MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Idham

First Light Helicopter for UTM

Ah~ 10,000 for non-pressurised cabin...I've always thought it's 8,000.

Yes... for non-pressurised you can fly at 10,000'

but not for very long tho'..... light headed after that :nea:

You know when you starts to talk nonsense.. :p

Somemore photos...

IPB Image

Our Vice Chanselor, Datuk Prof. Dr. Ir. Mohd Zulkifli bin Tan Sri Hj. Mohd Ghazali

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Who is shooting who..? :lol:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nice helicopter and cockpit ;)

Do I see many Nikonians there ? :pardon:

Thanks.. :D

Pieter, Nikon & Canon dSLRs is everywhere that day.. :)

Somemore photos..

IPB Image

Really a workhorse for me...must be inside the frame everywhere I go.. :lol:

IPB Image

VIP's car..

IPB Image

Two Rotorway Execs were built from kits in the 1990's in Sempang. One belonged to a now retired MAS director and never flew for some reason. The other was built by KITFAM, completed and flown but developed engine problems after a while and was left idle.

As for the human ceiling, many tell me that it's 10,000ft. A friend and myself flew at 15,000 unpressurised and without oxygen from Jakarta to Lombok and found no adverse effect on us.

is that an Estima converted buggy?

looks cool man!

looks like a useful piece of equipment for medical response units at major events! can fit a stretcher in it nicely~ :good:

Congratulation UTM. And how about the UAV project, when will it be ready?

Malaysian university with Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering :

UTM - 1st in Malaysia

USM - Russian influence

MMU - coming soon

I think the leading Aerospace faculty in ASEAN is at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB). They have a huge influence on Nusantara Aerospace/IPTN

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Hey, congratulations there for the production of a chopper! Fly to UM one day soon, and be sure to get me exclusive pass so I can take a closer look at it ya... :D :D Yeah, I'm serius; come to UM one day and let me be informed (no demand for an exclusive treatment, though :) ).

I wonder when USM Transkrian is going to come up with their own chopper or, for that matter, a remote control a/c. If they do come up with their stuff, most probably construction of the promised airstrip will come in no time!

Teoh,

Bring them to sample the delicious foods at Science Faculty cafeteria :D (provided its the same caterer during my days there)

Malaysian university with Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering :

UTM - 1st in Malaysia

USM - Russian influence

MMU - coming soon

UPM and UiTM pun ada juga

UTM first...last time it was jointventure with our RMAF..and not so long ago, got Diploma in Kawalan Trafik Udara (ATC) also...

I think the leading Aerospace faculty in ASEAN is at Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB). They have a huge influence on Nusantara Aerospace/IPTN

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Teoh,

Bring them to sample the delicious foods at Science Faculty cafeteria :D (provided its the same caterer during my days there)

Yes, I think ITB is the leading one. Former Indon President Habibi is the founder of Nusantara Aerospace if I remember correctly, and he was a gradute of ITB. Our recent member Arief graduated there... Where is Arief now, huh?? Hello there...

Haha... Yeah... Bring them here for food! Fitri, I think the caterer is still the same... They have been there for, like, decades... I don't know... It's been many years. The foods yummy or not...? Hmm... People from other faculties like to eat here... So, you liked the food here, Fitri?

Can someone please give some insights about the local aerospace academic scene (university level). I mean, what are their achievements, what and where are their graduates doing, who are the notable figures, and most importantly, how have they contributed to the Malaysian aerospace industry

Thanks

Teoh,

Let just say that the UM Science Faculty is THE centrepoint of Universiti Malaya. And yes, I like the foods there, especially the laksa... Whenever I go down to KL, I'll try to find a way to go and meet former lecturer and friends(currently doing their MSc) at the cafeteria.

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Can someone please give some insights about the local aerospace academic scene (university level). I mean, what are their achievements, what and where are their graduates doing, who are the notable figures, and most importantly, how have they contributed to the Malaysian aerospace industry

Thanks

Teoh,

Let just say that the UM Science Faculty is THE centrepoint of Universiti Malaya. And yes, I like the foods there, especially the laksa... Whenever I go down to KL, I'll try to find a way to go and meet former lecturer and friends(currently doing their MSc) at the cafeteria.

Would love to know the local aerospace scene as well. Yes, please anyone if you have info.

Fitri, so it is! Didn't know my faculty is the center of UM... :D Happy to be here!

Don't forget to visit me should you drop by! Hoping to see you... :good:

University Technology Malaysia...we have all the facilities u need here..u just named it..wind tunnel, fighter jets, cargo plane, helicopter, test flight area (Mersing), etc etc....

University Technology Malaysia...we have all the facilities u need here..u just named it..wind tunnel, fighter jets, cargo plane, helicopter, test flight area (Mersing), etc etc....

Provide me tour guide my visit early next year, probably... :pardon:

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Provide me tour guide my visit early next year, probably... :pardon:

Not to forget me..another Penangties :pardon:

Btw, Idham when will you gradute from UTM? :)

Edited by Min Chun

Sign in to follow this