MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA low-cost terminal draws flak

Any improvements to the LCCT or any other structures in Malaysia will be done only whenever there is an upcoming visit by VIP's. And after the visit everything will be in "Malaysia Boleh" conditions. :(

18.15 Down at MH tichet office. Paid RM75 no-show penalty and RM120 for an upgrade to C class on 1030 MH1426 as Y is full.

Can claim from AK for compensation? Any clause or law that permit us to do so?

I thought I was sensible enough to have planned:

BKI 1230 -> KLIA(LCCT) 1500 -> KLIA(MTB) 1530 - then have ample time to relax until the 1820 flight to KBR. I had a maximum delay allowance of 2 hours in mind.

With AK always 'retimed' schedule, better give 6 hrs delay allowance if there is a connecting flight. :(

Oh, only if the roofing flew over to the aircraft bay and hit one of the 733's.. :girl_devil: . Now that's news!

Is that AK B733 damaged? :o :( <_>

Worried because I hope that AK B733 is not Alpha Alpha India (9M-AAI) or Alpha Alpha Papa (9M-AAP); Those two planes are one of my favorite AirAsia planes (aside 9M-AFC) :o .

Edited by Andrew Ong

Can claim from AK for compensation? Any clause or law that permit us to do so?

Hmm... I don't know.

And I didn't pay that RM6 Travel Insurance offered by AK during Internet purchase. ( I know can can be so cheap sometimes, hehehe). So I didn't bother find out.

Hypothetically if I did, will it compesate my loss of time, money and my anguish?

Anyone ever read the fine print of the AK Travel insurance?

Hi all,

I'm going to ask OT question here, sorry. During few of my flights with AK from LCCT to BKI or KBR, i tried to snap some photos of AK's A320 during the march to the plane but was stopped by 'security personnel'. Is there a law against taking photos while on the apron of an airport? What make me mad is if it is a tourist (read Mat Salleh, Mata Biru/Hijau/Rambut Blonde), these personnel wont stop them from taking any pics. Anybody experienced this?

it is indeed for security purposes. Try snapping a pix or two in Singapore - it will be scant seconds before a security personnel approaches you. The same also for KTM actually, though it is more loosely enforced.

I think the reason why they don't stop tourist is the same as why when I was in uni our pak guards would waste not a second arresting those without their IDs but shy away from Africans/Turkmenis who parade an even grosser level of law-flouting. Tak reti English daa! :D

Worried because I hope that AK B733 is not Alpha Alpha India (9M-AAI) or Alpha Alpha Papa (9M-AAP); Those two planes are one of my favorite AirAsia planes (aside 9M-AFC) :o .

he said 'if only' deehh :rofl:

Edited by H Azmal

Hmm... I don't know.

And I didn't pay that RM6 Travel Insurance offered by AK during Internet purchase. ( I know can can be so cheap sometimes, hehehe). So I didn't bother find out.

Hypothetically if I did, will it compesate my loss of time, money and my anguish?

Anyone ever read the fine print of the AK Travel insurance?

Well if you're covered under Travel Insurance, you might be able to claim your losses under the 'misconnection clause' in your case. However you have to read through the whole policy and make sure your case satisfied the criteria stated in the policy.

Well if you're covered under Travel Insurance, you might be able to claim your losses under the 'misconnection clause' in your case. However you have to read through the whole policy and make sure your case satisfied the criteria stated in the policy.

You can always file a Legal Suit against AK under the Common Law right :pardon: Any lawyers out there? However, you should ask youself whether it's all worth it at the end as the maximum cost which Ewan could sufficently substantiate in a Court of Law would be just the 'No Show' penalty plus cost of upgrade to C class.

Hey ... this is definitely off topic oredi :blink:

No, absolutely not.

Hey, lookee here! Well, partial good news, I suppose.

November 30, 2006 17:33 PM

Budget Airline Customers Can Get Tax Refund If Miss Flights

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 30 (Bernama) -- Low- cost carrier (LCC) customers who do not board the plane can ask for a refund of the airport tax that they have paid together with the flight tickets, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said Thursday.

He said that the government had a clear policy on the rights of customers but many people were not aware of the right to make claims.

"I have told airline companies that if the customers do not get into the planes, if they cannot return the fares, they must still return the taxes," he said in reply to Alexander Nanta Linggi (BN-Kapit) in the Dewan Rakyat.

read more at http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=233461

You are one lucky fella Abg Naim!

Well thank you, Ewan. I suppose I've been lucky, but touch wood. Let's see how my next 5 AK/LCCT trips do. B)

it is indeed for security purposes. Try snapping a pix or two in Singapore - it will be scant seconds before a security personnel approaches you.

Yup, try doing that in the US or India, for that matter. We have been very lax.

Andrew,

read the statement made by Ewan more carefully..

No aircraft was damaged..