MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

Hazy 14L & Sg Pelek adventure

Chinese restaurant la wei... I don't think halal... :sorry: but there must be one around! we will find!

<_>

I guess the Koay Teow at Cowboy Town will have to suffice la... :pardon:

Sg. Pelek is about 20minutes drive from seremban(exactly where I live)

It’s one of those not-so-developed towns but you can see some big hoteliers donning the area (Seri Malaysia being one of them)

yee-haa for my first post!

As a comparison, both photos taken at noon. First one Oct 06 and second one Feb 06.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Where is the control tower?????????

"Mary Poppins" and friends walking past the pond area. Too hazy to fly ? :rofl:

IPB Image

:rofl: :rofl: :good: good one...! Lucky they didnt come look for you...

Hanging around the area until City of Tokyo with funny nose passing by.

IPB Image

Nice nose cone..!

Enjoyed the shots ChaiTy...!

Sg. Pelek is about 20minutes drive from seremban(exactly where I live)

It’s one of those not-so-developed towns but you can see some big hoteliers donning the area (Seri Malaysia being one of them)

yee-haa for my first post!

Welcome to MW, Sri Ramani K. :clapping:

I didn't know Seremban is only 20 mins away from SP. Are you referring to normal tar road travel or some estate short cut ? :D

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Oct 15 2006, 11:43 AM) 78836[/snapback]

:rofl: :rofl: :good: good one...! Lucky they didnt come look for you...

Nice nose cone..!

Enjoyed the shots ChaiTy...!

Kelvin B, I do have 2 long and sharp umbrellas in my car .... :huh:

Out of topic, are you coming back to KL for Hari Raya holidays ? :pardon:

How was the haze hanging around Malaysia :huh: ?

Edited by Andrew Ong

How was the haze hanging around Malaysia :huh: ?

As of today at 1:20PM, haze is still hanging around in Shah Alam sky with a bit of sunlight.

Slightly better than yesterday but not good enough to go spotting. :angry: :angry:

Where was the haze coming from and how long was it hanging around the country ?

Sorry for asking too many questions because the haze wasn't there when I went to Malaysia

Edited by Andrew Ong

Where was the haze coming from and how long was it hanging around the country ?

Sorry for asking too many questions because the haze wasn't there when I went to Malaysia

Let me answer U, it was from our neighbour-Indonesia .Every year the haze will hanging arround here!! The period were not sure but I think a month already just this 2 week become serious only!!!!

I do have 2 long and sharp umbrellas in my car .... :huh:

Out of topic, are you coming back to KL for Hari Raya holidays ? :pardon:

What you need is a VERY big fan to blow the haze away....!

Am back 22nd. out again on 26th. should be able to squeeze one day at Oscar Hotel huh? :D

Welcome to MW, Sri Ramani K. :clapping:

I didn't know Seremban is only 20 mins away from SP. Are you referring to normal tar road travel or some estate short cut ? :D

Sorry, I have to make clarifications here. If Sri Ramani is talking about the time taken to go from Seremban Town to SP, it is not correct. I stay in Seremban Town and it takes me about 40 minutes to go to KLIA alone. But if he is talking about the District of Seremban it may be so. After all the KLIA quarters is in the District of Seremban.

Sorry, I have to make clarifications here. If Sri Ramani is talking about the time taken to go from Seremban Town to SP, it is not correct. I stay in Seremban Town and it takes me about 40 minutes to go to KLIA alone. But if he is talking about the District of Seremban it may be so. After all the KLIA quarters is in the District of Seremban.

sorry to stir things up here thou..i live in the heart of SBN..you can reach sungai pelek in 20-25mins from seremban via the old seremban-banting road. i go there almost every weekend(including today), driving at abt 70-80kms p/h.

perhaps different route, different time frame. hop on my back and i'll show you how easy it can get going over there. i guess going to klia is long because there isn't a direct road linking sbn to klia..even the highway goes from one end to another end before u reach klia wherelse the old sbn-klang road leads u directly to sg pelek..no 360 or 180 turn..

sorry to stir things up here thou..i live in the heart of SBN..you can reach sungai pelek in 20-25mins from seremban via the old seremban-banting road. i go there almost every weekend(including today), driving at abt 70-80kms p/h.

perhaps different route, different time frame. hop on my back and i'll show you how easy it can get going over there. i guess going to klia is long because there isn't a direct road linking sbn to klia..even the highway goes from one end to another end before u reach klia wherelse the old sbn-klang road leads u directly to sg pelek..no 360 or 180 turn..

Ramani, if you go into the "Pictures Speak a Thousand Words" thread you can see that once I argued and argued until I got my facts correct. Now from the maps availabe with me I can see that the distance from Sg. Pelek to Lukut (the junction not the town) alone is 27.2 km and the distance from there to Seremban via the normal Federal road is 25 km. Of course you can go from Lukut to Seremban via the S'ban-PD Hingway. Still with the travelling speed you mentioned plus the allowed 110 kmph for the highway I still doubt you can go from Seremban to SP in 25 minutes. Remember you have to start with 0 kmph and you have to deal with slow going traffic, the winding road from Lukut to Sepang and all that.

OK guys, leave the mileage discussion behind.

The haze as of today is still there and a lot of plane spotters hands' here are itchy. :p

Kelvin B, bring a real big fan on your way home this weekend. :help:

Give or take few miles or minutes.... my commute will be over 10,000 miles and over 20 FLYING hours just to spot and get the the Malaysian aviation scene ! :)

So as Chaity says.... haze better be dissipating soon. (tho my first day spotting in not till Nov 12th).

However after Japan 2004 trip now I keep a good supply of Prozac :) and Valium :D to calm me down if its hazy or rainy as we were unfortunate to run into typhoon there and had 4 days of nothing but rain :angry:

NOTE to self: "pack some nice sunny Canadian/US blue skies for the local WMKK spotters"

Give or take few miles or minutes.... my commute will be over 10,000 miles and over 20 FLYING hours just to spot and get the the Malaysian aviation scene ! :)

NOTE to self: "pack some nice sunny Canadian/US blue skies for the local WMKK spotters"

He he Raj, we are using Km here-lah ! :p :D

Don't pack all those sunny blue skies, courier some here now as I needed it badly for tomorrow 10/19 :help: :help:

Oh thats over 160000 in km! Now I feel even more tired before getting onboard the flight!

Sorry cannot help tomorrow however FEDEX has promised me that they will be able to transport small weather systems in the cargo haul of A380 once it joins the fleet :)

All the best for 10/19. Will be looking for some posts.

Oh thats over 160000 in km! Now I feel even more tired before getting onboard the flight!

Sorry cannot help tomorrow however FEDEX has promised me that they will be able to transport small weather systems in the cargo haul of A380 once it joins the fleet :)

All the best for 10/19. Will be looking for some posts.

Thanks for the clarification on Fedex A380 Raj Changela, just saw your reply. :)

By the time you ship the weather systems here, we could have spot with infra red cameras :lol:

hop on my boat, i'll bring you there in 25 minutes when we get a chance to do so =)

Interesting. Is your route on this map (courtesy of malsingmaps.com)?

IPB Image

Note Bagan Lalang, bottom left. There is great (halal) seafood there. I wrote a bit about it here:

http://www.malsingmaps.com/forum/modules.p...iewtopic&t=1045

+++

Chaity,

So hazy and you are out there. Salute salute. SVC departed at 1100? How come so late? Must be got a lot of defects. It was very very 'sick' when I flew her not lnog before you snap her.