MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

Facilities at new KCH terminal

Not sure if my questions below have been mentioned in earlier posts but I'm wondering the following:

(1) Is there a safe & reliable left luggage service at landside at the KCH terminal?

(2) Is there anything that remotely resembles a day-room or quiet areas at the terminal?

(3) What to do if one has a 5-hour layover during the morning i.e. mid-morning in bound and mid-afternoon outbound? Easy to get a ride back to airport from town if heading to town to burn the hours?

Appreciate some insights.

Not sure if my questions below have been mentioned in earlier posts but I'm wondering the following:

(1) Is there a safe & reliable left luggage service at landside at the KCH terminal?

(2) Is there anything that remotely resembles a day-room or quiet areas at the terminal?

(3) What to do if one has a 5-hour layover during the morning i.e. mid-morning in bound and mid-afternoon outbound? Easy to get a ride back to airport from town if heading to town to burn the hours?

Appreciate some insights.

1. i cant remember seeing a left luggage service at KIA..i was there back in May, but im not sure if there is now..

2. hm..i dont think so..there's not enough chairs at the concourse area to begin with..

3.yerp..its easy to go to town and back to the airport within 5hrs..i did that with my client and we still have enough time to do last minute shopping at pasar satok..

i like the the new terminal..but i do think that the terminal need some improvement ...just look at the taxi booth..very improper indeed..hope that a fast food outlet will open there soon....the food at the cafe is very expensive..

1. i cant remember seeing a left luggage service at KIA..i was there back in May, but im not sure if there is now..

2. hm..i dont think so..there's not enough chairs at the concourse area to begin with..

3.yerp..its easy to go to town and back to the airport within 5hrs..i did that with my client and we still have enough time to do last minute shopping at pasar satok..

i like the the new terminal..but i do think that the terminal need some improvement ...just look at the taxi booth..very improper indeed..hope that a fast food outlet will open there soon....the food at the cafe is very expensive..

Fairul is right about it...There were few shop lots at the arrival area.I do heard rumors that there will be a fast food outlet at the main terminal building,but i'm still unsure about this news.

if u hav 5 hrs to wait ....... i think u can go back town and hav a sleep for 4 hrs and then the last hr baru drive back to airport :p stil hav alot of time...cause all highway link to airport now... very fast...

Is the new Golden Lounge open yet? Wanna see what it might look like.

As of last week, not yet.

Thanks for all the replies.

I understand that the G-Lounge is still being renovated, so no luck there.

Btw, what is the realistic min. connecting time in KCH between an arriving MH flight and a departing AK flight that I intend to connect to?

Would 1.5hrs be workable?