MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Izanee

AIRLINER WORLD MAGAZINE - FIREFLY ARTICLE

Congrats to Levent for having his article published in Airliner World magazine! It was an interesting read about Firefly, MH's latest subsidiary. Nice photos of the F50s too! Well done mate...hope you'll send more on KLIA and MH. Its about time we get a decent review...the last one I read about MH was probably 10 years ago (not sure if its the same magazine).

Guest Levent

Thank you, thank you!

Airports of the World will publish my article on KLIA in the July/August issue, followed by my Penang article in September/October.

No plans for writing something on MH yet, but thanks for the idea... I visited Changi Airport the last couple of days and will prepare another article for Airports.

is there any idea that where can i buy the magazine? seems like Kota Kinabalu here not much book store do hav aviation related magazine. :(

Levent, do you mind to scan some pages and post it here? btw, will this touched the copyrights issues?

Guest Levent
Levent, do you mind to scan some pages and post it here? btw, will this touched the copyrights issues?

I scan the articles and place them on my website two weeks or so after the magazine's issue becomes available. Here is the link to my articles page.

Yes, I saw your article about Firefly in this month's Airliners. Also your Langkawi article in the Airport Magazine (May/June 2007 issue). Great stuff! :)

I scan the articles and place them on my website two weeks or so after the magazine's issue becomes available. Here is the link to my articles page.

thanks for the link. :)

Great piece of writing, Levent: thanks to this inspiring article, I booked a daytrip PEN-LGK-PEN for 18jun07 :pardon:

Guest Levent

Hope you guys don't mind a bit of self-gloss here, but this month's Airports has my KLIA article - six pages.

aow_fc_julaug07_150.jpg

Hope you guys don't mind a bit of self-gloss here, but this month's Airports has my KLIA article - six pages.

aow_fc_julaug07_150.jpg

would that be July/August edition? because the one that I read regarding the Langkawi Airport was May/June if im not mistaken :)

would that be July/August edition? because the one that I read regarding the Langkawi Airport was May/June if im not mistaken :)

It's the July/August edition: great article on KLIA, Levent, just came from the AKO bookstore to read it (not buy it, as the magazine is quite expensive in NL) :p

Regarding the Helang Hotel at LGK: it look quite abandoned when I was there last month - did it go 'down the drain' ? :o

I was at a magazine stand in Narita airport today, when I came across Airports of the World magazine (July/Aug '07 issue).

Surprise, surprise!! Levent, a member of MW got his article on KLIA published. Interestingly, there is a box on KLIA spotting guide in the article. Here's the publisher co.'s website.

aow_fc_julaug07_200.jpg

Airports of the World Issue 12, Jul/Aug 2007

Features

Heathrow's New Tower

Bruce Hales-Dutton examines the new addition to the Heathrow skyline.

Banjul - Gateway to The Gambia (inc Travel spot)

Charles Tyler reports from Africa on an airport with great potential.

Menorca - Spanish Expansion

Frederik Naumann visits the expanding and well-performing airport on Spain's easternmost island.

San Francisco's Golden Gateway (inc Travel Spot)

The Editor visits San Francisco International Airport and discovers why it is so popular with airlines and their passengers, and why it is set to attract more overseas traffic.

KLIA - Asian Award Winner

Levent Bergkotte visits Kuala Lumpur International Airport and finds out why passengers regard it as among the world's best.

Zaragoza - The Heart of Aragon

The Spanish regional airport at Zaragoza Sanjurjo is enjoying prosperous times, as Geoff Jones recently discovered.

A Tale of Two Airports

One would think that having two airports just 30 miles apart would be counter-productive. But as Thom Jungerman and Marco Finelli found out, this is definitely not the case in the Norfolk area of Virginia.

Guam Micronesia - Western Pacific Hub

Marco Finelli visits A B Won Pat International Airport, the primary gateway to Micronesia.

Regulars

News

Detailed news coverage from the global airport scene.

Behind the Scenes: Airport Noise - What Airport Noise?

Airport and aircraft noise is an emotive subject for some, but for most of us it is an inevitable consequence of modern life. The Editor tries to dispel some of the myths and looks at what London/Stansted is doing to minimise the effects.

Airport Tech - CDA - The Environmentally Friendly Acronym

Bruce Hales-Dutton examines the CDA (Continuous Descent Approach) and sees how airports are taking a new(ish) approach to environmental concerns.

Historic Spot - Addis Ababa

A selection of photos from the Ron Mak collection, taken at Addis Ababa Airport, Ethiopia, in January 1988.

UK Airport Movements

Selected traffic movements from around the UK, courtesy of LAASI.

Letters

A selection of readers' comments on a variety of subjects covered in the magazine.

Edited by Denny Yen

i think this had been discussed some times ago. if i'm not mistaken, this discussed in the firefly thread. <_ anyway i dunno where can find this magazine in local store. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(">

http://www.airportsworld.com/http://shop.keypublishing.com/acatalog/aow_julaug07.html
i think this had been discussed some times ago. if i'm not mistaken, this discussed in the firefly thread. <_ anyway i dunno where can find this magazine in local store. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(">
The article is very extensive covering both KLIA and LCCT (not really FireFly), and some of the pics were from KLIA Obs Hill.

No need to buy...publishers usually give the author a PDF soft-copy for final confirmation before it goes to the printers. A soft-copy will be good enough I suppose.

Can scan ? hehehe .. Copyright infringement :S
I didn't buy it because most of the write-ups such as SFO or LHR new tower were already seen in Discovery Channel. Maybe we can get the writer to give a soft-copy.

Awesome read, Levent!

The current issue also has an article on the 60th anniversary of MSA and a lovely DH106 Comet poster of 9V-BAS in the middle!