MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ian Lim

RED Fokker providing AFFORDABLE ACCESSIBILITY

farewell to the national carrier paint scheme...really missed so much the default MAS logo at F50... :(

Same here.... :(

F50 seems more elegant and sophisticated in MH paint scheme. Now it's.... plain. Oh well it's an end of an era. One can only dream about it now.

Ian,

Great shots from MYY.

Here's mine taken from SBW on 21/10/2006 while boarding for my flight to KUL.

9M-MGG of FAX

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just after a few shots, an AirAsia ground crew approach me and asked me to put away my camera. The reason is the AK A320 is refueling, i might cause an explosion if i take pics on the tarmac :blink:

Raymond,do you take that shots insifrom Gate 4 or outside the terminal area?

I got couple of shots of AK from gate 4,but i'm not uploading it yet.

Look what "Daily Express" of KK/Sabah has to say about FAX:

FAX on primary reason for flight delays

Kota Kinabalu: Fly Asian Xpress (FAX) clarified that the primary reason for the delay of its flights by more than 15 minutes is due to technical problems, weather and poor visibility caused by the haze or a combination of these factors.

As of Oct 31, a total of 37 flights were delayed, of which 17 were delayed by more than 15 minutes, with the longest being an hour. "With regards to recent reports which highlighted the plight of tourists who were asked to cut short their trip due to flight cancellations on Oct 17, we are currently investigating the matter," said FAX Chief Executive Operator, YM Raja Mohd Azmi Razali, in a statement Thursday.

"However, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to all affected passengers and will institutionalise measures to rectify any shortcomings on our part," he added.

There have been five flight cancellations, three of them in October.

In the event of a cancellation especially on the Mulu sector, FAX would provide overnight accommodation at no extra cost to its passengers until the next available flight, he added.

A fairer look is by comparing FAX delays as compared to MH when they operated the same route and aircraft.

Raymond,do you take that shots insifrom Gate 4 or outside the terminal area?

I got couple of shots of AK from gate 4,but i'm not uploading it yet.

Tamizi,

The 1st pic is taken from gate 4.

The 2nd pic is taken outside the terminal area while walking to the AirAsia A320.

The worst thing is that 9M-AFC came in that morning, so cannot take a single shot of her at SBW apron :(

Tamizi,

The 1st pic is taken from gate 4.

The 2nd pic is taken outside the terminal area while walking to the AirAsia A320.

The worst thing is that 9M-AFC came in that morning, so cannot take a single shot of her at SBW apron :(

My god,Foxtrot Charlie at SBW? Too bad you didn't managed to nail her.Sorry to hear that.