MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Qatar Airways plans new routes

Qatar Airways Plans New Routes

January 17, 2007

Qatar Airways said on Wednesday it will add eight routes to its network this year, including two each to Southeast Asia, India and Europe, to tap rising demand for leisure and business air travel.

The state-owned carrier will add the Indonesian tourist resort island of Bali and Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City, as well as Indian cities Chennai and Ahmedabad, it said in a statement.

It will also fly to Lagos in Nigeria, to New York and to two unidentified European destinations, adding to its network of 71 destinations, it said.

"Africa presents huge opportunities and we see this region as a growth area," Akbar al-Baker, the company's chief executive, is quoted as saying.

Qatar Airways, benefiting from higher petroleum revenue to its government owner, plans to double its fleet to 110 planes during the next decade.

(Reuters)

One of the European destinations is rumoured to be Warsaw :o

Rather than via KUL, sound relevant to go direct or SIN(dun think so). Great they added Lagos, I'm going there for a month visit next year but too bad it will be on EK <_ influence src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:"> ). Any equipment change? I hope they follow their own step, use the A300 for cargo and send the A330 to KUL :pardon:

I'm going there for a month visit next year but too bad it will be on EK <_ influence src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:"> ).

Eh Eh...why that emoticon LOL :p

Glad you "Treat(ed) yourself to a smile...Fly Emirates" :yahoo: :yahoo:

Is there any confirmation that KUL will be the stop over point for the DPS route ?

From Amadeus :

QR624 KUL - DPS 1300-1605 3,4,7

QR625 DPS - KUL 0335-0635 1,4,5

Oh good, please, send something other than AB6, I don't wanna be onboard the AB6 again on the DOH-KUL journey on my return flight in the summer. Please, an A332 or 333 will do. A346HGW + A333, ahh!

Sign in to follow this