MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Derek Siu

VC-10 [take off viedo + photo)

Excellent pix of VC10, AFAIK, this baby visited Malaysia few weeks ago. Is this taken In Europe judgin from the small hut by the runway................

Excellent pix of VC10, AFAIK, this baby visited Malaysia few weeks ago. Is this taken In Europe judgin from the small hut by the runway................

YEs u are right, it took by me in the busy RAF base [in uk "Brize norton"]

Edited by Derek Siu

Flew one of those between LHR and DUS in the 70's: have the most fondest memories of the flight :good: :good: :good:

Flew one of those between LHR and DUS in the 70's: have the most fondest memories of the flight :good: :good: :good:

WOW! MR Pilot! i wish i m a pilot and able to fly one of this when im older :lol:

WOW! MR Pilot! i wish i m a pilot and able to fly one of this when im older :lol:

Flew on the VC10 as a passenger, but I am a PPL holder, though ;)

I remember seeing a VC-10 at LHR back in 1995. At first, i had no idea what aircraft it was, so i thought it was a DC-9 with special 4 engines.

I also one saw the IL-62 at KUL which almost look alike the VC-10

Flew on the VC10 as a passenger, but I am a PPL holder, though ;)

:lol: sorry i misunderstand, but flew on one of these before still very good, coz i hv never been on one of those , only seen them from outside

The RAF VC-10 in in KUL again at this moment. Expect it to depart around noon tomorrow (Sunday)

there are about 7 in total (tristar) in the RAF, when i last visit them, the one i visit was one of the one which fly back from the mid-east

Oh, Uncle Pieter, you are a PPL? :good:

I know just now. <_>

Yep, US PPL holder: had my training in Titusville/FL. ;)

The RAF VC-10 in in KUL again at this moment. Expect it to depart around noon tomorrow (Sunday)

Anybody got it in the haze yesterday (Sunday)??

i got him in the haze on the 14th (saturday), no action... wanted to go to the airport on sunday but decided at last to join the TT session after the model shooting in the morning.....

IPB Image

Still there on the 19th, afternoon.

IPB Image

Loks like under maintenance, as she asked for engine ground run shortly after. Too bad, this is my best shot.

By the 22nd evening, she is gone.

Edited by Radzi