MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mushrif A

No-windows windowseat

I'm trying to establish which rows to avoid on MH fleet if one must get a window seat but ends up with a windowless row (because the traditional space for the window is used by cables, whatever, underneath the cabin-wall panel, or there's just no provision for a window there).

I think this is row 9 in Y for the 734 fleet.

Also, row 4 in GCC on the 772 does not have a window closest to the pax (i.e. you have to stretch forward to get an outside view).

What about the A333, A332 and the 744? Which rows to avoid due to lack of windows for the window-seat?

I'm trying to establish which rows to avoid on MH fleet if one must get a window seat but ends up with a windowless row (because the traditional space for the window is used by cables, whatever, underneath the cabin-wall panel, or there's just no provision for a window there).

I think this is row 9 in Y for the 734 fleet.

Also, row 4 in GCC on the 772 does not have a window closest to the pax (i.e. you have to stretch forward to get an outside view).

What about the A333, A332 and the 744? Which rows to avoid due to lack of windows for the window-seat?

Why not do it the easy way? Aim for seat #s which are sure to have windows. Refering to http://www.seatguru.com/ would give you an idea the range of seat #s with windows. Or better still, just ask when you are checking in. Normally they would oblige.

If I'm not mistaken, the seat 7A & 7F in MAS b734 is the one which do not have window view, 9 i'm not too sure about it.

Edited by Chan CS

I once trade my windowless window seat with my dad, dunno the seat number cuz I'm not a seat fan :p

Edited by Seth K

Why not do it the easy way? Aim for seat #s which are sure to have windows. Refering to http://www.seatguru.com/ would give you an idea the range of seat #s with windows. Or better still, just ask when you are checking in. Normally they would oblige.

seriously? they do have such website? coolness!!! :lol:

seriously? they do have such website? coolness!!! :lol:

Welcom to the freak world too :rofl: There are more aviation related website, we have a thread about this thou :good:

Well, seatguru has no coverage for MH, and trying to apply the seatmap of another airline operating the same aircraft type is ..well, hardly accurate. At best, an estimate.

The point of this exercise is to bag certain window seats in favourable rows as opposed to some safe row where there will be windows.

For instance, front/ forward rows are always more stable during flight but you risk getting windowless window seats as in row 7 (not 9 as I originally posted) on the 734s and I think the 3rd Y row in A333.

Also, the 744s which have 2-4-2 seating right at the back where the cabin tapers, however I understand that one of this row or the ones before this have blocked out windows.

I don't concern about the seating numbers anymore...

Fly AirAsia... :lol:

p/s: jumpseat, you'll get the biggest window ever in your life... :lol:

Edited by Mohd Idham

Sign in to follow this