MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

BA unveils New Generation Club World

http://www.newclubworld.com/european/index.html?langId=UK

Warning: Lots of bandwidth required.

Direct link to the 360 degree virtual tour of the cabin: http://www.newclubworld.com/european/applet_test/tour2.html

The soft features have already gone live on ex-UK flights

- Club Kitchen, which replaced Raid the Larder

- Mid flight ice cream runs

- New napkins and metal napkin rings

Now I guess we just have to wait for the actual new seat.

There have also been some enhancements to the F product, including a turn down service and mattresses, ala SQ.

Your comments on the new seat? :)

I personally like the privacy divider.

I'm now itching to do a oneworld RTW after the end of this year to sample NGCW since I'd have safely qualified for *G status till Feb 09. :good:

Edited by Keith T

i never liked those rear-facing seats of club world....

They do take some getting used to. But I'd prefer them to the herringbone design which completely isolates you, abit anti-social if you're traveling with mates. The SQ config will be something to look forward to... but then we'll have to see how it affects leg space when you lie flat (as your feet essentially go into a little cubbyhole under the armrest of the person in front you to achieve the all-forward facing config yet maintain pitch).

Edited by Keith T

Personally, BA's First Class cabin looks like cubicals at an office building and I like that. Services are good (as described) and it is almost equal to the MAS First Class cabin. :good: :rofl:

I going to go off subject a little, has anyone been on the MAS First Class cabin because I want to compare it to SIA's First Class cabin. :help: :help:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Personally, BA's First Class cabin looks like cubicals at an office building and I like that. Services are good (as described) and it is almost equal to the MAS First Class cabin. :good: :rofl:

Don;t know about that - MH F has a lower crew-pax ratio than BA F due to the smaller number of seats on MH. Haven't been on MH F since ages ago though, but I'd imagine the new MH F seats are awesome since they're the Recaro pod seats.

I've always got good service on BA as I try to pick flights my friends are rostered on. But when they're not on the flights, the service (I've done all 4 BA cabins) varies a lot. The general consensus when flying MEL-SIN/HKG-LHR is to fly QF on the daylight sector to enjoy good service, but fly BA for the night sector as it has the better seat, and you wouldn't actually care about the service when you're asleep anyway. ;) Buying a QF or BA ticket allows you to endorse the ticket on any of the flights operated by the 2 airlines. :good:

Edited by Keith T

Guest Fendy

I going to go off subject a little, has anyone been on the MAS First Class cabin because I want to compare it to SIA's First Class cabin. :help: :help:

i've been in the old F cabin if that counts. haha. havent been in SQ F, or any other F for that matter so cant comment.

Hmm.. the seats configuration is pretty much similar to the current ones except that it's wider and has more storages. It looks a bit hard to get in and out from the seats tho and the divider looks very claustrophobic. However, it is still better the current ones.

It looks a bit hard to get in and out from the seats tho and the divider looks very claustrophobic. However, it is still better the current ones.

Yeah a bit disappointing that there's still that 'step over' issue if u're sitting by the window (unless it's rows 14 or 20 in a 744). Maybe it's just me but I hope they haven't raised the seat that much as it's already currently a bit iffy to get out when the person on the aisle is fully reclined.

The best enhancement, I reckon, is the drop-down armrests. Currently the armrests restrict much of your shoulder space when you recline fully. And I can't say that I have very broad shoulders...

Other than that, NGCW isn't as revolutionary as SQ's new R-A-F-F-L-E-S (as it should be called) seating. More of the enhancements are in the soft product (I love the idea of Club Kitchen!) and I'm sure I'd have been a little more enamoured if SQ hadn't launched their products first. :p Still, nothing beats first hand experience and I can't wait for someone to write a trippie somewhere and comment on the new seat cushions which, according to some friends, are supposed to be very very comfy.

When it comes to airline product launch - it certainly literally comes in bursts. Never a light drizzle. Bring on the competition I say. Good for the consumer. :)

Edited by Keith T

quite suprise no one has come up with emirates' cocoon F cabin yet..

Perhaps it's patented by EK??

Mr. Eee Kay?? Care to confirm for us?? :)

It looks more like a house than an aircraft cabin to me. LOL ! Anyhow, it's an awesome seat. Well done BA. Such seating is unique and exclusive :p :p

Edited by Isaac

Sign in to follow this