MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Y. J. Foo

Asiana's new livery

I agree with one guy on A.net, the tail does look like a bit Columbian (Avianca). But overall, the new livery looks nicer and i like the color overlap at the tail. The current color has the tail too simple and lie retro.

Edited by Azuddin

Feel they could have been more creative with the titles on the side of the fuselage.. maybe big font like Emirates and Qatar style :) otherwise a very attractive scheme indeed!

Are they using the NWA style compass pointing North east? :huh: . Agree with u sandeep, they could make a better or bigger title, something that fit their tail color.

Are they using the NWA style compass pointing North east? :huh: . Agree with u sandeep, they could make a better or bigger title, something that fit their tail color.

maybe a connotation that they are a north-east asian carrier perhaps? who knows! But, more importantly, when are we gonna see these big birds with their Korean lasses here in KUL! KE got, but where is Asiana!! Don't just fly to BKI, come on down to KUL! plenty of golf courses here too :)

maybe a connotation that they are a north-east asian carrier perhaps? who knows! But, more importantly, when are we gonna see these big birds with their Korean lasses here in KUL! KE got, but where is Asiana!! Don't just fly to BKI, come on down to KUL! plenty of golf courses here too :)

All that we see is Korean Air Cargo in KUL. Also about logo, I notice that MAS also using the arrow style. Try looking at the title MALAYSIA, the letter MAS has the red thingy which represent arrow pointing south east. Maybe most of us here already notice this.

The sharp triangle = the "A" in Asiana. This logo was shown in ads in far east since 1 year ago.

The yellow, blue and red colors are often seen in Korean traditional costume, silk fan and logo. They symbolize harmony/balance (similar to tao symbol).

I would have preferred them to use the color swirl (instead of "A"/triangle shape, which is too sharp).

IPB Image

The base color is silver (pearlscene, similar to NWA, JetstarAsia, VS).

IPB Image

I agree with one guy on A.net, the tail does look like a bit Columbian (Avianca).

That was my 1st reaction too: looks quite similar to AV :huh:

The base color is silver (pearlscene, similar to NWA, JetstarAsia, VS).

IPB Image

This colour-scheme is awesome :good: :drinks:

Like the way the engines are 'painted' too ;)

All that we see is Korean Air Cargo in KUL. Also about logo, I notice that MAS also using the arrow style. Try looking at the title MALAYSIA, the letter MAS has the red thingy which represent arrow pointing south east. Maybe most of us here already notice this.

That's a good observation about the south-east pointing "arrow", but I think it's purely coincidence and the point was to emphasize as you've shown, the letters MAS to reflect the common or older branding of the national carrier

I like it better than the one they currently use. The current colour is so.....emm...lost for words there. :nea: :pardon:

This is definitely much better than their old scheme... But the scheme just seemed to tell me it copies from some other airline - and, oh, its the Columbian airline.

Yeah, ASIANA should come down to KUL. KE flies at night... ASIANA flies at day time.

really Teoh? as in Avianca Columbia?? I don't see it.. unless they have a new livery.. better check A.net now :)

Wow,it was awesome! And it also represents the true colors of Korea.But i still prefer the current livery after all.Guess had to look the Asiana a/c models in current livery before they changes the livery!

For the record, it's Avianca COLOMBIA, not COLUMBIA. COLUMBIA is the original name for the United States. ;) :p

For the record, it's Avianca COLOMBIA, not COLUMBIA. COLUMBIA is the original name for the United States. ;) :p

My bad :sorry: :)

My bad :sorry: :)

LOL! Relax lah Sandeep. ;) It's not 'your bad' . If you scroll back up you will notice at least two others made the same mistake, before you. :D :pardon:

LOL! Relax lah Sandeep. ;) It's not 'your bad' . If you scroll back up you will notice at least two others made the same mistake, before you. :D :pardon:

Guilty :D , I put "Columbian" up there

Found this topic on airliners.net

IPB Image

I personally like this one, as I quite don't like their grey fuselage, even thought it's eurowhite...

What say you?

Nice, hope to see it on the 747 :D

Yeah, ASIANA should come down to KUL. KE flies at night... ASIANA flies at day time.

Isn't it the opposite, Asiana flies at night and Korean flies during the daytime.

really Teoh? as in Avianca Columbia?? I don't see it.. unless they have a new livery.. better check A.net now :)

I meant I kinda seen a livery something like it... People out there say it's Columbia's Avianca, so I assume they are right. :D

Maybe we are wrong... ??

Isn't it the opposite, Asiana flies at night and Korean flies during the daytime.

Why? Has Asiana served Malaysia? Maybe I'm not aware of that. But as far as I remember, KE flies in around evening time, no? :blink:

KE flies into KLIA at night, and Asian doesn't fly into KUL... apart from the occassional Freighter i believe..

Would be nice to see both Koreans here in KUL, and more flights by Korean into KUL as well!! Skyteam Skyteam Skyteam :)