MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ewan Shamsudin

PEN - KCH

I am not expert in Penang area, but I've been there and I did use the bus terminal. If I remember correctly, the bus terminal is pretty comfortable and new, the one that is situated beside the flyover. Is it?

I guessed the one u are saying is the one on Penang Isalnd while ither Penangties are talking about the one in Butterworth(mainland)

Not sure tho* :rolleyes:

I am not expert in Penang area, but I've been there and I did use the bus terminal. If I remember correctly, the bus terminal is pretty comfortable and new, the one that is situated beside the flyover. Is it?

Not that one; that's the terminal for the island. The one we are talking about is the terminal in the mainland town of Butterworth. I've not used the one on the island before; can't comment on it.

Yeah, we could have the SkyBus stop at this island terminal as one of its stops.

Yup, as Min Chun pointed out, I (and probably Teoh) meant to comment about Butterworth Bus Terminal. The one that you meant could probably be the new bus terminal at Sungai Nibong, at Penang Island, next to the new Penang elevated highway.

However I believe the Butterworth Bus Terminal has higher volume of traffic and passenger numbers due to Butterworth strategic location in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia. This is why it is in urgent need of an upgrade or a new terminal.

However I believe the Butterworth Bus Terminal has higher volume of traffic and passenger numbers due to Butterworth strategic location in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia. This is why it is in urgent need of an upgrade or a new terminal.

Exactly! Traffic converges and diverges well at this terminal.

UPDATE!

Now everyone can fly direct BKI - PEN and MFM too!

Macau for the Chinese New Year, Kota Kinabalu folks?

Here's the link to AirAsia page!

http://www.airasia.com/site/en/promotion.j...ce=2007newroute

Now waiting for BKI - CGK/SUB/DPS/BDO direct flights!

this is actually a very good news indeed!

i live in kuching as well.

this direct flight is probably a good news for us.

Airliners should have more direct flight elsewhere from kuching. Kuching International Airport is not that small that cannot handle large aircraft to land o depart.I ever took a b777 to kuala lumpur as well!

Runway on Kuching international can even handle a b777 n y not make some direct flight to some places in Malaysia o Global like Australia.As going a place like Penang need only a b737 o a320 is enough. Problem is the number of passenger? No, it cant be!

Good Job to AirAsia n y not MAS

Malaysia Airline System

Oh gosh!!

i think Malaysia Airline should lower the fare price in order to get more passenger(s).

RM300+one way from KCH-JHB?

isnt that sound insane?

this price is truly stated not rumours!

it is in feb 2007 where chinese new year is coming.

think bout it

TQ

TMS..

WOW!! Now that AK do BKI-PEN is indeed good news, now my mom doesn't need to fly to PEN through KUL just to go back her hometown and it does save a lot! (RM29.99+tax is a bargain!)

Sign in to follow this