MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Keith T

SQ to downgauge SQ286/285 SIN-AKL

Topic applies.

Read this from another forum. Checked CRS - a/c type still showing 744 as of July 2007, but First Class (A, F and P classes) is no longer showing. This means SQ286/285 will be operated by a 772ER from July 2007.

Thought this was relevant as there are many AKL-based MWers. The implication of this change is that AKL will no longer have 744 service (as SQ281/282 is also operated by a 772ER) nor F class service.

No official announcement from SQ yet, but I understand that several TAs have already been sent memos from SQ.

Edited by Keith T

Thanks Keith. I guess I will need to take SQ before July 2007 to SIN and HKG before they downgrade it to 777-212ER. Long live the 747-412 MEGATOP!!!! Or bring on the 777-312ER!!!

Edited by S V Choong

Thanks Keith. I guess I will need to take SQ before July 2007 to SIN and HKG before they downgrade it to 777-212ER. Long live the 747-412 MEGATOP!!!! Or bring on the 777-312ER!!!

I have just a question on the SQ flights to HKG.

As I heard from you guys that, since the delay delivery of A380. The B744 flight for HKG/SIN has to be change to T7 service. And now, sorry that, I don't know what aircraft type is now for SQ865/866. But I has just told by a friend of me that, SQ has just added one more flight for HKG/SIN as SQ891/892. Question here that, all the flights are now operating by T7s or some are under B744?

Thanks.

All are HKG flights are still T7, except SQ1/2 which is still operated by the 744.

Specifically:

- SQ860/859 = 772

- SQ861/862 = 77W (from 6th Dec, currently still a 772)

- SQ866/865 = 773

- SQ892/891 = 772

- SQ2/1 = 744

- SQ868/857 = 772

Edited by Keith T

- SQ861/862 = 77W (from 6th Dec, currently still a 772)

To make a confirmation, 77W = 773ER, right?

and thanks for the information.

Why ? The 772ER that SQ will deploy to AKL is the one fitted with Spacebed. It has more legroom in Y compared to their 744 :)

Why ? The 772ER that SQ will deploy to AKL is the one fitted with Spacebed. It has more legroom in Y compared to their 744 :)

All SQ T7s in general have more space in Y than the 744s. I try to fly the T7s whenever I can when flying Y for that reason. Whether the IFE is AVOD or not doesn't really bother me as I'd spend most of the flight sleeping or reading anyway. I place seat comfort at a premium.

But there are a lot on here, particularly the spotters, who'd pick a flight based solely on the a/c type. ;)

Edited by Keith T

So, SQ is bringing the B772ER and their new B773ER into full use :rofl: and they will only use the A345 and the B744 for ultra-long range routes :o (Ex: LAX-TPE-SIN and LAX-SIN).

So, SQ is bringing the B772ER and their new B773ER into full use :rofl: and they will only use the A345 and the B744 for ultra-long range routes :o (Ex: LAX-TPE-SIN and LAX-SIN).

Haven't seen any changes to LAX-TPE-SIN yet; SQ30/29 are still showing up as 2 class 772ER-operated services.

If you are keen to sample the new SQ 77W seats, fly SQ ex-SFO from March 07 on the SFO-ICN-SIN service. Just a short flight up the Californian coast to SFO for you. :)

Why ? The 772ER that SQ will deploy to AKL is the one fitted with Spacebed. It has more legroom in Y compared to their 744

Coz I love the plane more than the seat :p As long as the seat is not cramp or crappy then I am not complaining :lol:

Coz I love the plane more than the seat :p As long as the seat is not cramp or crappy then I am not complaining :lol:

So, you wouldn't mind on the location where you seat in the First, Raffles, or Economy Class Cabin (just wondering) :huh: ?

B744 fleet was being retired, but due to the A380 delay, they are now trying to slow that down. SIA flight ops a bit topsy turvy at the moment due to lack of aircraft.. but as always, they are right on top of it.

As for the A345.. I wonder how long more that will last?? :)

and they will only use the A345 and the B744 for ultra-long range routes :o (Ex: LAX-TPE-SIN and LAX-SIN).

You will see the 2-class 772ER operating the SIN/TPE/LAX for many more years to come.