for something else....

Perhaps i might do KUL-SYD...

Thanks,

Kenn.

The flight equipped with the new seats(as told my dad last week), finger cross onboard hibiscus thou :drinks: For such a long flight, it worth upgrade to C/F...

Done the route 4 times, all old one :(

Edited by Seth K

yes, not easy to see Hibby in LAX. So far my dad only spotted it once...

2 sold, 2 returned to lessor :D i think you're quite safe :p

Returned to lessor is return to Penerbangan Malaysia Bhd? :rolleyes:

Returned to lessor is return to Penerbangan Malaysia Bhd? :rolleyes:

IIRC, PMB lease the aircraft from the main lessor, then lease to MH. The two bird i believe is returned to the main lessor, the two bird will be going south joining SQ soon.

correct me if i'm wrong :)

Issit right source from A.net stated that two MH 744 going to SQ are retrofitted with new F/C? :blink:

Edited by Seth K

According to A-net, MPC and MPE are leaving the MH fleet, and both are reconfigured with the new F and C (I was on MPC LAX-KUL a few weeks ago.). The only ones without the new seats are MPG, MPM and MPK and as far as I know these are not used on regularly scheduled flights, only as last-minute subsitutions or charters.

LAX has been getting the refurbished aircraft on a regular basis since the beginning of the year, so it's pretty much a sure thing. Have a good trip, k3nnis!

Thanks CameronP :)

Fingers crossed here.

Also, how did you find the lounge in LAX when you travelled with MH? Assuming you had a C/F boarding pass :)

Also is the stop trouble some at TPE or is it seamless?

Thanks,

Kenn.

According to A-net, MPC and MPE are leaving the MH fleet, and both are reconfigured with the new F and C (I was on MPC LAX-KUL a few weeks ago.). The only ones without the new seats are MPG, MPM and MPK and as far as I know these are not used on regularly scheduled flights, only as last-minute subsitutions or charters.

LAX has been getting the refurbished aircraft on a regular basis since the beginning of the year, so it's pretty much a sure thing. Have a good trip, k3nnis!

Sorry, I was in the back.

AFAIK, they are still renovating the lounges at TBIT (Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal), so there's a temporary shared First Class lounge upstairs in the back before security that all airlines use. The Business Class lounge is also a shared facility, but it's airside and you have to take a bus to get to it. This is all second-hand information though since I travel in Y, but I wouldn't expect much from the lounges at LAX TBIT though--TBIT itself is the pits as many would attest.

TPE transit is pretty easy, both ways you have disembark with all your carry-on and line up for a security check before you go back upstairs to departure level, but it's pretty quick, especially if you're going to be in F or C. I don't think there's any lounge access for transiting pax in TPE though. TPE is pretty boring, but the transit time is short so it doesn't matter.

I'm still trying to figure out how to take the Skytrain from airside to get around and explore the airport, but can't even find where to get on it!

Thanks CameronP :)

Fingers crossed here.

Also, how did you find the lounge in LAX when you travelled with MH? Assuming you had a C/F boarding pass :)

Also is the stop trouble some at TPE or is it seamless?

Thanks,

Kenn.

You might get the new lounge by the time you travel. IIRC you're flying in Dec? The new lounges are supposed to be completed in October 2007 (or some time around then) but there's a likely chance of a delay. In fact the completion date has already been pushed back once.

Edited by Keith T

You might get the new lounge by the time you travel. IIRC you're flying in Dec? The new lounges are supposed to be completed in October 2007 (or some time around then) but there's a likely chance of a delay. In fact the completion date has already been pushed back once.

Hi Keith,

I will be flying LAX-TPE-KUL in Jan 08.

Cheers,

Kenn.

Hi Guys,

Anyone here know if MH in First Class serves caviar? i.e. their longhaul flights....

Also do they provide pyjamas?

Thanks,

Kenn.

Hi Keith,

I will be flying LAX-TPE-KUL in Jan 08.

Cheers,

Kenn.

Hi Guys,

Anyone here know if MH in First Class serves caviar? i.e. their longhaul flights....

Also do they provide pyjamas?

Thanks,

Kenn.

Unless this has changed in the past 6 months, you will get caviar. Not sure about PJs but I'd be surprised if there are no PJs given that MH always has had a highly regarded product. I'm not the most up to date person about MH though so someone else might like to reconfirm.

They've removed the cheese plate in J apparently, remember a collective moan about it somewhere - not sure if it's the same for F.

Edited by Keith T

Thanks Keith. My last flight i travelled in J on MH long haul, no cheese plate :( Hopefully they haven't done the same in F.

Hopefully someone can reconfirm about the caviar and PJ's in F :)

Eep... not getting many responses here? :(

You might want to try the 'other asian, australian and south pacific frequent flyer programs' forum on Flyertalk - I believe there are also quite a few MH F experts over there.

Hi Keith,

I've also tried FT but no luck :(

Just have to wait i suppose:)

Cheers,

Kenn.

Eep... not getting many responses here? :(

You might want to try the 'other asian, australian and south pacific frequent flyer programs' forum on Flyertalk - I believe there are also quite a few MH F experts over there.

I like to keep everything as surprise before I fly, see what the airline will offer, dun want to go beyond expectation before flying :pardon:

Sign in to follow this