MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Random Age poll about readers' favourite airline

Just stumbled upon this when I was looking for (other) stuff in The Age's polling archives:

Source: theage.com.au

International carrier : Which is your preferred international carrier?

Qantas - 31%

British Airways - 5%

Malaysian Airlines - 4%

Singapore Airlines - 34%

KLM - 1%

Emirates - 25%

Total Votes: 495 Poll date: 04/07/06

Edited by Keith T

KLM - 1% ? :huh:

Guess, it's because we don't fly to Australia anymore ;)

KLM - 1% ? :huh:

Guess, it's because we don't fly to Australia anymore ;)

Believe the survey mean overall KL (ticket) experience including MH code share.

Seng Lim,

The aussies love SQ.. that's abysmall figures for MAS.. but this is a "poll" and well.. who knows how many people were really interviewed.. Perhaps not a good indication.. if it is from Travel Agents however, then that would be more accurate.

Seng Lim,

The aussies love SQ.. that's abysmall figures for MAS.. but this is a "poll" and well.. who knows how many people were really interviewed.. Perhaps not a good indication.. if it is from Travel Agents however, then that would be more accurate.

Sandeep G, the total interviewed are 495 !!! I think if the survey done in Malaysia the MH percentage sure in 2 digit!!! :good:

Edited by Andrew Yong

Sandeep G, the total interviewed are 495 !!! I think if the survey done in Malaysia the MH percentage sure in 2 digit!!! :good:

HAHAHA :help: I'm blind! I didn't even see that figure at the bottom! cheers Andrew! :D

It's an online poll - not supposed to be scientific in any way. Just like vox pops and only marginally less accurate than Skytrax. ;)

I also thought it's weird that they included KLM and BA when both airlines have not been flying here since yonks ago. (despite a ticketing presence)

The Age is a Melbourne newspaper, and that would explain why Qantas didn't fare as well as SQ. QF is very Sydney-centric and you'd have to transfer at SYD, SIN or LHR for most of their routes if you fly out of MEL anyway. With SQ, it's just a straightforward connection at SIN, hence '3 times daily from Melbourne to the world.' Not to mention the awesome SQ service. :D

Edited by Keith T

Survey will never be apply to real life. Those 495 only vote for the airline/s they have flown, If all of them have flown all the listed airlines, that will be another story.

Look at Emirates... quite amazing for a relative newcomer.

Just goes to show how effective marketing and product innovation can be! :D

Sign in to follow this